5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/8/2010

Old 06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 6/8/2010

Greetings, one and all; it's check in time
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies,

As of last week, I didn't go overboard, but wasn't super strict either. I kept on counting calories, watched my portion size and worked out every day since getting back on track last Thursday. So... I have lost 1.4 lbs since last week and am down at 125.6 lbs. Yeah!!

Now i just have to make sure to keep on going!!!

Have a great week everyone!!

Last edited by MollySue2; 06-07-2010 at 07:46 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go, MollySue!!! Yup...it really does work when we work it.

I was really surprised this morning when I weighed in at 117#. That's 2 pounds in one week. I had to hop back on twice to make sure my scale wasn't broken.

I guess the biggest difference was that last week I followed Body for Life "to set a good example" for my daughter. That just means I ate every 2.5-3 hours as outlined in the book and exercised with pyramid training and HIIT cardio. I'm also keeping in mind that fitday day brought me to 119, so obvious fitday works as well. Measurements basically the same. I'll get my bodyfat % done this week to have a baseline upon which to compare my progress since scales really aren't the most reliable form to measure fatloss.

Looking forward to reading how everyone is doing. It feels good that I have a place to celebrate where people know how challenging eating wisely can be! (read: some of my reports have not been as positive as this one)
Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Mollysue and Beth, Good work this week!

I decided to skip weighing in this week and just stop in to say that I had a horrible week of going back to past eating habits and am trying to turn things around. I know I have gained weight back with the way a pair of jeans are fitting today, so I am mad at myself again. I had a workout injury last week as well, which kept me out of the gym all week, so that hasn't helped either.I am vacillating between having the motivation to change, and feelings of helplessness over the situation. Sorry for dumping. Hope you all had more success this week.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mambo, I have been where you are and I know the "helpless" feeling quite well. Good for you for being honest with yourself and us and also for allowing yourself the break from weighing this week. You did just come off a big accomplishment with completing the 10K! I've never attempted one but it's very natural to have a let-down period after accomplishing a big goal. Sometimes I just need a little time to "chill" before I start thinking about what my next goal will be. In the meantime, take care of that injury and be good to yourself.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Molly and Beth!! I'm so happy for you both. Beth, I need to do some research on Body for Life as I don't know what it is.

Mambo, Today and yesterday were the first days since Friday before Memorial Day weekend that I have felt proud of my eating habits. I hear you on how discouraging it can be sometimes. Remember, let's not be too hard on ourselves, this is a lifestyle change, it's okay if we have slip-ups as that is how it will be in real-life, always! The alternative of not keeping ourselves on track only leads to me feeling even more out of control and upset--so that's no way to go either. Just try and find a happy medium and take it slow. No races here!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator

Congrats, Beth and MollySue...that's the kind of surprise you LIKE to get! Beth, what's pyramid training?

Mambo, Julia, hang in there. I think sometimes you just have to roll with it and stay at maintaining for a while, which is more forgiving than losing, by a long shot. Kind of like a mini-vacation for your body, and it's probably better for your metabolism in the long run. Your attitudes are great though, and you are both smart and motivated and will get back on track to stay very soon.

I'm up half a pound this week but my scale says body fat 16%...umm, no; it's been 19%. So I can only conclude that it's the infamous water weight (more water = less percentage of fat, plus that time of the month) and that things will eventually get back to normal. Feels good not to freak out about that.

So this week I threw down the gauntlet for hubs to start making some changes. He needs to and he keeps talking about it, but his work schedule and other issues (sleep problems and bad habits...he wakes up and eats in the middle of the night) make it hard. So I came up with two small goals and asked him to do the same. Each goal we meet per day is worth 10 minutes of massage from the other person...head, shoulders, feet, back, whatever. I picked getting 5 servings of fruits and veggies and 72 oz. of water per day. Both are things I try to do but don't always manage, so hopefully this will motivate me, as well as get him started. Sounds like a great way to unwind; hopefully we will stick it out and can even branch out into other goals as the weeks go by.

Good to hear from all of you as usual! Hope you have a great week!
Old 06-08-2010, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Cassie! That's definite progress on keeping your cool about what the scale is saying! Pyramid training is when you do multiple sets of an exercise, but with each successive set, you increase the weight and decrease the repetitions and then the final set you increase the REPS, and decrease the weight. I'm sure if you google it, you'll find many examples. It's high volume training and intended to build lean muscle mass and muscular endurance.

Good luck on those veggies & fruits---hope you score lots of massages!
Old 06-11-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

yeah, checkin' in. NO CHANGE!!! ARGGG. Still exercisin', sore as HE!!, keeping my calories below 1500, just maintaining. GRRRRRR. I'm finding it VERY difficult to eat an average of less than 1300 EVERY DAY. I just get too tired and then it is hard to exercise effectively.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

hell Michelle, sorry you're so frustrated! I feel ya. I hope you keep up with your good habits...and I hope next week you see a loss!! not gaining is also a plus

so i never made it to WW yesterday because I had to do field work for a friend's research project. i am going soon though. I just can't miss a week even if the scale doesn't show the number I want it to. I'm heading to PA for the weekend so I won't be posting, but I'll be thinking of everyone on the forum and trying to make good lifestyle decisions!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.