FitDay Member

Unhappy help

hello
my name ree,
my problem weight gain - i know where the problem is my diet
i have very little self control when it comes to food
i could workout all day
tell me to run around the surface of the moon i would do it
but tell me to not eat fast food fried food or late at night and we have a problem
why oh why
the weight keeps coming and coming and coming
every week i step on the scale the numbers are getting higher
this needs to stop
Old 05-24-2010, 01:05 AM
FitDay Member

I'm going to make a suggestion to you. For 3 days track your calories, don't diet, don't change anything, just eat what you want to. At the end of 3-4 days study your diet, and right in front of you will be all the information you need to begin to make those changes. When you see how many calories, fat and carbs are in that bacon double cheeseburger meal with fries and a chocolate shake, you will know that you can't eat that day in and day out.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 AM
FitDay Member

alright i will give it a try
hate having to write everything down
but at this point i am willing to try anything
Old 05-25-2010, 05:33 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by reehenry
It will probably seem cumbersome in the beginning but seeing it all in front of you can sometimes be a great motivator. Plus you can see what gradual changes you can make rather than completly changing your eating habits. The food logging does become more of a habbit with time; especially if you start to see a loss.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by reehenry
I don't write anything down. That is what Fitday is for. I just log everything I eat. As almeeker said, go back and look at the calories and the break down of Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. You will be enlightened. You can also go to Bodybuilding.com go to the Forums/ Post Your Pictures and look at Transformations from Fat to Fit. There are 183 pages of motivation. Also check out the Transformation of the week categories and their archives. You will surely find someone that you can relate to. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

I've found that having an endless supply of sugar free gum also helps, as well as taking a shower instead of going out to eat that "Fourth Meal." Also, a tip from when I was in my more manic days: Do sit-ups when you're craving something that in unjustifiably unhealthy.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

i like the idea of the gum and doing exercise when i feel hungry - it is those late night craving that are getting me
any ideas on what to do about those?
Old 06-12-2010, 04:29 AM
FitDay Member

Arm yourself with healthy snacks while you're changing your habits. Chopped raw vegetables, hot tea, fruits that take a long time to peel and eat. I will peel a pink grapefruit like an orange and then peel out each individual segment. Because it takes so long I really feel like I've eaten something substantial. 100 calorie popcorn packets can work for some people, but I find I'll go back for 2 or 3 bags when I'm craving salt.

Another key is to identify what it is you really want. Are you just bored? Find a hobby that you need to use your hands for and is incompatible with eating. Scrapbooking or knitting for example. If you want salt, have some pickles. If you want sweets, go for fruit. If you want crunchy, have some veggies. If you're truly hungry, find a lean protein snack, low fat cheese maybe. If you KNOW you're gonna snack at night, plan for it. Cut calories somewhere else during the day and plan something healthy for later.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Pomegranates, too...take forever!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default fatburners

i have read a lot of things about fat-burners and two keep coming up over and over lipovox and lipozene
has anyone tried these or any other fat burners that work ?

Last edited by reehenry; 06-23-2010 at 01:28 AM. Reason: miss spelling