Notices

Fell off the wagon...again

Old 06-18-2010, 04:21 AM
FitDay Member

avelina, Congratulations on doing the C25K! That's great! Glad to see that you are taking advice about enjoying your time with family and not beating yourself up over the food. I struggle with that too and with so many graduation parties, weddings, etc during the summer it's too easy to do. We all need to help each other get through the summer and stick to attaining our goals.
My situation is not the same as yours, but I can relate to being an emotional eater. I try to tell myself that medicating with food won't help and usually makes me feel worse in the end.
Don't give up all hope for getting pregnant.I have a very good friend who went through all sorts of testing and was told she couldn't get pregnant. They decided to try in vitro and she had a baby, then not long after she got pregnant on her own! Also, there are lots of little babies out there that need a loving mom and dad, so maybe that might be an option? You will be in my thoughts as you go through your emotions in this situation. Hang in there.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
FitDay Member

Avelina, I too will keep you in my thoughts as you are going through this trying experience and I have to agree with mambogirl there are other options. If you really want to be a mom you can be. I decided when I was a teenager that adoption was the way I would pursue motherhood. My cousin adopted 2 children from Romania back then and I was so touched by the experience, I knew it would be right for me.

Whatever you decide, I think it is great that you are facing your feelings and making such progress fitness-wise!

Be well,
mtlgirl