Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-07-2010, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Well done GameGal for your weight loss!

I don't blame you for not exercising so much in the heat. The air-conditioning in a gym is lovely, but the smack in the face you get when leaving the building is breath taking.

Also, you've begun losing significant weight and your cup size isn't diminishing? That must be really frustrating! I'm hoping to drop a number of cup sizes. If I come across any advice or specific exercises to help reduce bust size I'll post it.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Almeeker - YOU WIN... ultimately, I can decide not to pick up my phone, I can quit my job, I can stop answering email... but YOU can't make kids go away, no matter how much you pay 'em.
I hear you about the sweating. I got up at 5:30 to work out and had sweat pouring off me before I even go outta bed... ugh, icky icky gross.
Got 1/2 my AM workout done, just gotta bust out arms and Yoga, which I will do soon.
About people criticizing your goal weight - don't trip potato chip! People have no idea of healthy anymore, especially in the US. When I tell people I am going for 150, they actually tell me "That's overkill." Um, ex-squeeze me!? 150 is at the very top of my healthy range! Grr. If I was 140 already and said I wanted to get down to 125, everyone would have my back... somehow coming from up where we were down to healthy is ground for an eating disorder... um, NO! I had an eating disorder BEFORE I started losing weight!

People ask me a lot when I am going to "return to normal." Meaning not to freakish about my food and exercise... and my answer is that this IS normal, and what I was before was very, very abnormal. I enjoy going to parties with my friends and NOT being the biggest in the room. It's nice. I also have every intention (when I'm at goal) of adopting your plan of "on program" during the week and leaving weekends open for fun... within reason. I love that plan and it has given me hope at the end of the tunnel.
Well, I am off to do my arms (ouch)... again... Where's Jaynie!? Did I miss something???
LOL, you are right, kids won't go away no matter how much you pay them. They aren't motivated by money at all. They can sometimes be tricked into leaving, but it never lasts for very long, and by the time they come back they're on to your sneaky tricks and will bug you all the more. Actually I wasn't trying to win anything, just the thought of returning to office politics and intrigue has me shuttering. Kids at are apolitical and although yes diabolical, it's all on the surface, there's no murky subterfuge.

You gotta love not being the fattest person in the room anymore. I know I do.

The swim meet last night was brutally hot. So hot in fact that they let the kids play in the diving end of the pool when they weren't racing. It was pretty funny, one side thundering white water contained in lanes, the other side thundering white water chaos. Hilarious. And of course I had to sit near Mr. Stinking to High Heaven of cigarette smoke. He was horrible. When he wasn't outside smoking all he did was sit there and complain to his wife that their daughter was a tub of lard and the slowest swimmer on the face of the planet and encouraging her to swim was the dumbest idea his wife ever had. Seriously I wanted to club him over the head with a crow bar, and make it clear to him, with each smack, that all the things he thinks are wrong with his 14 year old daughter are ultimately his fault. Sorry for the rant, but raising children is serious business and this guy just pissed me off with the poor job he's doing.

I do think that my "on-plan" weekdays and "off-plan" weekends is going to work for me. I've been practicing with it a little, although the holiday weekend was a little more "off-plan" than it should have been. I'm almost back down to where I was last Friday morning, which is encouraging. I don't think I can "lose" weight that way, but for maintaining my goal weight it looks very promising.

Hoisting my cup up to all of you, stay strong and stay cool, it's looks like another scorcher out there...

Last edited by almeeker; 07-07-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Morning ladies...
Its a holiday here in Canada ...happy birthday Canada!! I start my holidays today...and heading to visit my dds in 3 weeks..cant wait (but don’t want it to go too fast because then summer is nearing the end)
Yes the 50,000,000 pound challenge is free..and I love the menu is all planned out for you and you can switch it around. As for the calories being too high...I will have to go back and check but Im positive I read its based on a 1300 calories. If you notice the portions are the recommended sizes..such as protein like sirloin stead being 3 or 4 ounces...etc. The Dr also says you should never be hungry on a diet...I love that. Ive always had the opposite in my head. His healthy snacks are such a good variety. Some of them I cannot trust to have in my house yet...cannot see myself buying a bag of chips and only eating a handful! But, someday I hope to be there. The last 3 days Ive lost over 5 pounds...not down to where I was..and thats hard to admit but I will get back to Virgin Fat Territory!!!
Almeeker...I feel your pain! What if you ate some protein along with your berries..such as yogurt or cheese to keep you fuller longer? Once that sugar monster raises its ugly head its soooooooo hard to get rid of! Youve come to far to give you!! Kick him in the ass!
Erinn 34 freakin inches!!!! Omg.................... you rock!!!!! 5 pounds this week and you have less then 100 to lose!! What a fantastic birthday present!!
Mstaff sounds likeyou had a good drs appt!!! Nice going on the 10 pounds!!
Egms...sounds like you made a plan to get thru the stress...and even though you didn’t lose you didn’t gain!!! Thats a winning situation to me!
Princess you say you are confused? Could you explain why you are confused? Theres is lots of help here.
Jay 3.6 this week...awesome!!!
Christine...you mentioned not eating chicken/protein/fruit/veggies the rest of your life? Can I ask how you eat now? Iknow you are struggling I think if you look at almeekers posts and Erinns...and those ladies have lost an impressive amount of weight you will notice that they eat different foods but its low carb and low calories . Erinn eats lean turkey products like pepperonis...and pizza without the crust..that sort of thing. Its all about choices.
Its a bright sunny day today..with a nice wind so Im putting my shoes on and heading out for a walk outside. I need some sunshine in my life today~~~
No I eat that now to but I just mean to only have chicken veggies and that is it for the rest of my life....... not sure that would happen.

