Notices

No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Old 07-01-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default No more jiggling July .. 100 plus ladies

Time for a new thead ladies....cant belive its July already!
Old 07-01-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

Me either, it's just a few short days until my 30th birthday, and I've already gotten my first present: A FIVE POUND LOSS FOR THIS WEEK! That's right, I am now officially in the 240's, and officially have less than 100 pounds to lose. I am very very happy right now.
How are you guys doing? I've got a nutty week, doing things for the 4th, church functions, etc. but I will try to pop in and cheer you all on.
Old 07-01-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Morning ladies...
Its a holiday here in Canada ...happy birthday Canada!! I start my holidays today...and heading to visit my dds in 3 weeks..cant wait (but don’t want it to go too fast because then summer is nearing the end)
Yes the 50,000,000 pound challenge is free..and I love the menu is all planned out for you and you can switch it around. As for the calories being too high...I will have to go back and check but Im positive I read its based on a 1300 calories. If you notice the portions are the recommended sizes..such as protein like sirloin stead being 3 or 4 ounces...etc. The Dr also says you should never be hungry on a diet...I love that. Ive always had the opposite in my head. His healthy snacks are such a good variety. Some of them I cannot trust to have in my house yet...cannot see myself buying a bag of chips and only eating a handful! But, someday I hope to be there. The last 3 days Ive lost over 5 pounds...not down to where I was..and thats hard to admit but I will get back to Virgin Fat Territory!!!
Almeeker...I feel your pain! What if you ate some protein along with your berries..such as yogurt or cheese to keep you fuller longer? Once that sugar monster raises its ugly head its soooooooo hard to get rid of! Youve come to far to give you!! Kick him in the ass!
Erinn 34 freakin inches!!!! Omg.................... you rock!!!!! 5 pounds this week and you have less then 100 to lose!! What a fantastic birthday present!!
Mstaff sounds likeyou had a good drs appt!!! Nice going on the 10 pounds!!
Egms...sounds like you made a plan to get thru the stress...and even though you didn’t lose you didn’t gain!!! Thats a winning situation to me!
Princess you say you are confused? Could you explain why you are confused? Theres is lots of help here.
Jay 3.6 this week...awesome!!!
Christine...you mentioned not eating chicken/protein/fruit/veggies the rest of your life? Can I ask how you eat now? Iknow you are struggling I think if you look at almeekers posts and Erinns...and those ladies have lost an impressive amount of weight you will notice that they eat different foods but its low carb and low calories . Erinn eats lean turkey products like pepperonis...and pizza without the crust..that sort of thing. Its all about choices.
Its a bright sunny day today..with a nice wind so Im putting my shoes on and heading out for a walk outside. I need some sunshine in my life today~~~
Old 07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Ladies!! Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadians!!! Guess what I am working on? Implementing the new HST tax onto our computer system!! Oh joy! I hope to get out for some exercise today at some point. I looked at the 5 million pound diet. It looks good.. I'm just not sure if I have time to buy exactly those foods and prepare them. I'm trying to cut down my calories in general and hoping that will work, but if not, I'll have to do something more drastic. Anyway, it looks like a great plan for anyone that sticks with it! Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Skinny congrats on accomplishing such a big loss of inches!!! You look beautiful in the photos on your blog--although I also think you looked beautiful from the beginning.

Congrats to Mstaff and Jaynie for your weight loss. It sure ain't easy!! Egms, sometimes staying the same during a stressful time period is just as good a loss in my book as in my past life during stressful times I certainly would have made worse food choices and I would have ended up gaining.

Almeeker, berries are addicting for me too. Or fruit in general because I love sweets. Just remember that a small gain like that is great for kicking us back onto plan. I had a gain this week too and I'm hoping that it will help bring me back to reducing my sugar and carb intake. Although in my head I think "these are natural sugars and healthy antioxidants they can't be that bad for me." Everything in moderation I guess is the key point to work on for both of us. Will this ever be easy??
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for all the support ladies, yesterday was just out of control, but today has been much better. I got up this morning and grabbed hold of the reins and have behaved myself from the first bite. So far so good, I'm sitting here at about 1,100 calories and have a 250-350 calorie dinner planned. I've even gotten 2/3 of my water in already. Yesterday morning I skipped my protein shake; it's 140 calories and I was trying to make up for the 400 calorie ice cream binge. But I think skipping it did not help me one bit, because instead of having that protein to metabolize all morning, I had a huge bowl of sugary ice cream carbs which tapered off around 10:00am and gave me the worst case of munchies I've had since February. I finally ended up eating 1/2 a very large sweet potato at dinner time and that calmed the whole episode down a bit. At that point I didn't need any more carbs, but it filled me up and quieted the gnawing hunger pangs. I finished the day at like 2,300 calories which is huge for me. The diet horse bucked me off but good, however I've brushed myself off and climbed right back in the saddle today.

