Notices

Is there a 10-20lb club

Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Joining the 10-20lb club

Hi ladies!

I've been using FitDay almost consistently since Jan but when I stop monitoring my food, I bounce back to my original weight. Losing 20lbs would be ideal for me and I need this forum for support and accountability. I started walking my dog a lot recently, about 4 miles on the weekends, and I try to take her out twice during the workweek for about 3 miles daily. I have Multiple Sclerosis so my energy level pretty much dissipates at around 4pm (fatigue) and I have to be careful in the heat. I've been weighing in every Sunday since early June and keeping track on a spreadsheet but I'm not losing as much as I'd like. I had cut my calories to 1620 and lost only 1 lb. Anyway, I missed weigh in yesterday but it was 155lbs. My issue is not burning calories as much as I should. My only exercise at the moment is walking my dog daily but I know I need to ramp it up. I started a zig-zag calorie plan starting today (fluctuates between 1240 and 1752 during a week) so I hope this works. Sorry about the rambling! I'm all over the place!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

A flea's nostril, I love that..

I'm glad you got to work-out with your daughter, I long for the days when mine will work out with me, I bet it's like having a best friend there....

Sounds like we are all pressing with some sort of deadline. I have a test coming up next week, they call it the Praxis, but I call it the devil, I've tried to pass this thing like 5 times already, I'm not giving up. I'm pressing forward..
This is the first time that I have nothing else going on and can study for it, before I was either working, or going to school studying for tons of other tests. Now when I can't sleep at night or when the kids nap, I take advantage of the study time.. I finished school 4 years ago and it took me 6 years to get a 4 year degree, but in the middle of all that I started a family too..

I will keep on, keeping on..

Good luck to everyone on all that they have to do!

Welcome~ Dedicatedtohealth glad you are here..
Old 07-12-2010, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Canary52- moderation is everything, and something that I struggle with. For me, it's hard not to eat the whole bag of candy at once. One thing I've found that works okay is for me is Jello instant chocolate pudding. So far I haven't been tempted to binge there, probably because I prepare them in little teacups. If I eat all four servings at once, then I have to wash them at once.

Circuitmom- Aaah the Praxis. I knew quite a few education majors while going for my undergrad and I remember how stressed out they used to get. I know someone that had to take it quite a few times to (she struggled with Math) but eventually got it. I just took a big comprehensive exam on Saturday. Didn't sleep a wink the night before I was so worried! Good luck on your test. I can only imagine how time consuming it is to get a degree while raising little ones.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone is having a great week..
Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

I checked it out too, but have been very happy with this site. Can't teach an old dog...
I have had a stressful week at work - too nervous to eat there, and too depressed to eat later, so it's been a great week calorie-wise. I have a puppy who wont let me even consider skipping the morning jog/walk. I'm feeling much more fit than a month ago!
Old 07-17-2010, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

This week has been a little busy, my Aunt has had some health issues, next was my husbands grandfather.. I've been taking both of them back and forth to the hospital and Doctor's appointments.. I didn't get in one day of exercise, I was eating pretty good for the week, but had a splurge day for my B-day last night.. My test is this Saturday, I'm going to study a little at a time, and just do the best I can.. I'm not going to put the added stress on myself...

Weigh in 140.8

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.. I'm going to enjoy some time with my family and relax!!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default what percentage?

Does anyone here know what is a healthy percentage of carb/fats/protein? I've been tracking my cals for 3 days now and today I am at 41% fats 41% carbs and %18 protein. I am only eating fruits, raw veges, whole grains, eggs ect. no processed food no processed sugar no white flour.

Anyway I've been doing very good as far as calorie intake. This is my 6th day of dieting but I've only tracked it for 3. I havent weighed myself yet but i know Ive lost at Least 3 lbs. I can already see it in my face. I wanted to get a week under my belt before I started weighing. I just did not want to see those #'s, hoping that I wont be too freaked out when I weigh in today or tomorrow. I'm guessing that I probably weighed 185-189 when I started and I want to get down to 170. If that goes well then maybe in the 160's. but I'd be thrilled with 170.
Thanks for everybodys input, i am so glad to have this forum. I know my family is sick of hearing me talk about calories and food. I really get into it because it seems like you have to. I mean I think about everything I eat 4-5 times a day and plan. It's almost obsessive but challenging and fun to see results!
Old 07-17-2010, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Okay, It's Sunday morning and I just got back from my jog. Weight 148#. Lost 2# this week. Would rather be a little fatter and less stressed, but I'll take it!
Circuitmom; good luck on your test!
PeanutButter: The best percentage of Carb/fat/protein is whatever works best for you, and what your goals are. I prefer to do aerobic activities, and function best at ~50% carb, 30% fat and 20% protein. Some people do Atkins-like diets, which are extremely low carb (but honeslty everyone I now who's lost weight that way has gained it back, and then some). Weight lifters seem to prefer a mix of 40%carb/40%protein/30%fat.

Hope everyone had a good week!
Old 07-18-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone! I had a pretty good week this week. Managed to exercise in the mornings, and kept my calorie intake right where it should be. I did have a couple less than good meals, but I manage to "budget" my calories successfully so it didn't throw me too far off. As a result, I lost a little over 3 and half pounds! I'm shocked! I now weight 138.4. It's still considered overweight for my height, but thanks to the exercise I've been doing this month, I'm noticing a little definition in my arms. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred DVD for three weeks now. When I first began, I couldn't even do 1 modified push up and now I can to several. I also started taking multivitamins. They're not as yummy and chewy as when I remember as a kid, but they're good for me

Next week is going to be more of a challenge as I have two large assignments to complete on top of my regular work. When I'm stressed, the first place I reach is the chocolate so I'll have to be sure not to go overboard this time.

Peanutbutter- I haven't really figured out the best combination for me either on the fat/carbs/protein scale. I think nottango is right where it depends on what type of diet/exercise you're doing. I look more at RDA/AI Graph and try to keep the cabs from going over 100%, and keep that Protein High.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like everyone is doing awesome!!! Thanks for the support everyone..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.