Notices

Yesterdays defeat... Todays victory

Old 06-02-2015, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Post Yesterdays defeat... Todays victory

Yesterday was a shocker on my calorie intake.. I thought for sure i had been eating fairly healthy.Boy was I wrong lol. I went to bed kinda hungry but determined to not snack since i went way over. I didn't die of starvation in the night. today ill be more careful. I think measuring things is how i do it?? Im not sure.
I need to find a good workout to do. I have tried a few thats out there but due to health issues I find I just cant do them like i need to. I either end up having breathing issues and just cant go on or the body/bones hurt for days and I end up not doing them . grrr any suggestions on a good low workout to start with?
Thank you to the 2 who responded to me yesterday.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:21 AM
Super Moderator

Maybe you've tried Leslie Sansone's walking DVDs or tapes? You walk in place with her and her group to a beat (music). While walking in place in your own home, you can walk a certain distance with her. You pick the distance and quit whenever you want. If you do that on a regular basis, over time you can build up endurance and burn off some calories in the process.

If you don't want to use a DVD, you can stream her stuff to amazon instant video.
Old 06-03-2015, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ill try that . i was looking into the 30 day challenges. i just dont know lol. I know this whole body needs to be in shape. i tried jillian michaels and that about killed me . i do good till my body hurts or my breathing gets bad. If it was just muscle pain i could work through it but i have arthritis (all over) & brucitis in my hips. all lovely things i get to deal with because of the intence chemo i had. it aged my insides like 30 years
Old 06-03-2015, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Swimmng, maybe, for the relief from joint pain? Some Y's and fitness clubs have heated pools, if that helps.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by katz6863
Yesterday was a shocker on my calorie intake.. I thought for sure i had been eating fairly healthy.Boy was I wrong lol. I went to bed kinda hungry but determined to not snack since i went way over. I didn't die of starvation in the night. today ill be more careful. I think measuring things is how i do it?? Im not sure.
I need to find a good workout to do. I have tried a few thats out there but due to health issues I find I just cant do them like i need to. I either end up having breathing issues and just cant go on or the body/bones hurt for days and I end up not doing them . grrr any suggestions on a good low workout to start with?
Thank you to the 2 who responded to me yesterday.
yes . cheer up and continue to do it .you will get it ....
Old 06-04-2015, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default Good Morning

Hello all
I did rather well yesterday on the food and even did some execises. Nothing to great lol just mowing my small yard. but its a start to getting healthy. Im trying to keep a positive outlook on this..Yes i can do it..
Im enjoying this site and the support you get i believe it will help me do this. I noticed people put weights and all up here so i thought id share mine. Is my goal date a good one? I didnt want to try and lose weight to fast but also dont want to drag it out.

46 yr old
weight 184 (6-1-15)
height 5'4
goal 140 (1-1-16)

have a great day all

Last edited by katz6863; 06-04-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

im rather limited on being able to get out of the house. we have one car and hubby works 45 min away (one way) sooo im trying to just do here at home. But i had thought about swimming. especially now its getting HOT here in SE texas lol. I was able to get a couple of the walk videos downloaded im going to try one today.. thanks for the suggestion
Old 05-07-2016, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

A good late night snack is celery with hummus or low fat cottage cheese. No need to deprive yourself. Waking up really hungry will cause you to overeat, and eat the wrong things. A lot of people trying to lose weight don't realize they shouldn't eat fruit, a lot of sugar, natural sugar, but still sugar. I like egg white omelet in the morning chock full of grilled veggies, asparagus and broccoli especially, and just a pinch of shredded cheese for flavor. No bread, not even wheat. Youre allowed so many carbs on a 1900 calorie diet, figure out where and when you want to use them morning and midday is good, nightime not so much. Harder to burn off.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

I would start by walking, or if you are able to join a gym take structured classes. They are very motivational and you can usually do just what you are able to. I did this recently and it has been very useful ans motivational. Seems to me as if you just need to build muscle. Do you have asthma, cardiac issues or COPD? If not shortness of breath may just be related to exertion. You can do this