Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

You can "overuse" a happy face? Gee, you wouldn't think that was possible. I say go ahead Chunkydunk and smile away, heaven knows you deserve it!
Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
You can "overuse" a happy face? Gee, you wouldn't think that was possible. I say go ahead Chunkydunk and smile away, heaven knows you deserve it!

Yes, the limit is 4 per message! LOL!
Old 07-31-2010, 08:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
I did that heart rate thing you sent me and if I did it right I got

So is my target heart 149.2 since that is the middle? WOW if so I can not stay in that very long at all. If I do the eliptical I do it at level 8 or so and usually close to 7.0 for speed. I get passed 149 in no time.

I am going to see my doctor Aug 23rd because I do not know what else to do
I'm not sure about the Step 5 number, but I'd focus on the range of 137-162. That's really strange that you are blowing by that number so quickly. I have to sweat pretty good to get to 140-150, and my weight's been coming off fairly well.

I would definitely go talk to a doctor before doing anything else, and maybe he/she can help you figure out what your target heart rate should be. I'm no expert by any means on the subject, but I know that going too high for too long can be bad. I don't think you're doing that, but you might be in more of an "endurance" range rather than weight-loss.

Until then, you should definitely keep on exercising & food logging. If anything, bring those logs with you to the doctor to prove that you are doing what you need to do to lose weight, but it's not coming off like it should. There are numerous reasons your body could be feeling stubborn about. I'm crossing my fingers that you figure it out! I know that the weight is not coming off as fast as you'd like, but think of how much stronger & healthier you feel than when you first started. I mean, using the elliptical with that level & speed? That is amazing! I know there's no way I could do that right now.

Welcome to maryann1950! Glad to have you with us!

As for ChunkyDunk78 & WeightlossBoo....5lbs? Fantastic! Way to start off the journey with a bang. I'm so proud of you two.

In fact, I'm so proud of everyone on this thread. For all the plateaus, slow losses, off-plan days or weeks, and beginners and veterans on this road, I think you are all so awesome for sticking with your healthy lifestyle through both the bad & good times. You are an incredible group and I so look forward to seeing all your goals & accomplishments met!

The TOM symptoms haven't been as bad this month, so I'm hopeful that these new BC pills my OBGYN prescribed for PCOS are really helping. I didn't have the bloat that usually comes along with TOM. In fact, I've dropped 3 lbs so far this week. My official weigh-in isn't until Monday, but the daily weighs have really made that weekly weigh in less anxious. I think if I wind up with only a 1.5 or 2lb loss, I'll be happy.

ChunkyDunk78 , to answer your question about the amount of loss dropping, I've had a weird past few weeks, but it's went like this for me so far:

Week 1 & 2: -5 each week
Week 3: -1.5
Week 4: -3
Week 5: +1
Week 6: -1.3
Week 7: (Maybe -3?)

I've kinda been all over the place, really. I thought that with Week 6, maybe I had finally gotten to the point where I'd only see a 1.5-2lb loss a week, but this week is blowing that out of the water so far.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the best group here Maryann! You will find a lot of support here!

WooHoo ChunkyDunk and Weightlossboo on your losses!

Too many smilies??? Phhhshawwwwww!! FitDay is a party pooper!

I am just plain frustrated. I realize since I have been so upset over losing my Twinki that I havent been eating, but since crying so much I have been drinking fluids a lot... to the point where now I have added in the last week about 11 lbs of water weight. At least I know it is only water weight , whew!!

Hope all are having a good weekend!
Old 07-31-2010, 11:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
Yes, the limit is 4 per message! LOL!
Pooh, that is too bad , I think I have to use my max every time, so I don't feel robbed or something - it's the point of the thing really.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Yes I lost good at the beginning. If you are very overweight a person seems to then slows down. I lost 40 pounds my first two months. I will get weighed at the drs. in a couple weeks and we will see. Today I am wearing a blouse I couldn't button in April and now it buttons with some room left. Yea!! Come on everyone lose some weight with me! You will be glad you did!
Old 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the 40lbs maryann! I think everyone in this catagory is right in there with you.

You might want to look back through the whole topic at all the posts.. there are many here who are having plateau issues. Maybe you can get some pointers or helpful hints. As for exercize that you mentioned in another post, I dont know where you live, nor do I know if this program is cable/national or PBS but there is a show called sit and be fit. I think it was developed for homebound seniors and very overweight people as well as those perhaps in wheelchairs. So see if you can find it, and it might help give you a start to the extent you are able to do things. Good luck! (Just using my 4 as well lol)
Old 08-01-2010, 01:02 AM
FitDay Member

Wow maryann, that was a great initial loss!
I'm at 22lbs so far on week 5, and I'm hoping to achieve a 28lb loss by week 8.

I'm really pleased with myself so far. Remained pretty disciplined. Not had any cravings, even during my visit from 'Flo. Doing 6 cardio gym sessions per week. Plus swimming 2/3 times, water-aerobics, Salsacise, Tai Chi and 'Legs, Bums, Tums' all once a week. I can honestly say I'm loving my work outs!

Anyone got any other exercise ideas for me? I'm doing this full-time at the moment and want to make the most of my time.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Realistic goal setting?...

I have set a goal for myself to be at or below 340 by the end of August... and at or below 330 by the end of September. Do you think this is realistic? Basically 10 lbs a month. I am planning on not going over calories at all, continuously pushing more water, and increasing exercise as much as possible (given my back problem).
Old 08-01-2010, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

From all that I have heard and read, they say 2 lbs a week is about the max you should lose per week to keep it off. So I would say 8 lbs a month is good.. but you may luck out at least in the beginning, and make the 10 a month.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.