Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Well Amen to that! Welcome aboard fellow elves. Sometimes when I post on the forum, not this thread but others I get flamed by people saying "120? WTF? That's got eating disorder written all over it". Well not if you're 5'-2" when fluff your hair up and lift your heels off the floor, geez I won't even buy flip flops if they don't have a bit of extra lift in them. The sad part is that it's not my stomach that's petite, it's my skeleton, I can eat as much as those tall girls - it's not fair I tell you. I've joked for years that I have the curves and appetite of a much taller woman. Actually both my regular doc and my knee doc told me my ideal weight is 115, but seriously where do you put your cup size into that formula? Mine are pretty much the same size no matter what I weigh, so I gave myself an extra 5lbs for boobyliciousness, and choose to ignore the "slight skeletal frame" reduction I should probably consider.

Ahahah! Sorry, this part really cracked me up. I'm having "boobylicious" issues as well. I've lost 41 lbs now, and, if anything- it seems my breasts are growing. Or, maybe it's more that I am losing girth around my breasts and I have to wear bras that say they're the same cup size when they're clearly not. ugh. I wish I could go down a size of two. I really don't want them this big when I get to my goal weight of 135. It would look like I got them surgically enhanced for sure!
Old 07-06-2010, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

I'm so glad I'm not the only lady on this site looking to dramatically downsize. And you all look to be doing so well!

I won't even get started on boobs. I'm just hoping mine shrink with weightloss.

Keep up the good work ladies. :]
Old 07-07-2010, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Well Amen to that! Welcome aboard fellow elves. Sometimes when I post on the forum, not this thread but others I get flamed by people saying "120? WTF? That's got eating disorder written all over it". Well not if you're 5'-2" when fluff your hair up and lift your heels off the floor, geez I won't even buy flip flops if they don't have a bit of extra lift in them. The sad part is that it's not my stomach that's petite, it's my skeleton, I can eat as much as those tall girls - it's not fair I tell you. I've joked for years that I have the curves and appetite of a much taller woman. Actually both my regular doc and my knee doc told me my ideal weight is 115, but seriously where do you put your cup size into that formula? Mine are pretty much the same size no matter what I weigh, so I gave myself an extra 5lbs for boobyliciousness, and choose to ignore the "slight skeletal frame" reduction I should probably consider.

skinny, sounds like you got some insanity going on around you. An investigation eh? Oh yes, that's sounds like ever so much fun... My life is nutty too, but maybe not quite so crazy as yours this week. Today I have my 3 kids, plus 3 extra all day and then another 2 kiddos just for the afternoon. The funny part is that I have the 2 extra in the afternoon because their dad has a doctor's appointment, but guess what I have one this morning and will be taking 6 kids with me. Oh and tonight we have a swim meet. Now won't that be fun in this insane heat? It's like 6:15am here and I've already been sweating for an hour, and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.
Almeeker - YOU WIN... ultimately, I can decide not to pick up my phone, I can quit my job, I can stop answering email... but YOU can't make kids go away, no matter how much you pay 'em.
I hear you about the sweating. I got up at 5:30 to work out and had sweat pouring off me before I even go outta bed... ugh, icky icky gross.
Got 1/2 my AM workout done, just gotta bust out arms and Yoga, which I will do soon.
About people criticizing your goal weight - don't trip potato chip! People have no idea of healthy anymore, especially in the US. When I tell people I am going for 150, they actually tell me "That's overkill." Um, ex-squeeze me!? 150 is at the very top of my healthy range! Grr. If I was 140 already and said I wanted to get down to 125, everyone would have my back... somehow coming from up where we were down to healthy is ground for an eating disorder... um, NO! I had an eating disorder BEFORE I started losing weight!

