Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies >

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-30-2010, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

I did that heart rate thing you sent me and if I did it right I got

Resting HR= 63
HRMAX= 187
HR max reserve= 124
Lower THR= 137.4
Upper THR= 162.2
Step 5 = 149.2

So is my target heart 149.2 since that is the middle? WOW if so I can not stay in that very long at all. If I do the eliptical I do it at level 8 or so and usually close to 7.0 for speed. I get passed 149 in no time.

I need help lol. I am so fustrated because I am not losing inches because I take my measurements so I know plus I am not losing much weight at all. 9 pounds since end of Feb.

I eat good and do not eat junk food every day just maybe sometimes on the weekend if we go over to a friends or if we entertain.

We have salad with chicken for supper last night and yesterday I had spicy hummus with some whole grain crackers and veggies for lunch and for breakfast I have every morning 1 pack of all bran buds with activia fat free fiber yogurt

Supper we usually try to make it not carb overload so I am really coming to an end and I do not know what to do. I have never worked out 5 days a week in my life (spinx2, stepx2 and pump every lunch hour) so why if this weight not coming off?

I am going to see my doctor Aug 23rd because I do not know what else to do
Old 07-30-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

@christineval, that really sucks--- Even if you didn't change your eating habits, exercise alone should have made you lose either pounds and/or inches. Do you use the food tracking thing on here? A few people that I know tried it out and said they were shocked by how much they really ate, and how much fat, etc. Maybe you aren't eating enough calories or protein, or something... I guess I would try putting it in for several days and seeing--- even if that tells you nothing, at least then you can bring it to your doctor and they can look at it with you.

I'm curious... When everyone started out, I know usually you lose more weight at the beginning, so I'm just curious how many weeks people here lost more than 2 lbs. at the beginning. I want to make the most of my initial burn before settling in to the 2 or less pound a week loss.. A good jump start will make me feel like I am getting somewhere!

Last edited by ChunkyDunk78; 07-30-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

christineval, Man I just hate it when the scale doesn't show the effort you are making. I agree that it's time to visit the doctor. Also why don't you give us the low down on your average calories, your typical pie chart and how many calories you estimate the workouts to be burning, maybe someone has something they can offer. Are you getting enough water? Be honest now...

As for what I can offer on the rest of what you said. I think if you want to see the scale move you can't cheat for a while, not even on weekends. You are clearly a slimming turtle (who by the way beat the hare at the end of that fable - so hang in there). Also I am very hesitant to snack on hummus and whole wheat crackers. They are really good for you and I love them both, but they also pack a lot of calories and carbs (and possibly fats depending on the ingredients of each). If your body is efficient at hanging on to all that, it might be something to hold off on until you reach goal weight. You also might want to switch out the cereal for breakfast, again it's really good for you but carb heavy. If you love it and can't live without it, try eating just half of it and add maybe an apple and/or a can of tuna for the other half of breakfast. I don't know if carbs are your enemy, I'm strictly speaking from my own experience.

As for all that working out, I'm guessing that some of your scale stagnation is because you've been building up muscle mass, it may not show with the tape measure but it's there all the same. Maybe you need to mix it up a little, add some yoga or calisthenics or running once a week, get those muscles confused. Weight lifting drives me nuts, it's really hard and I sweat like mad, but it doesn't burn nearly the calories that running does, but I know that I need it all the same. Also I would guess based on the fact that you get up over your target HR, that you're still ramping up in the cardio department. I only say that because 3 years ago when I first started using the elliptical, my HR was up over 200 within the first few minutes of the workout, but now that I've been on it almost daily for the last 6-7 months, I never get above 150 and that's at a full out trot for 60-75 minutes (which would have put me into cardiac arrest in the beginning). Don't get discouraged, all in all you are much better off now than you were the end of February, 9 pounds gone forever and some serious improvement in your overall health, some of which you notice today and some of which you'll get to enjoy when you're a sweet little old lady...
Old 07-30-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
I'm curious... When everyone started out, I know usually you lose more weight at the beginning, so I'm just curious how many weeks people here lost more than 2 lbs. at the beginning. I want to make the most of my initial burn before settling in to the 2 or less pound a week loss.. A good jump start will make me feel like I am getting somewhere!
From Christmas Day until April I managed to average 3+ pounds/week. That is not to say that I lost 3 pounds every week, because there were a couple of weeks that I only lost a tiny bit or nothing at all, but often enough that was followed by a 4-5 pound drop, so the long and short of it is about 4 months, plus or minus. But I was very disciplined and on the edge of obsessive.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
From Christmas Day until April I managed to average 3+ pounds/week. That is not to say that I lost 3 pounds every week, because there were a couple of weeks that I only lost a tiny bit or nothing at all, but often enough that was followed by a 4-5 pound drop, so the long and short of it is about 4 months, plus or minus. But I was very disciplined and on the edge of obsessive.

OK, well that's encouraging I weighed in today... and I lost 5 pounds this week I am happy with that! I feel like I am getting a great start! I think drinking soda in the past has made me crave sugar sooo much. This is the first time I have just given soda up completely (not even drinking diet)... I haven't had any in 2 weeks, and I have found it so much easier to manage my calories without that. I think yesterday I had under 1500 calories and didn't even want to eat anything else... which for me is a big deal.
I'm going out to lunch with my BFF today... we are going to a local restaurant... so no nutritional information to plan ahead... But I am going to make smart choices there. (and no french fries LOL).
Old 07-31-2010, 02:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunk78
OK, well that's encouraging I weighed in today... and I lost 5 pounds this week I am happy with that! I feel like I am getting a great start! I think drinking soda in the past has made me crave sugar sooo much. This is the first time I have just given soda up completely (not even drinking diet)... I haven't had any in 2 weeks, and I have found it so much easier to manage my calories without that. I think yesterday I had under 1500 calories and didn't even want to eat anything else... which for me is a big deal.
I'm going out to lunch with my BFF today... we are going to a local restaurant... so no nutritional information to plan ahead... But I am going to make smart choices there. (and no french fries LOL).
Great! Sounds like you are making good choices. My name is Betty and I live in Iowa USA. I have a lot to lose too but perhaps we can all help each other do it.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Betty!!! And great job ChunkyDunk, man what I wouldn't give for a 5 pound week again. Vv jealous here and proud all at the same time...
Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Well done ChunkyDunk! I'm also down 5lbs this week, so celebrations all round.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by maryann1950
Great! Sounds like you are making good choices. My name is Betty and I live in Iowa USA. I have a lot to lose too but perhaps we can all help each other do it.
Welcome Everyone here is awesome and soo supportive!

Originally Posted by almeeker
Welcome aboard Betty!!! And great job ChunkyDunk, man what I wouldn't give for a 5 pound week again. Vv jealous here and proud all at the same time...
Thanks! I am enjoying it while it lasts...

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Well done ChunkyDunk! I'm also down 5lbs this week, so celebrations all round.
Woot-Woot! WTG!!!! We rock! lol
Old 07-31-2010, 05:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Poo..

Fitday just told me I was overusing the smiley faces. LOL. Apparently I am too freaking happy!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.