Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 6/22/10 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 6/22/10

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 6/22/10

Old 06-22-2010, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

Ugh, sorry about that Mambogirl! I'm one of those people that constantly needs tangible proof that something's working in order to stay motivated, so that would definitely get me down... but Blackrhino's advice seems pretty good in this situation-- even if you're going through a "slump" right now, it might just take another couple of days, and you'll start seeing results!

...of course, I have no right to give any advice this week-- I'm at exactly the same weight as last week (144 lbs). Of course, with the amount of eating out I did over the last week, I should probably consider myself lucky to have gotten off that easily. Thankfully, this coming week, I have no graduation parties or celebratory dinners planned, so I think I'll be able to stay on track better! (Eventually I'll have the willpower to both frequently eat out AND stay skinny, but that's not happening anytime soon!). Good luck to everyone else this week!!
Old 06-22-2010, 04:10 PM
FitDay Member

hahaha, the signature thing worked this time! Thanks, guys, for showing me how it's done!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:01 PM
FitDay Member

Mambo, please don't give up! I know how frustrating it can be when the scales don't move, especially so, when they are moving into the wrong direction. I was wondering though: could it be that you are pushing too hard? I'm def not an expert and can only draw on my own experiences, but I found that I cannot live on 1300 calories on a workout day. According to fitDay i burn about 2200 cals on a workout day, so I usually up my calorie intake to 1700. I'm not a very aimable person when I'm hungry, but what's more my body seems to cling to every fat cell when it feels deprived of energy. How about if you take it easy for a few days? I mean you don't have to go completely nuts, just allow your body longer phases of rest?! just a thought...

Stay strong!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Mambo girl,

Please don't give up. I know exactly what you are going through. My weight will fluctuate 4 lbs from day to day. Just keep in mind the lowest one you register during that week. So many things effect your weight. I was just fussing about this same thing last week and FINALLY, with great advice and support here, I am seeing the change, but NOT on the scale. The belly seems to be the last place where I lose significantly. There are many things that could be going on:

water retention
that time of the month
My husband says the moon effects your weight measurements, too. :0
muscle, you could have gained muscle in an area you are not measuring, like quads, arms, your upper abs, your lower abs (underneath the chub)
DONT give up. I didn't, yet.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Mambo, I know I keep saying hang in there, but I'll say it again. You've got this. Your body is just playing chicken with you. Make it blink first! Michelle, your change will come, too; this is probably just a taste of more progress to come.

MollySue, I am so jealous! What kind of workouts do you do that you burn 2200 calories in a day? Either that or you are much taller and / or much younger than me . Great job!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much to everyone who responded. I woke up again this morning feeling defeated, and I decided to check the forums. It helped to see all the good suggestions and words of encouragement. I am still feeling out of sorts today, but I will give it another week and see what happens. I have a vacation with family coming up soon and can't afford to just stop what I am doing and gain even more weight.

You are a great group of ladies.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Cassie,

I only ever reach these numbers when I do a combined workout of either swimming and biking or Zumba and biking. I would love to add running to my routine, but am worried about my back (I hope i can find the courage soon to give it a try...). Anyways, I cycle to the swimming pool and to my Zumba classes; that's about 20 minutes one way, so i burn about 200 cals in 40 mins and some more if I do a U-turn through the parks. Adding Zumba (around 700 cals/hour) or swimming (550 cals/hour) plus daytime activities gives me about 2100 to 2300 cals burned.

Oh, and I'm 28 and about 5'5'' tall.
Old 06-23-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fit Day

Hello ladies. I was working on my nutrition plan yesterday and stumbled across this site. I fell in love with all its features immediately. I feel like I'm going to stay on track now. I was just reading your posts and am inspired by your honesty and success. I have 15 pounds to lose and would love to be a part of this group. I so badly want to lose my stubborn stomach and now see that I'm not the only one!

Current weight: 145
Height: 5'6"
Goal weight: 130
Old 06-24-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

i went to WW today--and after not losing, and just gaining for weeeeeeeeeeeks i lost 1.8. i actually have been increasing my calories. I think I'm generally at 2000 or so cals a day for three days a week and then the other days i'm between 1300-1700. i also workout often. i have no idea how much i burn though bc I don't have a heart rate monitor and I'm skeptical of the "activities" page in this site as well as whatever number the elliptical machine might spit out at me.

mollysue--do you have a heart rate monitor? congrats on your weight loss and on your high activity levels!!
Old 11-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 11/9/2010

Tuesday is check-in day; how is everyone doing? Feel free to post whatever you're tracking or just some thoughts...no rules, just connecting. Hope it was a good week for everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.