Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies >

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Community
Notices

Jump in and join us June 100 plus ladies

Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies,

The kids are out playing so I have a minute to catch up, log my foods and drop a note here.

fitkmb, welcome to the 100 pound club!!! We always like to hear a new voice. My SIL is also hoping to get gastric bypass surgery, so I suggested she go on the diet now to see if it's something she can live with for the rest of all time. I don't know that much about it, but I've heard it's quite specific and you can't go off of it (without nasty consequences) once you've had the procedure. Anyway on the flip side I'm 41 and started off 124 pounds overweight. I've lost 87.6 pounds as of this morning. I started dieting last October, lost 16 pounds, but quit between Thanksgiving and Christmas and gained back 10 of it. However the day after Christmas I began to take my diet very seriously and have dropped almost 82 pounds since. So I fully believe you can get this under control and on the downward spiral in 9 months. If I can do it, anyone can. This is a great place for support, so don't be afraid to jump on and let us know how we can help.

Susan8less, I had similar trouble getting started and what helped me was protein. Not the full out Atkins style protein diet, but just upping my protein intake throughout the day, especially at breakfast. I front load my day with protein, for breakfast I might have a tuna melt made with a can of tuna, an ounce of cheese on a 90 calorie slimwich bun and wash it down with a protein shake. I find this keeps me full longer, and I don't get that severe carb drop off which can lead to uncontrollable hunger and eating. But then again I'm a textbook carbaholic, where you may not be. Personally I can't do 1,200 calories. I tried to stay that low in the beginning, but I was mean, grouchy and sort of light headed all the time, so now I just workout a little harder so I can eat more. I'm currently averaging about 1,500-1,600 calories/day, but I'm over that probably once a week. Oops!

patti, I hear you on the nice weather, I would be out in the garden now except we got poured on last night and it's super muddy out there now. I'm thinking about picking up a copy of "Eat This, Not That", just to give me more ammo for eating away from home. I carry a copy of the Alli calorie guide in my purse, but it's only got fast food places in it.

speedy, I think a date would be a good thing. Not necessarily a new relationship, just a date, a fun night out with a new man, nothing serious. I don't know for sure, but it seems like the ex has the upper hand here and knows it, and uses it against you. So if you were to put yourself out there in the dating game, that might show him that he's not in control and not only are you prepared to move on but ready, willing and able. Which would also let him know that if he really wants you back, he needs to behave himself and work at it, because you aren't his Mrs. Doormat anymore!

egmdobbs, I'm actually not trying to be sneaky with the weight. When I have a loss I post it there, and if I go up a little I don't change it unless it's more than 2 pounds, then I change it and confess. You could say I've been using it as a motivational tool. I was down 2.2 pounds this morning, but Aunt Flo has been here, (and she had the nerve to bring Uncle Cricket with her, ugh!!!) but I gave her the business and told to pack up all her stuff and GET OUT!!! And take that nasty Uncle with her.... The good news is that I found Monistat on sale and had a $4 coupon to slap on top of it, so getting rid of Uncle Cricket only cost me $3, which is cheaper than the off brand, thank heaven. I'm so sorry to hear about your concrete swan dive. Are we related? That is sooo something that would happen to me. I once borrowed my dad's truck, so after work I could help a friend move to a new apartment. Anyway it's a huge old farm truck with no muffler and it's painted "neon hunter orange" (you really can't miss it), so as the police pull me over to issue a fix-it ticket, my boss rolls by in his brand new pristine black caddy and waves.... At least he was in the parking garage by the time they searched the trash filled king cab... Thank heaven none of dad's guns were hanging out behind the seat, or I might have been cuffed and stuffed right there in front of all my fellow employees and clients.....

skinny, I HATE those stupid cyber monkeys. Lately I've been putting a short post up, then editing. Somehow that works better, but I'm not sure why... Glad to hear your doing well.

Last edited by almeeker; 06-22-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by GameGal
(I havent figured out how to put my info in the bottom part like you all have but I need to lose 120 lbs and in 3 months have lost 29.)[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Welcome to the thread, in order to add that stuff at the bottom click on "User CP" and "edit signature". I'm trying to lose 124 pounds, so I'm right there with you.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Testing

Hi guys,

Just testing my signature line.

Yay, it works! Thanks almeeker. I've been wondering how to do that.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default welcome, welcome

susan, kim, kaitlin, and gamegal - welcome you have found the greatest group of support that has made a huge difference in my journey. not only for encouragement and support, but will listen and not judge you. i have friends, but no one understands the struggle unless you have gone thru it yourself and this is certainly an emotional journey as well as a physical one.

starting is not easy, but we take one day at a time, and one craving at a time. sometimes you win and sometimes the craving wins, but each success is one step closer to those goals and the next one does get easier. i found that staying completely away from refined sugar, sweets, and candy works best for me. I also took the advice from here about the protein and it helped me thru a plateau and stabilizes my hunger. my cheats are the yogurts that taste like desserts. love them.

