Notices

Just joined

Old 06-07-2010, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just joined

In January of this year, I started Thrive and fell in love with the program. I lost about 30 lbs in 7 weeks and dropped from a size 26 to a 20/22! I didn't find a diet that worked but a way of life. It changed my whole perception about food. Everything was great! I was complimented daily on my progress, so you know what that did to my self esteem. I felt better than I have in years.
Unfortunately, after some serious job/money issues that my husband and I had to solve, I had to quit going and I lost that support system that had become so important to me. I don't really know why, because there isn't a good answer for it, but I just quit. Completely gave up. Since then, I've gained 15 lbs back and I'm just disgusted with myself. I got things back together and I've restarted with my mom and husbands help and I'm not going to let myself down this time. I've been there and done that and don't want to go back. My will power is stronger than ever now. In the Thrive class, you have to come up with your "why". Why do I even want to lose weight... get healthy? What is my motivation. This experience has only added more fuel to my "why". I'm so glad I found this forum. I can use all the support I can get!
This time next year, I will be my goal weight.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:25 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good luck on your journey!