Go Back   FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Send a message via AIM to dbrinkley80

Hey guys, I'm on the 100 lb club board too, and one of the girls on there mentioned a workout she found on demand, since I had said on it as well that I'm using it to find a workout video that I feel I'll stick with. I may have found it. I don't know about other cable providers, but I have Comcast, and there is a Jillian Micheals one called Boost Your Metobolism. Its hard, but it was really good! For me, personally, this seems to have a long term potential to it. Just thought I'd pass it along, in case any of you are looking for any aerobics ideas!

Is everyone having a good day so far? I feel a lot better from when I posted this morning since I worked out. I don't know why I drag my feet on it, I know how much I actually enjoy physical activity and how much its helps my moods. I hope you ladies are doing well, and I'm thinking about you and cheering you on!
dbrinkley80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
FitDay Member

2 pounds a week seems very reasonable. That is usually the recommended amount.
wicki511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
FitDay Member

this is my first time on site so i can relate
im 250 and going to try and do a small goal of 10lbs by end of feb
i have been fighting this battle most of my life
looking for support
Suseeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Default go girl go!

I am new too-and I am determined!
lmargaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
FitDay Member

hello my name is stephanie. im 29 y/o and have been fighting my weight all my life. i was always the chubbie little girl running around. as i got older is was hard watching girls in bikinis and tight fitting clothes .because i knew i was different. after my pregency i was at my highest weight but ignored it. in 2008 i stepped on a scale and weighed 340. finally decided to do something about it. i now weigh 240, and have 63 more pounds to go to my goal weight at 177. im 5'11 so i dont wont to go no lower than 170. i believe there should be some curve to a woman.

i have noticed that im an emotional/bored eater. it has been hard to break that habit and still have to work hard on not giving in to it. i signed up on this site so i couldnt cheat and as i have seen the facts can smack you in the face. just reading the posts gives me encouragement that im not alone and that there is something i can do about it. thank you and i wish you all the best in your journey
syd1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #16 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!!

Just got home from a concert (Blue Rodeo), and there is nothing like stadium seating to remind one of their size!! Had a great time! Resisted popcorn, pop, beer and other munchies. So that was a victory in the food department!

Great to see more newbies! Thanks so much for posting everyone, and for the support. I am committing to a permanent lifestyle change. I am sick and tired of how I feel. I am an emotional eater too, it is a viscious cycle. Trying to examine why I overeat; and being aware of what I am feeling when I reach for food, particularly junk food. I know sometimes it is thirst, boredom, depression (which seems to set in when I don't get enough real exercise). Doing alot of soul searching these days.

Something else I though of today is that it seems like alot of our socializing with friends (and even with just me and my husband) is centred around food. I like eating, like trying new restaurants, new foods, I like talking about food! Sigh. But going to cut waayy back on eating out. Going to try to plan more activities with friends; not always lunches/suppers. Preparing my own nutritious food is something I need to focus on.

Please keep posting, and I will too.
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
FitDay Member

I just wanted to say good morning to all you lovely ladies and wish you luck and strength today! Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell250 View Post
Hi everyone!!

Just got home from a concert (Blue Rodeo), and there is nothing like stadium seating to remind one of their size!! Had a great time! Resisted popcorn, pop, beer and other munchies. So that was a victory in the food department!
Hey everyone! I'm Kristina-- I'm 24 with 2 kids (1 &3) and I'm weighing in at 281, which is down 9 from my starting weight of 290, my highest ever. I've been doing the Jillian Michaels Boost Your Metabolism on demand and watching my calorie intake.

I just want to say congratulations to Shell. Resisting beer or soda at a concert! I am so not ready for that. My husband & I were avid concert-goers, but he's on his own until I can get strong enough to exercise enough to justify a beer or to not have one at all. I'm not normally a drinker... I won't drink around my children, so that leaves me to be sober Supermommy all the time. I just know that when I go out to places like that (baseball/hockey/football games and concerts) I just want a hot dog and a beer. :-(
krstnabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
FitDay Member

And Diane! I'm glad to finally know your first name! Good luck and lots of willpower to everyone!
krstnabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
FitDay Member

Apparently I'm really bad at introducing myself properly-this is why I need to start proofreading my posts more carefully!! I think I've put my name in, but I guess I'm just saying it in my head-oops! I just got done with Jillian, and I need to shower, then haul four ream boxes and two garbage bags full of crap I just cleaned out of my closet this afternoon downstairs and to the goodwill. I'm not saying the workout got easier, per say, but I did notice that it didn't take me quite as long to recover today, and my arms had a little more stamina. I'm really glad I didn't let me talk myself out of doing it. I was going to use the box hauling as an excuse to not work out, like I did with laundry on Monday. Ok, enough procrastinating-I'm off to finish my to do list!