Notices

Apple or Pear

Old 06-21-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Post Newbee who has questionable long legs.

I am a pear and I have very long legs. The sad thing is everyone looks at my 18 year old daughter and says "you have such long legs, who did you get those from?" I tell them "I have the long legs, their just so fat you can't tell".
Today is my first day
Old 06-21-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
@ almeeker: Oh my goodness! Well,,, Bikini time? ^_~
Unfortunately even if I get to my goal weight, it's not bikini time. Because I'm pretty sure there is a law in this state that says "thou shalt not have huge ugly stretch marks and wear a bikini in public". And if there isn't such a law, there should be... I do love it that you can buy the top and bottom separately now-a-days. Only problem is that it costs twice as much to buy it that way.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

i think i'm an hour glass bc I've got big boobs, and big thighs but a semi-small waist. I almost always have trouble squeezing my thighs into pants. It really gets me down. Then I try to think of them as strength and power and be proud of them. I'm trying to tone them up with lots of squats and lunges. I also have lots of spider veins. haha...oh well.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:04 AM
FitDay Member

I'm an apple (the first one to post?). I carry much of my weight in my abdomen, which is embarrassing when people ask if I'm pregnant (I'm not!).
Old 06-21-2010, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'm a pear and always have been. Practically no boobies (38B currently) I still fit into all my tops...no matter what, I'm always a "large" tank top, shirt, dress etc.... BUT when it comes to bottoms I'm always WAY bigger in my hips and thighs. I'm like a 16/18 pant size which just looks stupidly proportional to my smaller top size. The only thing redeeming about my pear shaped body is that I'm tall (5'9") and don't appear to weigh as much as I really do.

As a pear, I wear a TON of dresses during the summer to hide my big hips and thighs but still make me feel sexy.

These are my favorite "pear" favoring non hip hugging dresses that I love to wear. Hopefully these links will work... I LOVE to shop at VS!!! lol

Victoria's Secret - NEW! The Sequined Beach Dress

Victoria's Secret - Ruffle-front v-neck racerback Bra Top dress

Victoria's Secret - Bamboo-ring Bra Top dress
Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

Avelina, You have company. I'm an apple too. I carry most of my weight in my stomach, and I have nothing up top to help balance it out. Overall I look like a rectangle because there are no curves to break it all up. I think that is why I find weight loss slow and frustrating, because the stomach/waist seems to be the last place to want to give it up.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

OMG Luckygirl, if 38B is no boobies, I have negative boobies . 34A...how sad is that?

The only time I like that is that I can wear tops and bras with very little support when exercising and I don't feel like I've had to squeeze myself into a giant rubber band.

Almeeker, the separates swimsuits are a godsend. Not sure of the tops' size range but newport-news.com has a good selection and they are all really reasonably priced right now.

Pretty cool how different everyone is, and how we all have something we like and something we don't. Also goes to show that there is no such thing as a perfect body
Old 06-21-2010, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

CJ: Once I loose all this weight I will be right there with you in the boobie department....they are definitely the first to go for me!

When I was at my skinniest I was a 34A No boobies for me in the horizon, but I do agree it is convenient not to have to wear a bra with absolutely everything. My favorite bra at the moment is the Nubra which sticks on and you can place them far apart and then clip them together for MAXIMUM cleavage...which I don't have naturally.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:16 AM
FitDay Member

I believe I'm a pear as well. I may have pretty narrow hips, but I always gain in my butt and in my thighs and calves, but never in my boobs. I look chunky in short shorts, but tiny in tshirts. In order to look halfway proportionate, I have to be on the rather skinny side, which means that my boobs shrink further (Cassie, I feel you!!). Imagine my joy when my boyfriend treated me to a beautiful white Hugo Boss blouse today and the shop assistant recomended to get a smaller size (a joy in itself), but was worried that my boobs might pop out!!! Can I just say that I love Hugo Boss?

Last edited by MollySue2; 06-21-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
If you think buying clothes to fit a pear is hard, I challenge you to find me a swimsuit. Keep in mind it has to be a size 10/12 (petite), with a size 36DDD cup (preferably with an underwire), and it can't be orange, yellow or brown. I like those colors just fine, but look horrible in them.
Miraclesuit DD Cup Swimwear - DD Cup Bathing Suits - Cyberswim

Challenge accepted LOL

I'm an hourglass with a pot belly, more apple-ish when I'm heavy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.