Notices

Weekend Challenge - Part 2

Old 05-20-2010, 10:32 PM
FitDay Member

For the benefit of my health and welfare, this weekend I vow:

1. Get in one really good workout.
2. Drink all my water every day, before I take a sip of diet coke. Unless of course there is no coffee pot, then I can have 2 cans in the morning, but no more until I drink all my water.
3. I will take my little calorie book and keep calories to 1,600/day no more.
4. When there is an unhealthy food option I will try to eat a limited and controlled amount or I will eat something I brought.
5. Keep my temper in check and to not yell at my kids (too much) or the offspring of others (camping with the Brownies this weekend).
6. I will try very hard to be a fun mom, even though I will be sleep deprived and Aunt Flo is visiting.
7. I will not make an issue out of any of the food choices of others. It is their life and they are free live it how they choose.
8. I will work on the garden once we get home from camping, weather permitting.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't join last week's challenge and completely blew it on the weekend, so this time I vow:

- I will drink plenty of water CHECK
- I will go for a long walk on Sunday NO CHECK. But: I caught a very bad flu over the weekend and am confined to my bed for the time being. : (
- even though I'm invited to a huge wedding with lots of gorgeous food tomorrow I will stick to the healthy stuff and will have no more than 2-3 glasses of wine NO CHECK. I did fine with the wine, but indulged in gravy and meat.
- I will allow myself no more than two pieces of cake CHECK.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by MollySue2; 05-23-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Friday everyone!

Count me in!

1. Drink more water. I am great at this during the week since I am at a desk but need to keep the hydration going on the weekend.
2. Keep up with eating my fruits and veggies. Again this goes by the way side on the weekend.
3. Get one more strength training workout in Friday or Saturday
4. I will miss my walk on Sunday due to being at the race track but I vow to walk up and down those killer stairs several times.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

I will:

1. Keep the urge to overeat at bay - Aunt Flo is also visiting my house (weird she can be at two places at once! ) It seems like I want to eat everything in sight today!
2. I will be volunteering at a wine tasting event on Saturday so I will try to choose healthy foods out of what is made available. I may actually pack my dinner since I will be volunteering and not attending. The wine won't be an issue - I don't really like it!
3. Try not to fight with my husband. We see each other more on weekends and all the stuff we've been holding in during the week sometimes comes flooding out on the weekends. Try to just roll with it and not overanalyze.
4. Try to do something active/outside on Sunday. Maybe if it's nice, take my son to the park and run around after him for a while.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:59 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in...

My goals/challenges for this weekend:
1. Drink 80-100oz water each day. Check!
2. Run at least 6 miles. Really regretted this goal during the last mile today, but I DID IT!!!!!! CHECK!!!!!
3. Make healthy choices when eating out. Check!
4. Stay at or below 1200 calories each day. Check!

How did the rest of y'all do???
Old 05-23-2010, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Just checking in:

Originally Posted by almeeker
For the benefit of my health and welfare, this weekend I vow:

1. Get in one really good workout. Went running Sat morning at camp!!! CHECK
2. Drink all my water every day, before I take a sip of diet coke. Unless of course there is no coffee pot, then I can have 2 cans in the morning, but no more until I drink all my water. NO CHECK
3. I will take my little calorie book and keep calories to 1,600/day no more. I took the calorie book, but I went over a little both Sat & Sun NO CHECK
4. When there is an unhealthy food option I will try to eat a limited and controlled amount or I will eat something I brought.CHECK
5. Keep my temper in check and to not yell at my kids (too much) or the offspring of others (camping with the Brownies this weekend).CHECK
6. I will try very hard to be a fun mom, even though I will be sleep deprived and Aunt Flo is visiting.CHECK
7. I will not make an issue out of any of the food choices of others. It is their life and they are free live it how they choose.CHECK
8. I will work on the garden once we get home from camping, weather permitting.CHECK
6 out of 8, 75% C.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Just checking in:

6 out of 8, 75% C.
You passed!!!! Good work! =)
Old 05-24-2010, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
I will:

1. Keep the urge to overeat at bay - Aunt Flo is also visiting my house (weird she can be at two places at once! ) It seems like I want to eat everything in sight today! - CHECK. I had a few too many chips and salsa yesterday, but other than that I did really well.
2. I will be volunteering at a wine tasting event on Saturday so I will try to choose healthy foods out of what is made available. I may actually pack my dinner since I will be volunteering and not attending. The wine won't be an issue - I don't really like it! CHECK. We didn't even get near the food tent and I picked up Subway before going. Got a ton of walking and sweating in too at the event!
3. Try not to fight with my husband. We see each other more on weekends and all the stuff we've been holding in during the week sometimes comes flooding out on the weekends. Try to just roll with it and not overanalyze. CHECK. No fights, but need to keep working on this one all week long.
4. Try to do something active/outside on Sunday. Maybe if it's nice, take my son to the park and run around after him for a while. NO CHECK. Little guy's got a little head cold and it was far too hot out to take him outside.
Not too shabby - will set bigger, harder goals over Memorial Day!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by montanacricket
Last weekend was okay.

This weekend...we have deconstruction of the only bit of remaining deck, and excavation for the greenhouse footings planned. So lots of nailbiting and hauling of excess dirt. I should top out on exercise this weekend--usually I don't do my weekday workouts on the weekend for that reason.

Food wise, I want to keep my calories in check, but give myself my weekend treat of a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of beers. A good solid breakfast each day should help keep me in check.

Saturday the kids and I will be going to "dinners done right" and preparing 12 meals for the freezer. LOVE that place. It'll take us an hour or so and we'll have 12 good quality tasy meals in the freezer, ready to thaw and cook when we need them. And the best part of that is that I have all the nutrition info printed already!
Actually only had ONE beer this weekend.

I did get a ton of exercise in--just dodging rain drops was probably half of it!

And we got all of our work done too!!!

Bad thing is I don't think I kept the calories in check...I didn't really keep track very well *hiding* But today is a new day.

One thing I've noticed is that on weekends, I don't drink NEARLY the water I need to. Still working on that.