Notices

What is your experience weight training as a woman?

Old 08-21-2014, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default What is your experience weight training as a woman?

I am new to weight training and have unexpectedly come to really like it. I think it's really great for women to want to be stronger, but I think the entry point into this field is pretty challenging for women.

So what I am doing is collecting research to better understand the goals, struggles and misconceptions women deal with in this particular fitness realm. I was hoping to add some more voices to my own research so I can do something to help make that introduction to the weights world less intimidating and better informed.

That being said, I would really appreciate it if you could fill out this survey:

bit.ly/1pZl3zi

Also feel free to pm me with any additional feedback. Thank you!!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:43 PM
FitDay Member

I find weight lifting is the only way to get fit for me. Its efficient and I love feeling strong after a good session ! Its an empowering way for women to get fit with fast gains and plenty of applicable situations for your new found mental and physical strength.
There's only one place I go to take my mind off the day - and that's the weight room .

Lift heavy and feel strong - and watch your soft spots turn lean and strong . The best bit is because you are burning so much energy you get to eat a lot and without a lot of restrictions !

Eat clean and lift heavy - its the only way to go
Old 09-06-2014, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, new bite here.

I just started three months ago.

Like it. I feel great after a workout.
But I have problem feeling the strain at the right places. My calf seems to feel all the weight. I nearly drive my PT insane .

Muscles are developing asymmetrically.... Mostly on the less dominant side of my body, like calf and butt. Idk what to do.

I hate my food. I am a vegetarian and commute a lot. I have to make time to eat and eat. Eating clean is yucky. Hope I can last.....