For breakfast I love all bran and activia fat free fiber yogurt for example
Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ldybug1752
I'm also really looking forward to losing inches. So far, I feel like I haven't really lost any inches (although I'm not measuring), but my clothes don't really feel any different. My jeans feel exactly like they did 6 weeks ago, so that's pretty frustrating. I've looked into it and it doesn't really make much sense because I get a ton of protein. But I know that as long as I keep losing the weight, the inches and looser clothes will eventually follow. Today, though, was the first time I thought I noticed a slight difference in my face, so that made me feel good.

..aaaaaannndd onward!
You know what I've noticed on some of my pants? That they don't feel looser, but then I realize that I had to wear them higher than I', wearing them now. Perhaps that's what's happening with your pants? You could also be stretching the fabric a bit less. It may not be the same for you, but I was in deep denial about my starting size and would have sworn I was a size 18, when, really, I was much more of a size 20. Now I can still wear some of my 18's. ugh. also- you might be losing the bulk of your inches in other places (like, even though I had a thinish neck to begin with, I lost 1.5 inches from it still!!!). Just keep at it!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NessaSonic
You know what I've noticed on some of my pants? That they don't feel looser, but then I realize that I had to wear them higher than I', wearing them now. Perhaps that's what's happening with your pants? You could also be stretching the fabric a bit less. It may not be the same for you, but I was in deep denial about my starting size and would have sworn I was a size 18, when, really, I was much more of a size 20. Now I can still wear some of my 18's. ugh. also- you might be losing the bulk of your inches in other places (like, even though I had a thinish neck to begin with, I lost 1.5 inches from it still!!!). Just keep at it!
Ha. This is me. My jeans are a 20, but I've had them for a long time, so they've shrunk a little. I wasn't really noticing a difference in them (they were still tight when I first put them on), but I've noticed that I don't have to "stretch" them out as much to make them comfortable to wear. I also think I'm wearing them a bit lower actually, because they're not as high up on my waist. I don't notice much difference in my hips yet, but I am seeing the jeans get a little baggy in the butt, legs, and calves. So
ldybug1752, while it may not look like you're losing inches, you probably are, just not in the waistline yet. I can tell I've lost some inches in my butt, thighs, calves, and boobs. The best way to track that is with a tape measure.

Also, congrats to you ldybug1752 for your 14lb loss.

Originally Posted by christineval
No I eat that now to but I just mean to only have chicken veggies and that is it for the rest of my life....... not sure that would happen.
I think that's one of the hardest things about this. In the long term, once you lose weight, you want to learn how to have little treats & meals without overindulging & putting the weight back on. And everyone is a little different. Some people, over time, get to the point where they prefer healthier food and never touch the treats. Others have to learn that delicate balance of treats vs. living healthy. For some people, sugar & carbs are really addictive. Others just have a straight up food addiction & need counseling along with lifestyle change to figure out why they reach for food instead of dealing with their feeling. It really comes down to what works for you to maintain the weight. As you lose more weight & eat healthier, you should be able to make better choices when it comes to unhealthy food, so I don't think you'll be stuck with chicken & veggies for the rest of your life

Originally Posted by almeeker
When he wasn't outside smoking all he did was sit there and complain to his wife that their daughter was a tub of lard and the slowest swimmer on the face of the planet and encouraging her to swim was the dumbest idea his wife ever had.
Ugh. It's amazing how stupid some parents can be. I know you can never be a perfect parent, but it's parents like this that can screw up a kid's self-esteem. Hello, eating disorder? You know if he's saying it to the wife, he's said that to the kid. You shouldn't coddle your kid just to protect their self-worth, but you shouldn't go out of your way to bash it, either. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of eating disorder patients don't have a similar parent or story from their childhood. Sheesh.

So good morning ladies. I got up to work out and my body said ENOUGH! I haven't really had any rest days since last Friday, and my body is feeling pretty tired. So I think I'm going to take it a little easy today & get back on the treadmill tomorrow. I slept 9 1/2 hours last night, so I can tell I'm pretty wiped.

