Notices

Hey, I'm Jenna

Old 05-24-2010, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hey, I'm Jenna

Hii.
I've been overweight, pretty much my whole life. When I was 13, I got down to a size 6. Which was amazing for my body type. But then I started getting heavier, and (it'd be nice to know if this happens to other people) I didn't notice. I mean, I knew my clothes weren't fitting, but I still felt the same size. In my head, I was still thin. So I didn't realize how much weight I'd put on until I looked at older pictures of myself and I just started crying.

I've heard of people that lose weight but still think they're fat because they're used to seeing someone thats overweight in the mirror, but for me, it was like, reverse. I had no idea how big I was until I did some comparing. It was heartbreaking.

I really, really, want to get serious about losing weight because I start college next year and I don't want to go to college being overweight! But it's so hard to do it without support, and I have no one to talk to about it because all of my friends are thin, and no one in my family really wants to diet.

Help, anyone?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I've had that same problem, it's called "Deep denial". At my heaviest I was still very active and in decent shape, but at the same time morbidly obese only I would never have acknowledged it. Starting a diet is the hardest part, actually the first 4-6 weeks are the hardest. It slowly gets easier after that. So I would say commit to it for the next 3-4 weeks, don't let yourself cheat and pretty soon it will come easier. One other thing you might want to watch is your calorie pie chart here on fitday. I found that my calories were like 75-80% carbs, but when I knock that down to 40% carbs, I can keep my calories higher and still lose weight.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 AM
FitDay Member

the same thing happens to me. i was at 145 then 105 now 1 1/2 yrs later im at 155. i've done everything. i was even a veggitarian with a 1,000 cal intake and i swam 4 hrs everyday. all i did was gain 2 pant sizes.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I've had that same problem, it's called "Deep denial". At my heaviest I was still very active and in decent shape, but at the same time morbidly obese only I would never have acknowledged it. Starting a diet is the hardest part, actually the first 4-6 weeks are the hardest. It slowly gets easier after that. So I would say commit to it for the next 3-4 weeks, don't let yourself cheat and pretty soon it will come easier. One other thing you might want to watch is your calorie pie chart here on fitday. I found that my calories were like 75-80% carbs, but when I knock that down to 40% carbs, I can keep my calories higher and still lose weight.
Thanks! That's what I'm trying to do, and also trying to cut out all those times I eat when I'm bored. That's where most of my weight comes from, that, "Oh, if I eat this, it's not going to hurt me, I'll exercise later" kind of attitude. =( But it does hurt and I never exercise later. Ha.

the same thing happens to me. i was at 145 then 105 now 1 1/2 yrs later im at 155. i've done everything. i was even a veggitarian with a 1,000 cal intake and i swam 4 hrs everyday. all i did was gain 2 pant sizes.
I've heard being a vegetarian doesn't actually help you lose weight? And maybe what you were eating was high in carbs but not so high in calories? =( I'm sorry, that has to be rough, but just keep thinking, you did it once so you can definitely do it again =)