Notices

The Honeymoon's Over

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Red face The Honeymoon's Over

Good morning everyone...I've been away for awhile due to the "funk" I've been in lately but I figure maybe this is the place to be instead of wallowing in my own self pity. So here I am.

This is what's got me so down: I began this journey on Mar 28, at 217 pounds and for the first month, the weight just melted off. I was in heaven, it was wonderful, so excited. I actually thought that would continue throughout. Well, I plateaued for a couple of weeks, then when the scale started moving again, it was less than exciting. I came into the forums, desperately reading posts and taking ALL the advice I coud find. (it's very difficult to be high protien and low protien on the same day). So, I had to regroup, take a little time to go back to basics and start seeing where I really was and what I've really accomplished. When I did look at my "change stats" report, it says I lost an average of 1.4 pounds per week, That's very acceptable.

The point I'm trying to make is if your honeymoon ends and your scale stops moving, don't get discouraged. Look at the big picture, celebrate your accomplishments, and accept support when you need it.

Stay healthy... Stay strong...Together we can do this.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

You may be in a "funk," but you just inspired me with that post, so hopefully that makes you feel a little bit better! Thank you!!! What you said is so true.

Congrats on your 1.4 lbs per week...that doesn't sound like the end of a honeymoon, that sounds like a reason to celebrate!!! Use that motivation and the support here to lift yourself out of your funk, and keep up the good work!

Let us know if we can do anything to help. =)
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Fletch,
Until this week, I was still looking for the "miracle" and realized the miracle of weight loss is in hard work and determination. I do feel better, thank you.

I would hate to see anyone beating themselves up and worse, giving up after the honeymoon stage ends. It's just the natural progression, weight loss slows down to a healthier rate. We just keep going and the pounds will come off.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

dizzy_44 - welcome back.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:29 AM
FitDay Member

I know how you feel dizzy. It took 20ish pounds before I could really tell the weight was coming off, then the next ten were great. Around the 35 pound mark I hit a wall and stayed there for 6-8 months (the tough part was not gaining back during that time!). But I just did some reading and gathered up some new workouts to try and the weight started coming off again. Just don't give up!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I think we should all remember it took us a long time to gain the weight and that we need to give ourselves and our body the same amount of time to lose it.

Congrats on the weight loss and you're doing wonderfully imo.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you EMS...Happy to be here and to see you again.

Thank you wannabefitgirl...yeah...the tough part is to not gain back, but I managed to hover and got back in here early enough that I didn't do any damage. I think what's holding me back the most is that my activity level (as much as I WANT to do more) is limited due to a medical condition, but I do what I can.

j.zhao...it did take a long time to put it on. (But taking it off is sooo slooow.)

So now that I've accepted that as long as I have patience and determination, it will work.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 06-16-2010 at 04:43 AM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the post. I needed a few encouraging words. I am waiting for the honeymoon!! I've been back for 3 weeks and lost a whopping total of 4 pounds. I have been exercising adn counting calories. I was thinking about a little self pity with some chocolate cake but decided to check the forums instead. Glad I did. I guess -1.4 pounds a week is better then +1.4.

Thanks for encouraging post and congratulations on your success!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:19 AM
FitDay Member

awesome weight loss!!! I think that is something everyone goes thru on a long journey...you did the right thing by re-evaluating your plan and looking at it in a positive note! Keep up the great work dizzy!!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Great mindset, dizzy. Thanks for posting your thoughts. You are doing great!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.