People ask me a lot when I am going to "return to normal." Meaning not to freakish about my food and exercise... and my answer is that this IS normal, and what I was before was very, very abnormal. I enjoy going to parties with my friends and NOT being the biggest in the room. It's nice. I also have every intention (when I'm at goal) of adopting your plan of "on program" during the week and leaving weekends open for fun... within reason. I love that plan and it has given me hope at the end of the tunnel.
Well, I am off to do my arms (ouch)... again... Where's Jaynie!? Did I miss something???
Old 07-07-2010, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
About people criticizing your goal weight - don't trip potato chip! People have no idea of healthy anymore, especially in the US. When I tell people I am going for 150, they actually tell me "That's overkill." Um, ex-squeeze me!? 150 is at the very top of my healthy range! Grr. If I was 140 already and said I wanted to get down to 125, everyone would have my back... somehow coming from up where we were down to healthy is ground for an eating disorder... um, NO! I had an eating disorder BEFORE I started losing weight!
I've told a few people my goal of 150, and they think that's too small for me as well! That's actually considered an "overweight" BMI for my height (5'5", not quite an elf, but not an Amazon either). I had thought about changing it to 145, but at this point, if I get to 150 and I am energetic & have muscles & look good, I don't think any doctor in his right mind would classify me as "overweight". I might change my mind when I get to 150, but right now I'm really satisfied with that goal.

I think the negative reaction to us losing weight can have a lot to do with other people's insecurities. If your friends and family are overweight, they might be taking their own insecurities about their weight and pushing them onto you. I don't think people purposely want to be cruel and demotivate you so you won't lose the weight. But having someone in your life making a change and reaping the benefits makes your own denials all the more transparent and rationalizations ridiculous, and it's harder to tell yourself that you're not overweight and that you're too busy to exercise.

I know my husband was very nervous at first that I was going to cut too many calories or develop an eating disorder. I think a lot of that had to do with his weight & lack of motivation to exercise. He didn't want me getting healthy & leaving him behind.

So he tried to discourage me a bit, but gave up once he saw I was committed to it and I knew what i was doing. But I've stuck with it, and now he's wanting to join in & exercise too. He's being a little more careful with his food. I still don't like what he eats, but at least he's eating less of it.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:50 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Mstaff, I know where you were with the hubby who tried to discourage you. When I was at my heaviest, 239, and I would lose a few lbs and be so proud of it, he would always bring home my favorite chocolates, and favorite foods, knowing I was defeated and had zero will power, thus I would end up gaining it all back. BUT NOW I have a hubby that is "cautious yet supportive". He wants me to do what will make me feel good about myself, which of course is to lose some weight. However, he does not like for me to get discouraged, because it is virtually impossible to lose weight being extremely hypo-thyroid. But he is now seeing the scale move in a downward slope, and is very happy for me.

Almeeker, you are so funny, I hate to admit it, but I am a member of your boobalicious club. I hate them, and want to have them taken down a few sizes after I get to my goal if I haven't lost them. (hope I do!!!) But that is a long time away so we shall see what happens when the time comes.

Did anyone see my note about the water? I would love to keep up with my water and vitamins, etc here but I can't seem to find that spot anywhere. Any help? Also, how do you count things like tblsp of mayo, etc? I typed in mayonaise and nothing came up???
Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

PS, Erinn, that is why I don't tell ANYONE what I am doing IRL. I had to talk to someone about all this, thus my FitDay account. But IRL? No way. I do not want any discouragement. My hubby and my mom are the only ones that even know I am working at losing weight. Anyone else, it is none of their business, even if they have the best of intentions. Hate to be like that, but as you see yourself, and Mstaff too, people can really bring you down with just a few words. Don't let them. I agree with the above, it is probably just their insecurities talking... OR if they are already thin? They probably don't want you looking better than them!!! lol GO GIRL!
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't had too many people say negative things about my goal weight to my face, just on this forum on a different thread. A few of my friends were shocked at first when I said 120, but after I explained that it's smack dab in the middle of the healthy range for my height, they backed down a little. Plus now that I've lost 80+ pounds and I only have another 40 or so to go, it seems more feasible. I used to tell people that I was maybe twice what I should be, although I didn't put a number on it in the beginning. A couple of people have asked me if I've ever weighed that before and I did in my early 20's. So it was a long time ago and well before DH and I met. DH has never said anything about my diet really, his family is loaded with eating disorders, so he knows all too well that it's an extremely touchy subject. He's also 65 pounds lighter than he was the day we got married, so he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Although I will say that so far he seems to approve, and I think he's also relieved that I'm doing this in a safe and healthy fashion. And once I started running, he added it to his workout too, so maybe there will be a 5K in our future, who knows. So in his own quiet way, he's supportive. Well that is until you turn out the lights and then his appreciation is a little more, um evident...

