Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 07-30-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome nottango!! I weigh myself everyday too, it's a bad habit, but I can't help it either..

Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-01-2010, 12:16 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like there's only a few of us left!
This week I saw the results that I should've seen last week - down 3 pounds to 145.
Started: 154# on 6/21
Current: 145# on 8/1
Goal: 135# by 11/11
Unfortunately, I seem to be losing in the chest, and my butt & thighs are holding on to the fat.
I'm preparing for my vacation - leaving for the Smokey's next Saturday for a week. I had been planning to take the week off FitDay (no offense) but now am thinking I need to bring a notebook and write down all I eat to keep from gaining back all 9 pounds. Also, will be paying more for portion-controlled favorite snacks so I can practice more control. The Cheetos in the little bags taste the same as the "Family Size" -right?

Last edited by nottango; 08-01-2010 at 03:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in 136.2- Lost a little less than a pound this week. Results not huge, but pretty good considering how chaotic my week was. My time I usually spend exercising was cut in half and I had to do a lot of driving around, which led to me picking up quick foods that weren't too healthy. So I'm actually pretty satisfied with what I lost.

nottango- good luck on your vacation! And LoL, I'm pretty sure they taste the same
Old 08-03-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm late weighing in

It's nice to be under the 140 mark for once..

Hope everyone has a great week and keep up the good work!!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default vacation bound!

I am checking in early this week, and have great news - lost 2 more pounds, so I'm at 143# at the beginning of my trip to the mountains. I am hoping to gain no more than 3 pounds, and feel pretty good about preparations. I got junk for the kids which does not tempt me in the least. I am so proud, too - they actually suggested fruit when we were talking about what to bring! I'll be hiking and swimming, possibly "horseback riding" (which consists of sitting on a horse being led slowly down a pathway with a guide when you're with 5- and 7- yr olds), and rafting (not intensely, obviously).
My appetite has been totally under control lately - maybe having vacation to look forward to has really been a big influence. I have not deprived myself at all.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like everyone is doing good!!

Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default back from vacation

Weighed in at 145# this morning, which means I gained 2#. Ate plenty of food, including trail mix and S'Mores but kept active as well.
I was with my skinny friend, who actually brought Ensure for herself and her son, because sometimes they have no interest in food, and prefer to drink the supplements. Totally couldn't relate.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

I can add another count to the "gained two pounds" over the weekend club

Here's hoping I can burn it off the week and start losing again by next week!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I would love to join your support group. I am 43 and need to lose about 20 lbs. I have gained slowly over the last few years and can't hardly believe the numbers I'm seeing on the scales these days. I love to run several times a week, and despite all that running, the numbers still keep creeping up. Frustrating. I just started about a week ago counting calories through Fitday and lost 3 lbs. last week. I am restricting my calories to 1200 a day, but not written in stone. If I go over, I don't panic. I know that I should lose with anything under 1500 so I'm flexible with it. Trying to get back on my running & exercising this week. It has been way too hot and I've had so much going on this summer that I haven't done it in over a month now. Anyway, may I join your group, and if so, what do is weigh-in? Thanks so much.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Welcome Cindy!

We're a loosely-knit group, but provide the support and encouragement for each other. Officially we are weighing in on Sundays, but we've all been vacationing, so some weeks it's earlier, some later. It's really helpful to interact with people in the same boat, so to speak. We all are told that we're fine the way we are (because most people are heavier than us!) but are struggling with those stubborn pounds.
I used to be a runner, and just started jogging again this summer. Starting to feel really good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.