FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Good news/bad news (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1235-good-news-bad-news.html)

Jaxzgirl 06-04-2010 08:46 AM

Good news/bad news

Well, the good news is that I have lost 6 more pounds since I have started trying to eat right and exercise. I weigh 150 now. :)

The bad news is that I got bit by the dog up the road bright and early this morning. :( . I just wanted to walk before it got too hot. Spent a few hours at urgent care waiting on a tetanus shot and a prescription for a strong antibiotic. Had to fill out a dog bite form. Hopefully when they contact the owner they'll be able to prove that the dog had it's rabies shot. I sooooooooo do NOT want to have to get a series of rabies shots.

But...I shall think about the positive. I lost 6 pounds!!!! Yippee!!!!!!

blackrhino2 06-05-2010 02:30 AM

Great job losing the weight! Sorry to hear about the dog bite. Feel better soon :) Keep up the momentum you've made for yourself on Fitday :)

Lizzycritter 06-05-2010 04:18 AM

In a lot of places, that dog's owner is also liable for your medical bills, and sometimes you can insist on having the dog tested if it hasn't had a rabies vaccine. The dog would have to be put to sleep, but as someone who's had rabies shots, they are NOT fun....and I didn't have to have the post-exposure series, which is longer. Glad I had them done though, I've seen some scary things in the course of my job, and rabies is one thing I don't want to have to worry about. I hate people who don't control their animals :mad:.

<endsoapboxrant>:p

blackrhino2 06-05-2010 05:28 AM

I had to get rabies shots and I don't remember them being that bad--so don't worry too much if you have to get them, but obvi it's better to not need them! Most importantly, take care of yourself!

Lizzy, I agree, people that don't take care or know how to control their animals should be held responsible for dog bites--altho I don't know what this situation was.

Jaxzgirl 06-05-2010 07:37 AM

Thanks guys

I am still tickled about the weight loss. :)

As for the dog bite. It's feeling ok. I'm keeping it clean and covered...and popping my antibiotics like the doctor said to do. It hurts to walk, so I figure I'm gonna take the weekend off.

Today I am still shocked that he bit me...especially when his owner was outside. I don't know her, but I don't blame her. She was trying desperately to make him stop. He just seemed to have a mind of his own. Guess he didn't like the color pink...or maybe he liked it too much.

I just don't know. I do know that I didn't do anything to provoke him. I wasn't in their yard. I didn't say anything to him. I just kept on walking up the road...even after he ran up behind me and bit the back of my leg...with the owner screaming at him to stop. I didn't even look at my leg until I got out of his sight. I was actually afraid to stop walking.

I just hope he has had his rabies shot.

We live out in the country and 99% of the dogs are not chained up. I honestly think that he is one that needs to be chained up though. Our neighbors at times take their grandkids for walks on our road. I shudder to think about what could happen. I think that I should probably warn them to be very careful.

Now, I'm gonna have to put my brain cells to use and think of another place that I can walk at....safe from dogs and cars.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!