Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Starting on the water diet/ water fast tips? >

Starting on the water diet/ water fast tips?

Community
Notices

Old 08-21-2014, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default Starting on the water diet/ water fast tips?

I know you will say its unhealthy and stuff .im 16 female 160cm and 80kg. i want to lose weight to get a head start. Any tips on the water diet/fasting please post. im going to do it for about 4-5days if i can take it haha! Post any comments or tips please! And type of food i can eat before i start the diet! ♥

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-21-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 09-01-2014, 07:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Perspective.

At 16 years old you shoud take your well being seriously, young people can do far more harm to themselves by nutritional lapses than older fully developed adults would suffer.

Certainly it is a good idea to try and eat healthily and adapt to a healthier lifestyle... and if you do that then you are certain to acheive sustainable weight loss.

You may be wanting a 'quick start' but truthfully you've been getting fatter and being fat for a good while now.. so I can't see the point in needing a sudden change.. least of all an unhealthy one that teaches you nothing.

But... if you decided to do single day water fasts even as often as once a week, I don't think that would do you any harm at all, and probably a huge deal of benefit... especially if you make sure your pre and post fast days are supremely healthy with heaps of vegetables, high quality protein and top grade carbs.

Good luck, and remember the real objective is to become healthier (slimming is a natural side product of healthy living)... if you just try and get slimmer most likely you will fail to get any healthier, and be unable to maintain any weight lost.
Old 07-31-2018, 11:26 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

According to mine personal experience, if we start drinking 34 oz water per day for a year then our 4.4 lbs weight can be reduced. I will also prefer BPA free bottles for drinking. And also drink water with the gap of 1-2 hours after the meal.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Have you done fasting before? If not, then you should try a shorter time frame to begin with, then work your way up. At the max, I'd look at starting with 24 hours. And with that, don't just do water.

Instead of going full-on "water diet", Dr. Ken Berry, M.D. has some great videos on YouTube discussing the kinds of drinks that would be allowed during an intermittent "fast". One of the things that, at your presumably active age, is important would be keeping enough salt and other minerals in your system. On an extended fast, you'll get very tired very quickly. I've done this more than once, and while it is incredibly effective for digestive cleansing, autophagy, and mental clarity, the loss of minerals can be debilitating.

If you drink coffee in the morning, put a pinch of salt in it. Drink water with a few drops of lemon or lime juice, drink a couple cups of hot chicken broth or bone broth each day. The sodium content is absolutely a necessity. He gives the recipe for a Keto-ade that might be helpful as well. But, do be very careful. At your young age, this type of fasting can be very harmful if not done with extreme care. Hopefully, you don't have any other health issues that may be exacerbated by fasting.
Old 02-07-2019, 07:49 PM
FitDay Member

Smile alternate water diet

Originally Posted by jonas111
I know you will say its unhealthy and stuff .im 16 female 160cm and 80kg. i want to lose weight to get a head start. Any tips on the water diet/fasting please post. im going to do it for about 4-5days if i can take it haha! Post any comments or tips please! And type of food i can eat before i start the diet! ♥
You should do this water diet on alternate days,it is not good for your health at such a age to continously for 4-5 days.Alternate will also give you same result but it will be constant effect.Water diet will also be good for your dental health.
Old 02-26-2019, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

for the young body is a strong stress. On such a diet, they sit only according to the recommendations of the doctor. If you want to lose weight, consult your doctor, he knows better what your body needs to lose weight and not harm. And since you are still studying now, in order to make you a little happier I will share the proofreading service that will help you with your papers. I hope that you will lose weight and you will be healthy.

Last edited by Yore9; 02-27-2019 at 08:08 AM.