egmdobbs- so sorry to hear about your fall, I think we all have those stories lol the worst for me is the skin on the hands or elbows- ouch

thanks for the support and I have been doing some soul searching. he does have the upper hand because I have let him. trying to be stronger and each day does get easier, but then not at the place yet that i can let go of the past- me head wants to, but I have to be honest and my heart is not quite there yet. although i am going to try your advice and maybe try to find a date, maybe someone new will make me realize that i deserve better. i am also going to get back to my exercise, i feel better and it does my self esteem a world of good.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Hello! I'm new here and I have around 130-140 lbs to lose. I joined the gym a little over a week ago and I've only missed 1 day so far, and I'm feeling really good! I've sort of hit the ground running (well, I can't really run, lol!) and my plan is to work out 6 days a week with Fridays off. I have an appointment tonight with a personal trainer to take my measurements and show me some exercises. I requested someone who is good with putting together non-machine workouts, so I'm hoping to learn some new moves.

As far as eating goes, my goal is to increase my calorie intake by about 500 to 700 calories and to spread out my eating more. My years and years of dieting have destroyed my metabolism, and my goal right now is to heal it and eat closer to my BMR (basal metabolic rate). Believe it or not, I have been gaining weight a little at a time for years eating around 1200 to 1500 calories per day, but eating it all at night. My usual schedule for years has been to forget to eat allll day, and then pig out at night, but I figured since I was only taking in so few calories for the day overall, that it wouldn't matter. Well, my weight gain has shown how much it does matter. At my weight, my body is supposed to be burning around 3500 calories a day just sitting down and not doing anything, but that's not happening and my body is in perpetual hoard mode. I find that if I increase my calorie intake to around 2000 or 2100 and space my eating out by making sure that I eat a mini-meal every 2 hours, the weight starts to fall off, but then I get busy and fall into my old habits again.

Soooo, my goals for now are:

Work out 5 or 6 days a week (Fridays off).
Try to get in at least 2000 calories a day eating healthy unprocessed foods.
Eat every 2 hours, starting first thing in the morning.
Sleep more!

I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts so far.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

arg, ny whole post disappeared. Well welcome to the two new folks and my son and I are doing well on our challenge. He has lost over ten pounds and that is good. He is inot my bio chile and didn't learn proper eatng habits from me. For those of you that are new, I am a skinny person in a fat body as I am retired military. It is because of my disablity that I have put on so much weight.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
And she says this after I confessed to drinking beer on Saturday night? It's a good thing I didn't rattle off all the diet sins I committed on Sunday at the fam dad's day bbq. Oh well I've been called worse than a hardcore freak.

I hate it when that happens. So, how did the pride parade go?
It was UH-MAZING... still haven't blogged about it yet, I'm lame-sauce. And you are hardcore - hardcore realistic, hardcore committed and hardcore supportive! Hehehe... see? I can play nice! Oh, and I drank so much beer on Saturday that you might as well stamped Anhesuer-Busch on my a**!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Beginnings

WELCOME NEW PEOPLE! It's been forever since we've had so many new peeps. I LOVE it! This group really has changed my life. Let's see... time to impart some wisdom... I already said the thing about starting small last night, so I think today it's going to be: getting a digital scale and logging all your food!
This was the biggest step to truly being knowledgeable about what I was eating and it's re-shaped my perceptions of portions. YIKES. What I do is I take the foods I eat a lot of and I sit down with the wrappers and I turn them into custom foods on my food log. Then, as I eat them I just put in how many ounces/portions I consumed and my food log is pretty danged accurate. This will be a powerful tool towards your weight loss. I honestly used to think I stayed below 2000 calories, until one day I was playing with my food log and put in an "old day." I was well over 3700 calories! ...live and learn I guess!
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
speedy, I think a date would be a good thing. Not necessarily a new relationship, just a date, a fun night out with a new man, nothing serious. I don't know for sure, but it seems like the ex has the upper hand here and knows it, and uses it against you. So if you were to put yourself out there in the dating game, that might show him that he's not in control and not only are you prepared to move on but ready, willing and able. Which would also let him know that if he really wants you back, he needs to behave himself and work at it, because you aren't his Mrs. Doormat anymore!
Now Almeeker - you know it's rare I EVER disagree... but I think it does need to be SERIOUS! I think she SERIOUSLY needs to be adored... pampered... and to get some SERIOUS lovin'! (If that's your thing). Time to be treated like a Princess and let the toad stay in the swamp.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to add to what Erinn said and further delineate a portion. I too was thinking I was eating much less because I thought a portion of meat was three or four ounces. The government defines a portion of protein as one ounce and if you go, should I say it yet again--yes, to mypramid.com you will see what real portions are. I thought I was eating about 2400 calories a day and just figured my metabolism was slow because of age. I was right up there with Erinn. I don't have a real problem with eating the right food. My problem is getting it down to the right amount. I am trying 1200 this week and seeing how that goes. Get a small kitchen scale. I had my mother's and darn if I can't find it now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.