Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 07-18-2010, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Everyone!

I went a little higher on my carbs than I normally would today but I did some technical hiking/rock climbing and figured I probably needed the extra energy. Still on track with my cal. Today was the first day I had to eat out for breakfast with some old friends. I picked the healthiest thing I could see which was a bowl of muesli with fruit. I have never ordered a breakfast that light before. I usually treat myself with the usual eggs potatoes and sausage and think I'm doing good if I don't go for the giant spinach & cheese skillet or something. Anyway it was great and so filling I ate about a cup of it with soy milk and most of the fruit(.5 cup) I didn't finish it and felt great. So far so good. I feel really good today. I am listening to my body and I feel like I'm in a good groove with the food aspect. I eat little meals and never let myself get too hungry. Today I got some goat cheese and was reading the label and realized that subconsciously I am probably needing some healthy bacteria since I hate yogurt but love to drink this cleansing tea. makes sense to me. Havent had a chance to weigh yet. Long story bla bla. I hope you all have a great evening.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

hi, I've started a fitday diet today (counting calories) and I'm trying to lose 15 pounds. I'm cutting way way back on carbs, no alcohol!, enjoying tons of summer fruit, veggie juice, salads, yummy meats, and lots of coffee with sugar free creamer and I'll probably end up relying on diet sodas as well. I don't have any specific exercise planned because I walk everywhere and run after a preschool aged child every day.
I've been emotionally overeating for the last 4 months and I want to get back in control. This process is not easy, but reading others posts is very helpful.
Old 07-21-2010, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Raven Plum!
Old 07-21-2010, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

I wanted to share that I had a quick and easy idea about making a banana split w/o all the other stuff when you have a craving for ice cream and chocolate..
I took a raw banana and put a little chocolate syrup on it added a tiny dab of whipped cream with nothing else.. I was a little nervous when I first tried it, but I had to pat myself on the back for replacing one of my bad habits with something better for me.. It was pretty good too!!

I agree Canary, Diet Soda is poison, everything with Aspartame in it can make it hard to lose weight, I’m trying to wean myself off of it, I drink lots of iced tea with Sweet ‘N’ Low, I’m trying to use regular sugar or nothing, but I love sweet tea..

Peanutbutter, I can relate to what you said about planning and thinking ahead about everything.

I feel like I have to have a mega shopping list sometimes to accommodate my diet. I usually try to put all the cut up fruit and vegetables in individual baggies or small containers so everything is easy to pull out of the fridge.. My mother n’ law taught me that..
I’m learning everyday and trying to make things better for myself..

I’m still having a fit with my night-time eating, but I’ve managed to try and keep it calm with readying some different books, I used to love to read b4 I had children, and now it’s still not easy to find the time, but I’m trying to rewire my desire to want to sneak into the refrigerator..

Good Night!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there, my neighbor has MS and he rides a recumbant bike for exercise because he can't walk very well.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday weigh-in time: I'll say 148 again. I did see 147 for a few days this week, but ate a lot yesterday. Just glad to still be under 150.

Last edited by nottango; 07-25-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday Weigh in- 137 lbs. Not as impressive as a loss as last week but progress is progress. I'll take it. One thing I realized this week is how tricky it is to avoid bad food. We visited my fiancé's grandmother who's been sick. Since she didn't have any strength to cook, she insisted on buying us pizza/fast food. We showed up, and were constantly offered chips, and candy. After we had eaten dinner, she surprised us with a birthday cake (both of us have a birthday in July). I feel like this places you in a tricky situation, as turning down the bad food would be such bad manners! So I tried to compromise by not eating too much of it. I ended up gaining a pound as a result, but managed to get rid of it again.

I had a similar situation the week before when a family member was in town and asked if we wanted to go to a restaurant where even the salads are high in calories. I have a hard time saying no to that. I guess the only thing you can do is try to make the best out of what's on the menu.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Good Job everyone!!

I didn't have such a great week, I stressed a little before and after my test, but this week I'm going to work my tail off!!

Weigh in 140.8
Old 07-29-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!

This week I've been running and walking with my kids, I feel so much better when I work-out!!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I've been seeing numbers on the scale I haven't seen in a while! I know you're not supposed to weigh daily (especially us women with the complications we have to endure) but can't help it. I've been taking the dog every morning and playing with the kids most evenings. Clothes are a bit looser.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.