Can I join the boobylicious team? I was so happy with my B cup until the weight gain, and now I'm probably a D. I've noticed they are a little smaller since I started losing weight, so I'm happy. But I also have the embarrassing issue of the girls not being the same size. No one else really notices it, but I'm terrified one is going to deflate like a balloon and the other is just going to stay the same when I lose the weight. Then I'll need to track down someone with a bicycle pump.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Several years ago I lost 60 pounds on the carb diet. My pants size never changed. I wore size 18 from beginning to end. (in response to the above thread).

Just venting here, but I feel hungry ALL the time. I also feel exhausted ALL the time. I am sick of it. Beginning on June 3rd, I made drastic changes such as increasing my activiy ALOT, quit drinking all pop, Much less sugar intake, much less calories going in, no fast food etc.

Those were all changes for the best but I sometimes feel like I put my body into shock or something. I just thought I would feel so much better by now. It's been over a month.
Old 07-08-2010, 01:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mstaff4564
Ugh. It's amazing how stupid some parents can be. I know you can never be a perfect parent, but it's parents like this that can screw up a kid's self-esteem. Hello, eating disorder? You know if he's saying it to the wife, he's said that to the kid. You shouldn't coddle your kid just to protect their self-worth, but you shouldn't go out of your way to bash it, either. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of eating disorder patients don't have a similar parent or story from their childhood. Sheesh.

So good morning ladies. I got up to work out and my body said ENOUGH! I haven't really had any rest days since last Friday, and my body is feeling pretty tired. So I think I'm going to take it a little easy today & get back on the treadmill tomorrow. I slept 9 1/2 hours last night, so I can tell I'm pretty wiped.

Can I join the boobylicious team? I was so happy with my B cup until the weight gain, and now I'm probably a D. I've noticed they are a little smaller since I started losing weight, so I'm happy. But I also have the embarrassing issue of the girls not being the same size. No one else really notices it, but I'm terrified one is going to deflate like a balloon and the other is just going to stay the same when I lose the weight. Then I'll need to track down someone with a bicycle pump.
ROFLAF!!! Bicycle pump!! HA!! Actually most women vary a little side to side, mine do, even more so now after nursing 3 babies. I just steer clear of horizontal stripes and things that have details or lines that have to be centered down or across the front. I also quite like the Bali Minimizer bras, Penny's carries them and they do a halfway decent job of minimizing and um, equalizing.

I love it, Team Boobylicious, that's us! Shake what your mama gave you girlfriend.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default It's been awhile--

To be honest I've stopped keeping track of what I'm eating as strictly and I'm sure I've been eating more. Haven't been on fit day much either.
Still haven't talked myself into exercising like I should. Lot's of stress at work now and with my parents(in their 80's) (mom just got out of the hospital).

Been going up and down a couple of lbs for a while although I'm still slowly dropping.

Finally been going thru my closet and getting rid of the really big clothes. I've gotten down to clothes I wore years ago but my daughter tells me I look like I'm in the 80's. but I hate to buy more clothes which I hope will be to big before too long, so i've been wearing some of the older knit pants etc.

It's so nice to get the encouragement on this forum, just need to commit more time to it.

start weight 302
current 257
birthday goal 240 Oct 20

ultimate goal ??under 200 somewhere.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Just venting here, but I feel hungry ALL the time. I also feel exhausted ALL the time. I am sick of it. Beginning on June 3rd, I made drastic changes such as increasing my activiy ALOT, quit drinking all pop, Much less sugar intake, much less calories going in, no fast food etc.
Pixie, you're not the only person who feels this way. I've been doing my regime for a little under 2 weeks and I'm very tired and sore all the time. Been giving it my all at the gym and swimming.
As for being hungry, I've found in order to combat this I've been drinking alot of water. Still constantly got the munchies though, and simply having to combat that with sheer will power.

I hope it starts getting easier for you soon, and you will start feeling better eventually!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Pixie5477
Several years ago I lost 60 pounds on the carb diet. My pants size never changed. I wore size 18 from beginning to end. (in response to the above thread).

Those were all changes for the best but I sometimes feel like I put my body into shock or something. I just thought I would feel so much better by now. It's been over a month.
I think I'd lost 40 pounds before I needed new pants. I thought my pants should get bigger too, but mostly it seemed like they just got longer and longer.

On the energy thing, (and you're going to think I'm a nutcase after I say this), but I do my workout in the morning, usually an hour on the elliptical or a 60 minute workout DVD. Which I follow with coffee (laced with chocolate protein powder) and a high protein, low fat breakfast. I start my day totally FULL of energy, I know it's just a runner's high, but it's quite legal and has pruned the cellulite right off my fanny and hips, so I just go with it. I also have noticed that if I don't get my water in on any given day that the next day I feel more sluggish and achy. I might also recommend that you look at your pie and if proteins are making up less than 25-30% of your calories, you might want to increase them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.