Notices

Protein Shakes

Old 07-16-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

I think trying a protein supplement or any dietary supplement is fine if you monitor your use. If you are not getting the results you want, stop using it.
It doesn't sound like your workout regimen is geared toward bulking up, so I would feel fine trying a protein supplement without the fear of building bulky muscles. Just keep monitoring your shoulders (measure them if you like) and make adjustments to your diet/workout regimen.
I have just recently began to eat a PowerBar w/protein before my workouts. I think it may make a slight improvement in my energy and help me to maintain some of the muscle I have during my dieting.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Default Protein Shakes

Hey Ladies. I just bought my first protein powder last night. This morning I just mixed it with milk and ice. It was actually pretty good. I think I am hooked! Almeeker had given me some ideas on another thread. I was hoping you ladies could give tell me your favorites. I am looking to possibly make it my breakfast in the mornings.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I was at a friends last weekend and she made me one and it was pretty good...

She took skim milk, a little low fat yogurt ( maybe 1/2 cup?) frozen strawberries and the protein powder. She basically said it was a smoothie with protien. She also said she usually adds a raw egg but she knew I wouldnt drink it LOL! and she was right!
Old 11-20-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have an Oster blender. It's a beaut and makes a racket like a turbo charged swamp buggy, but it's worked faithfully for years. On the 100 pound thread a poster mentioned that she got a little smoothie maker that makes the smoothie in a cup that you just grab and go with. So I went looking for it thinking that my Oster beast and the giant glass container was a little much to deal with some days. When I got to the store I found a smoothie maker that actually fits on my Oster!!! I was very pumped about it because it comes with an extra blade that actually will fit into my regular blender, and it was a bit less than the other one. Very cool that!!!

I will put pretty much anything (except raw egg) into my smoothies. Most of the time I use almond milk, frozen fruit, protein powder and a little blender magic.

Last edited by almeeker; 11-20-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I have an Oster blender. It's a beaut and makes a racket like a turbo charged swamp buggy, but it's worked faithfully for years. On the 100 pound thread a poster mentioned that she got a little smoothie maker that makes the smoothie in a cup that you just grab and go with. So I went looking for it thinking that my Oster beast and the giant glass container was a little much to deal with some days. When I got to the store I found a smoothie maker that actually fits on my Oster!!! I was very pumped about it because it comes with an extra blade that actually will fit into my regular blender, and it was a bit less than the other one. Very cool that!!!

I will put pretty much anything (except raw egg) into my smoothies. Most of the time I use almond milk, frozen fruit, protein powder and a little blender magic.
The ONLY one I saw at Wally World the other week was the one for the oysterizer blender. If there was another , either my store doesnt carry it or perhaps they were one in the same?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Almeeker, where did you find that? I may want it on my Christmas list, I haven't had a smoothie in a very very long time since it's such a pain to clean the blender, but since it's winter and fresh berries are out of season, I've been thinking about buying some frozen ones.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Question Protein Shakes

Hello!
I am a 20 year old female college student with PCOS & pre-diabetes who has finally decided to bite the bullet again and buy protein powder shake mix to boost my protein intake. However, it has been a couple years since I have purchased a tub and I want to make sure that I am buying the best one for my weight loss and strength training goals. <- What I mean by this is that I am looking for a powder that is more nutritionally dense than caloricly dense.

So then, does anyone know of any brands or products that are reputable and have:
-Low Carbs
-Low Sugar
-High Protein
-Thick Consistency
?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

I've tried many brands and now I have Optimum Nutrition, it's expensive and it sucks. I would recommend MGN (muscle gauge nutrition) for price, flavor and the consistancy is hands down the best of what I've tried. I like the cake batter and ice cream sandwich. I mix mine with cottage cheese, water & ice in a blender and it comes out like a thick milk shake.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Default Protein Smoothies

I;m really enjoying the SPAMVi-Shape Shake Mix [/URL]by Visalus.

This is what is in it.

The shake mix provides complete nutrition—fast.

»» Helps control appetite.
»» Provides bone-healthy calcium.
»» Provides heart healthy, low fat protein.
»» Helps promote & maintain lean muscle mass.
»» Supports protein digestion and nutrient absorption.
»» Helps support healthy energy levels.
»» Provides fiber benefits for health protection

WHAT CAN YOU ADD TO YOUR PROTEIN-RICH SHAKE MIX?
How about:
Mango, Bananas. Strawberries, Kiwi, peaches, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, avocado, pineapple, and add either OJ, Yogurt, low-fat milk, soy milk, almond milk ~ the list is endless!

Diabetic-Friendly
Gluten-Free
Kosher-Friendly
Heart-healthy non-GMO soy protein
(no isoflavones)
The Shake Mix that tastes like a Cake Mix!

I am taking 2 a day for weight loss.

You can take 1 for maintenance and lean muscle mass and a good dose of nutrition.

Hulk Hogan recommends these shakes....and alot of celebs are using them too.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-16-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mscaramelle
I;m really enjoying the SPAMVi-Shape Shake Mix [/url]by Visalus.

This is what is in it.

The shake mix provides complete nutrition—fast.

»» Helps control appetite.
»» Provides bone-healthy calcium.
»» Provides heart healthy, low fat protein.
»» Helps promote & maintain lean muscle mass.
»» Supports protein digestion and nutrient absorption.
»» Helps support healthy energy levels.
»» Provides fiber benefits for health protection

WHAT CAN YOU ADD TO YOUR PROTEIN-RICH SHAKE MIX?
How about:
Mango, Bananas. Strawberries, Kiwi, peaches, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, Peanut Butter, Cinnamon, avocado, pineapple, and add either OJ, Yogurt, low-fat milk, soy milk, almond milk ~ the list is endless!

Diabetic-Friendly
Gluten-Free
Kosher-Friendly
Heart-healthy non-GMO soy protein
(no isoflavones)
The Shake Mix that tastes like a Cake Mix!

I am taking 2 a day for weight loss.

You can take 1 for maintenance and lean muscle mass and a good dose of nutrition.

Hulk Hogan recommends these shakes....and alot of celebs are using them too.
I have a dumb question... if the "shake mix provides complete nutrition" and taste like "Cake Mix" why would you want to anything to it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.