I don't think dieting is like riding in a wagon, where all you gotta do is sit your butt down and hang on - that's easy. Dieting is much more like riding a tempermental, green broke, female Mustang with PMS, who bucks for the sheer enjoyment of pissing you off. Or maybe dieting is like riding a raft down class 5 rapids? Welcome to the River Rat, keep in mind at all times you can be violently ejected from the watercraft, when this happens turn belly up, point your feet downstream, keep your head above water and pray.

Anybody else have an analogy they'd care to share?

I'm so proud of you guys who lost weight this past week, that is soooo amazing and wonderful. Feeling jealous and inspired, hopefully by this time next week, I'll have lost a little something too. And I'm loving the new title, my water bottle is raised to "no more jiggling". Awesome.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Too true that the wagon is too easy to ride compared to what we are doing. I think my wagon is from the Oregon Trail times and is missing an axle or two. Is that better? Also everyone around me has typhoid. That makes it an unpleasant ride too.

I really like the bucking mustang image personally! Although I'm not sure what "green broke" means? I feel like that means she hasn't been trained yet. I come from suburbia and I'd like to work on my rural vocabulary.
Old 07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

In case you all get more ice cream cravings... I dont usually like ice cream at all but I came across Breyers Carb Smart Fudgesicles. They are 100 calories, and like 6 ( i think, might be 3) carbs. They are huge and soooo very good! They also come in reg ice cream bars and some other kind but like I said, I am not an ice cream person, so havent tried those. The other one I did try, but they are pricy for what you get.. was the weight watchers choc raspberry bars. Just a suggestion.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
Too true that the wagon is too easy to ride compared to what we are doing. I think my wagon is from the Oregon Trail times and is missing an axle or two. Is that better? Also everyone around me has typhoid. That makes it an unpleasant ride too.

I really like the bucking mustang image personally! Although I'm not sure what "green broke" means? I feel like that means she hasn't been trained yet. I come from suburbia and I'd like to work on my rural vocabulary.
"Green broke" is a horse that has been ridden, but only just tolerates a human on it's back and doesn't know a single command.

Originally Posted by GameGal
In case you all get more ice cream cravings... I dont usually like ice cream at all but I came across Breyers Carb Smart Fudgesicles. They are 100 calories, and like 6 ( i think, might be 3) carbs. They are huge and soooo very good! They also come in reg ice cream bars and some other kind but like I said, I am not an ice cream person, so havent tried those. The other one I did try, but they are pricy for what you get.. was the weight watchers choc raspberry bars. Just a suggestion.
A woman who doesn't like ice cream? Now I've heard it all. Jeez, I think if I didn't love ice cream so much I might not have gotten fat in the first place. It's one of my worst weaknesses. I have a box of those Breyers Carb Smart bars in the freezer right now, and they work pretty well keeping me out of the good stuff. But once the box is open, they will all be gone. Another good brand is Blue Bunny, they have a bunch of low fat, low cal frozen treats called "Freedom..." something or other. I've also been tossing protein bars into the freezer, for something like a frozen candy bar. And I've even put protein shakes through my ice cream maker, which actually makes a half-way decent ice cream like treat. Lately I've been thinking I could make custard with Greek yogurt, eggs, berries and little something sweet, and toss that into the ice cream maker, but so far I haven't given that a whack yet.

Well I'm gonna be off-line for a couple of days, we have a pile of plans for the holiday, so I'll be out of town and logging my foods in a little paperback journal I keep in my purse. So all of you lovelies have a wonderful, semi OP weekend, go out and have some fun, and burn up some calories in the process. Hug, squeeze and I raise my muscle mocha to a great weekend for all.

Last edited by almeeker; 07-02-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Almeeker, I have never really liked ice cream. Nor do I like cake or pies. I was a chocoholic. And then skittles. My big downfall is pasta, perogies, fried food, and did I say pasta?? At one point in my life I was so addicted to choc. I had to have a pound of M & M's a day. Thankfully, I got over that but then found Lindor truffles and Ghiradelli choc. I have done really well avoiding candy the past few months which is no small feat since I live near Ferara Pan Candies factory and outlet store. :-( You can smell all the different candies they are making in the air all the time. I also live near Turano's bread bakery/factory and the smell of fresh baked bread is killing me.

As I said previously, I am very discouraged that even though I am losing inches, my scale isnt dropping nearly fast enough for me. I have lost 30 lbs in 3 months and I realize thats a good amount, but I think the thing that really is bothering me is, last time ( many years ago) I lost a huge amount of weight, I dropped over 100 lbs in less than 6 months. So this just seems torturous to me. And yes, I do know that to lose that 1st hundred that quickly was not healthy.. I had gone anorexic and then gained it all back. So in the long run, I know this is the healthy way to do it, but I want to see the scale dropping more :-(

You all are doing fantastic!! Have a great / safe and fun holiday weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.