Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program? >

Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

Community
Notices

Would anyone like to join me on an 8 week program?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies. Thanks for joining! Lets keep each other motivated to meet our goals. I decided to just compile our current weights since everyone had responded with them. Let's post our updated weights every monday.

Week 1
jennygoodman @ 170lbs
Michellebelle_05 @ 189.5lbs
[email protected] @ 133lbs
vbrazier @ 118lbs
jemmott01 @ 145 lbs

Did anyone else want to share their week's goals? Or their workout routine? (Beth, are you ONLY walking?) What's everyone's average caloric intake? I ate only 1000 calories today Thats not a lot, right? lol. Sure didnt feel like it.

Enjoy your week!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Boy do I hear ya on the Gym thing. I don't even want to think about how much money I've wasted in the last 10 years on memberships and equipment!
Those things are great for those who are disciplined enought to use them for something other than a clothes rack!
Right now I'm only walking. here is where a gym would come in handy.
I live in the east valley of phoenix, az and today it's "only" 111 degrees. So the dog and I are out the door at 5am cuz thats the only time it's cool enough to go. The low tonite will be 87degrees. "but it's a DRY heat!!" LOL
I need to find my hand weights and start using those also.
Oh, FYI, I own 2 Bar/restaurants so I have to be there by 6:30am and then try to avoid all the sales people with samples!!! (tues is wine sample day, Oh my!!)
But thanks for the feedback. Oh, Keeping my calories between 600 and 900 per day.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

I think we're on like week 6 or so on another thread I joined a while back. I would like to join this one too, since it's just starting they will only lap a few weeks, and that one weighs in on Friday. I'm hoping a Monday weigh-in will help keep me in check over the weekend. Yesterday morning I weighed 157, but I did not weigh myself this morning (I had beer last night, so I really just didn't want to know). My goal weight is 120, so this week I would like to lose 3 pounds.

My goals for the week are:

1. 5 hours of cardio (either on the elliptical or aerobics DVD)
2. 3 miles of running
2. 2 hours of weight training (cause I paid for that dang membership)
3. 10 hours gardening
4. Keep calories to 1,600 or less everyday
5. Drink 96 ounces of water (or more) each day
6. Clean this messy messy house while wearing ankle weights
Old 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

I'll join too! I weigh 139 pounds and want to weigh 117 by September 29 which is my first wedding anniversary and also Spring time where I'm from (Australia) so a good time to look fit. In this 8 week program I'll hope to get to 121 pounds. I restrict by 978 calories a day. My goal this week is to get back into my old routine of going to the gym daily. I cut back a bit due to getting the flu.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Count me in

Hi everyone,

I'd also like to be accountable to someone. I weigh 140 and I would like to lose 15 pounds while gaining muscle mass and definition. I was hoping for an 8 week plan. This is the first time I have tried to seriously lose weight; the calorie counting is a real eye opener to how easy it is to consume way over the healthy limit.

I just joined a gym and my goal is to go everyday and take a class, alternating between cardio and weightlifting. It seems the only way I will put effort into a workout is if I am too embarrassed to be the only one out of sync in the group. I also am hoping to develop a new relationship with food: don't turn to food for comfort, only eat when I am hungry, crave healthy foods, etc.

I try to keep my calories between 1500-1200 each day, but truthfully this doesn't usually work out. I find that one day I can make it and the next day I will binge; I seem to go nuts without sugary candy. I am trying to replace this habit with sugar-free hard candies.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:41 PM
FitDay Member

Week 1
jennygoodman @ 170lbs
vbrazier @ 118lbs
jemmott01 @ 145 lbs
almeeker @ 159.2
Old 07-12-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi guys! I'd like to join too if that's okay.
I got back on track last week after 2 1/2 weeks of pure sabotage. Luckily I didn't do as much damage to my weight as I'd thought. I'm still a half pound above where I was before those 2 weeks, but at least it's not 5!

jennygoodman @ 170lbs
vbrazier @ 118lbs
jemmott01 @ 145 lbs
almeeker @ 159.2
KristynBond @ 175.5
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Oh yeah, I forgot to state my goals.
I started this journey with 79 pounds to lose. So far I've lost 39 (okay...38.5). I wanted to be at 135 by October, but it looks like that's not going to happen. So I'm hoping by December to be at my goal weight. Currently I go to step aerobics and zumba classes. I try to go 4 times a week, but sometimes I only get there 2 or 3 times. My biggest struggle is willpower. I LOVE fattening foods. Things like ice cream and pizza I could eat in VERY large quantities every day. I'm definitely a food addict, and will keep eating even when not hungry. I've been pretty good about this during the week, but weekends are still difficult. Right now I'm reading a book on doing a diet detox to rid my body of toxins. I'm hoping to commit to some sort of detox diet/cleanse for at least a few days (a few weeks would be better, but I'm trying to be realistic).
I'm looking forward to this weekly weigh in so that I can have other people to share with and hold me accountable.
Good luck everyone!
Old 07-12-2010, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent, more people! Here is where we stand. I think Ive got everyone here...

Week 1
jennygoodman @ 170lbs
vbrazier @ 118lbs
jemmott01 @ 145 lbs
almeeker @ 159.2
KristynBond @ 175.5
bebe16 @ 140lbs
g_j_b @ 139lbs

Can anyone recommend a good aerobic workout video online or youtube? I have no exercise equipment. I think I have an exercise ball somewhere but thats TBD.

Hey Beth, I JUST moved from Phoenix 2 weeks ago up to NH. What restaurants do you own?? We could have been workout buddies
Old 07-12-2010, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Week 1

Well, damn!! Too bad I missed you!! I'm surrounded by people all the time but it's really hard to find an actual friend that you have things in common with and actually like for more than 10 minutes at a time!! Oh well, we'll just have to be long distiance Buds! You did move to a beautiful area tho for this time of year!! My restaurant in Az is in Apache Junction. We have a bar in La Crosse Wi. My husband travels back and forth twice a month.

So on to the new week!! This morning I weighed in at 132.6.! Kinda like being 5 and a half again. I'll take whatever reduction I can!!
This week I hope to lose another 3 lbs. My hubby leaves for Wi. on Wed and he'll be gone for 8 days this trip. Makes it Much easier to stay on track if I don't have to cook for him. I plan to start injecting running spurts into my walks and dig out my ankle and wrist weights.

Good luck and welcome to everyone and those who just joined us. If any one would care to email me directly that would be fine. ( it's my login)
Beth W

Starting weight 145
Current 132.6
Goal 115
Height 5'4"
Age 50

Last edited by [email protected]; 07-12-2010 at 02:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.