Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, this is the right spot! Welcome aboard! We're not too fussy about how much anyone has to lose, it's just a number. We're always glad to have a new voice here.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:10 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, Myoutwardbeauty! Much luck and well wishes to you.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow

Thanks guys, I am really excited about this new journey. Can't wait to get to know you all~
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the group! Glad Almeeker invited you here.

I have thyroid issues as well. It started with very serious heart problems and the medicine needed to keep that in check killed my thyroid. Thus it seems excrutiatingly slow losing weight.

I had, previously many years ago lost a tremendous amount of weight, by doing almost what you described.. eating very little, exercizing lots.. and then it turned anorexic So I stopped that and gained it all back, plus.. and my next diet I begged and pleaded for Meridia since I knew others on it at the time. My doc did some research and (this was several years ago so I dont know if the medicine is different now).. but my doctor read that basically Meridia helps you lose 30% of your weight. So to me, it isnt a good companion the whole trip, however it might just give you the headstart you need to keep going!

Keep up the good work and thanks for joining the group!
Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hopefully some of you newbies are petite? I'm overrun here with Amazons.

Today was okay, I finished at 1,800 on the high side for me, but not completely off kilter, unlike yesterday.... I've been unwell today and sticking to comfort food, so my carbs are high, but hopefully close enough to my normal healthy diet that my GI track will realign tomorrow.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Petite as in height? I am almost ( on tip toes ) 5'2".

I'm sorry you were ill today Hope you feel better soon.

I did so-so today. I was feeling frustrated and deprived and so got chinese take-out. Normally that isnt a problem for most folks except for us diabetics. My fav is shrimp fried rice and so I had some. But I know I can go get right back on track tomorrow.. so its not something to give up over.

It's good to read on here about other women who also have days things were not ideal, but they bounce back. It gives me hope I can stick this thing through too!

Good job everyone!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Wow Game Gal, we sound a lot alike, well except for the anorexia. I am being positive about the Meridia. Hey, if what your Dr said is right, then 30% of my weight is right at 63.9 lbs, so I am not going to sneeze at that for sure, what great news!!! Thanks for the tip~ Plus I am not having the side effects that everyone else is having and that is awesome, because I was very worried. Glad you are keeping on going, it is a tough battle but it is worth the fight in the end, right?

Almeeker, If I sneeze I am 5'3. lol But normally at the dr's office I measure between 5'2 and 5'2.5. So no I am a shorty too.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Arrow

PS, I would love to start tracking my water on here. I saw it once, somewhere on this site, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have looked for the past hour and must be skipping over it with tired eyes.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hey all...

This weekend was INSANE. Lots of fun, as it is my last weekend of being in my 20's. Tomorrow I am 30!!!
So, workouts have been a little weak. I have to get back in touch with my inner demon. Food is going good (not counting the weekend drinking), vitamins and water are going well.
Right now I am only averaging about 4 hours a week, I used to do about 14... god I am slipping. Back on the bull tomorrow with a 5AM workout.
I will try my hardest to connect with you all some more, I love hearing about your successes and pitfalls, it's just... this has been an insane time for me.
Not only is my bday tomorrow, but so are 10 other bday's in my family!! Plus my bff's wedding... 2 catering events for my church...OH and let's not forget the worker's comp and INS investigation happening at work. GREAT TIMES. So, I think a great workout is exactly what I need. Talk to you all soon.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
Petite as in height? I am almost ( on tip toes ) 5'2".
Originally Posted by myoutwardbeauty710
If I sneeze I am 5'3. lol But normally at the dr's office I measure between 5'2 and 5'2.5. So no I am a shorty too.
Well Amen to that! Welcome aboard fellow elves. Sometimes when I post on the forum, not this thread but others I get flamed by people saying "120? WTF? That's got eating disorder written all over it". Well not if you're 5'-2" when fluff your hair up and lift your heels off the floor, geez I won't even buy flip flops if they don't have a bit of extra lift in them. The sad part is that it's not my stomach that's petite, it's my skeleton, I can eat as much as those tall girls - it's not fair I tell you. I've joked for years that I have the curves and appetite of a much taller woman. Actually both my regular doc and my knee doc told me my ideal weight is 115, but seriously where do you put your cup size into that formula? Mine are pretty much the same size no matter what I weigh, so I gave myself an extra 5lbs for boobyliciousness, and choose to ignore the "slight skeletal frame" reduction I should probably consider.

skinny, sounds like you got some insanity going on around you. An investigation eh? Oh yes, that's sounds like ever so much fun... My life is nutty too, but maybe not quite so crazy as yours this week. Today I have my 3 kids, plus 3 extra all day and then another 2 kiddos just for the afternoon. The funny part is that I have the 2 extra in the afternoon because their dad has a doctor's appointment, but guess what I have one this morning and will be taking 6 kids with me. Oh and tonight we have a swim meet. Now won't that be fun in this insane heat? It's like 6:15am here and I've already been sweating for an hour, and I haven't even gotten dressed yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.