Notices

Apple or Pear

Old 06-21-2010, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Because I'm pretty sure there is a law in this state that says "thou shalt not have huge ugly stretch marks and wear a bikini in public". And if there isn't such a law, there should be...
But what about that Ani Difranco lyric of "I've got highways for stretch marks to see where I've grown"? I prefer to view my stretch marks and scars as "mile markers" to remind me where I've been, who I have been, and where I want to go. I applaud women who flaunt their skin, with or without stretch marks.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

that's a good question, I guess i'm a lumpy pear with a few bruises. currently I'm 200 lbs, 5'4 and busty!. My weight goal is 170. Fortunately, my weight sits well on me. I look like I'm 170, so thirty lbs will look like 140. I just joined this site. I hope it helps. I'm a rollarcoaster-up and down!!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

i agree!! but if my stretch marks decided to hit the road, i wouldn't miss them.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Almeeker, the separates swimsuits are a godsend. Not sure of the tops' size range but newport-news.com has a good selection and they are all really reasonably priced right now.

Pretty cool how different everyone is, and how we all have something we like and something we don't. Also goes to show that there is no such thing as a perfect body
Thanks for the website, I'll be checking it out. There is such a thing as a perfect body. I fitted her once for a competition gown, after which she was crowned Miss Michigan. Unfortunately, she didn't see her figure as perfect because she had always been told to diet diet diet. Now that is much sadder than a 34A cup. Seriously.

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
Miraclesuit DD Cup Swimwear - DD Cup Bathing Suits - Cyberswim

Challenge accepted LOL

I'm an hourglass with a pot belly, more apple-ish when I'm heavy.
Yes, I'm an hourglass with a pot belly, that's exactly it. And I'm loving the idea of a miraclesuit, that's sounds like the perfect thing for me!

Originally Posted by mhibdon
But what about that Ani Difranco lyric of "I've got highways for stretch marks to see where I've grown"? I prefer to view my stretch marks and scars as "mile markers" to remind me where I've been, who I have been, and where I want to go. I applaud women who flaunt their skin, with or without stretch marks.
I'm not ashamed of my stretchmarks, they are badges of honor (of a sort), but seriously if I'm going to make a spectacle of myself at the beach I would rather do it with boobies, than with the road map that is my belly...
Old 06-24-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Unfortunately even if I get to my goal weight, it's not bikini time. Because I'm pretty sure there is a law in this state that says "thou shalt not have huge ugly stretch marks and wear a bikini in public". And if there isn't such a law, there should be... I do love it that you can buy the top and bottom separately now-a-days. Only problem is that it costs twice as much to buy it that way.
I am with you on that. I have had 2 kids and my body is a mess because of it. After I lose weight I will be healthier and feel better about myself but there is NO WAY I am getting into a bathing suit that shows off my midsection. I do wish there was a way to undo all the visual damage I have on my body but I've tried a lot of things and I'm pretty sure the stretch marks are here to stay. After I lose the weight I hope I look awesome IN my clothes.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
I'm going to have to download that one, I've never heard of it. My husband says he likes my stretch marks, I don't really believe him. He says that he knows they are from the kids and he knows he is responsible for it, so he likes them. I DO NOT like them. They are everywhere. I guess my skin is not too stretchy. The are the worst on my hips. i have a few on my belly from when I was preggers. I also have them on my breasts which really sucks. When I had my kids I went from a barely B to a DD. When I quit breastfeeding they deflated down to a D. I am sure that now I am losing weight they will deflate more. I am a little scared about what losing weight will leave me with in terms of body image.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Most of my stretch marks are on my breasts, similar issue. With my first, I went from barely a B cup to spilling out of a DD and lactating at 5 months pregnant! The girls have never been the same. They look decent enough in a good fitting bra though. It's the texture of the skin that bothers me the most. I figure it's not too hard to find a supportive bikini top, easier than in a one piece usually. It's the bottoms that worry me. This pudge-gut of mine sits right above where low rise bottoms sit (evil evil creations IMO) so it looks like my belly flops over, making the pudge look 10 times worse. I think I could pull one off at goal weight though, IF I can find bottoms that sit high enough. Mostly I just want to see if I can still wear one. When I had the body, I lacked the confidence. Now that I have the confidence, I lack the body. Isn't that the way life goes?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:46 AM
FitDay Member

I am an apple shape for sure! I loose the weight in my bottom half and I already have skinny long legs and a really small butt. I have stretch marks on my stomach only and tend to loose just a little weight in my boobs. 38C. stayed the same even when I was pregnant. (3 kids, the last one was a C sec)

Any other apples out there having a REALLY hard time loosing weight in the middle? I don't get it...it doesn't seem to move no matter how much excercise I am getting. and it is worse as I get older. sooo frustrating! Saturdays I walk 7 miles and during the week, m-f it is 3 miles everyday. I do love walking and walk the three miles in 45 min. so it is at a good clip, but it does nothing for my midsection. .

I have been faithful to my excercise regime for 4 months now and have only lost 10lbs. In my 30's I would have hit goal by now. grrrrr. (I am 48 and pre menopausal for sure!)

my starting weight is 190 I am 180 right now and my goal is 150. I have to change my signature from years ago, when I joined. BTW it is good to be back (somewhat...LOL)

Last edited by Beachplum; 06-27-2010 at 12:49 AM. Reason: mistake in posted weight
Old 06-27-2010, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

I guess I'm an hourglass with pear tendencies. As a senior in high school when I first thought I was fat at 140 lbs, my measurements were 36-28-38. Now I'm 44-39-47.5 - fitting problems are button blouses (minimizer bra helps) and pants that are big enough in the hips without being too big in the waist.

hmmm . . . I guess that's not the first time I thought I was fat. I was mortified to have it announced to the eighth grade PE class when I hit 100 lbs. Looking back on it I think it was meant to be a congratulations to a growing girl for hitting a milestone but that's not what it felt like at the time.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Luckygirl!
Sweet. Love the dresses. I think I'm going to buy one. Thanks for the links.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.