If Beyonce is bootylicious, then I must be boobylicious. Maybe we should be "boobylicious in Augbust" next month? Beyonce actually wrote that song after she'd put on about 15-20 pounds and according to her it was all in her fanny. Of course she lost it learning the dance for that video... I used to be plenty bootylicious too, but that elliptical has done wonders back there. I'm almost getting so I'm not very "hippy" either. Which is very very weird for me. I've had love handles for at least 15 years, I thought it was just part of me and the way I'm built, but they're almost gone. What I can't seem to get rid of is the baby belly, before I had kids my stomach was fairly flat, I had just a little poochy bit there, now it's like a whole big sack of stretched out poochy, and looking like it's here to stay. Ugh.

I track my water in a little book that I made on Excel. There is a water thing that is tracked from the foods, but I've never used it to track the stuff I drink.

Well I gotta go, it's time for the swim meet. Now won't that be fun in the 100 degree weather? No A/C, and like 300 people sitting cheek to cheek in the aquatic center bleachers. I always have to sit next to a smelly guy at these things, it's a law or something.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Hello ladies! I posted a few weeks back and then disappeared.. I log my foods and weight every day, but never know what to say on the forum. But here I am, 14 pounds lighter than when I started 6 weeks ago!

You guys are too funny! I'm also an elf, at 5'2, and QUITE boobylicious. I'm really looking forward to losing at least a cup size when I reach my goal. I'm so excited, I almost have less than 100 pounds to lose! Woohoo! My goal weight is 135, and that's at the top of my healthy range.

I've been kind of slacking on the exercise this week, mainly due to the heat and such. Yuck. I'm jumping back on the elliptical tomorrow, though. I always feel so awesome after a workout, so even though I may not feel like doing that hour of exercise, I know I'm always glad I did it when I'm done, so that helps.

I'm also really looking forward to losing inches. So far, I feel like I haven't really lost any inches (although I'm not measuring), but my clothes don't really feel any different. My jeans feel exactly like they did 6 weeks ago, so that's pretty frustrating. I've looked into it and it doesn't really make much sense because I get a ton of protein. But I know that as long as I keep losing the weight, the inches and looser clothes will eventually follow. Today, though, was the first time I thought I noticed a slight difference in my face, so that made me feel good.

..aaaaaannndd onward!
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ldybug1752
Hello ladies! I posted a few weeks back and then disappeared.. I log my foods and weight every day, but never know what to say on the forum. But here I am, 14 pounds lighter than when I started 6 weeks ago!
CONGRATULATIONS on your 14 lbs gone!!! Almost 3 bags of sugar!!! (yes, I measure my weight by 5 lb bags of sugar and when I am feeling low, I go to the store and literally pick up how many bags of sugar I have lost and it makes me feel good to "feel" how much is GONE! lol) Wow, keep up the good work, and yes, the clothes and such will follow. It is never too late to measure... it is a great way to really know how you are doing!

ONWARD!!!
Old 07-07-2010, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

I also have the boobalishious thing going on , and at least for me, when I have lost major weight in the past, the cup stayed the same. My guy loved it! I was less than enthused!! I have discovered that many insurance policies, after someone has lost significant weight and kept it off a while, they will pay for breast reduction.

As for the water thing Myoutwardbeauty, the only thing I remember seeing was someone was talking about a weight watcher scale they bought at Walmart that kept track of your water weight or percentage or something. If that's not it, then not sure what you saw.

I had missed my aquasize class yesterday and so I figured I would make up for it today and did 2 hours. That was a mistake! Although it felt great in the pool, once I got out, it all hit and the exhaustion almost left me unable to walk. Then I got out of the building and the 98 degree heat hit me as well. I worried I might not make it home... but thankfully I did.

My weight is stable but frustrating me that its not dropping again. I cant possibly eat any less, (I am staying well under 1200cal) and I cant exercize more so I guess I just have to be patient and persistant.

I am so impressed with all you ladies and your committment to this and each other!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.