Notices

I Can't Get Enough To Eat!

Old 05-18-2010, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Question I Can't Get Enough To Eat!

Hey - I normally do not have a large appetite, but today I simply cannot get enough to eat. I have NO IDEA what it going on but I have been famished ALL DAY!

Anyone else ever have a day like that? Any idea why it's happening?

Grrr Face!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:32 PM
FitDay Member

Yes, I've had whole years like that. Drink lots of water, people often mistake thirsty for hungry. The other thing you want to ask yourself is "did you eat a big pile of carbs?". This can lead to a hard drop in blood sugar, which always leaves me craving more. Could Aunt Flo be lurking in the corner?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

I get that with PMS. I was like that when I started losing weight too, I just needed to get used to eating less. I find now that eating more protein and fibre helps a lot.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm like that on days prior to Aunt Flo and also periodically I'll just have hungry days.

Cravings are different. If I'm craving something specific but don't know what it is, I'll start with about 16-32 ounces of water with lemon. Then I can usually tell what I'm craving unless it was just simple thirst, which I mistake for food cravings quite often.

Like the others said, boosting protein consumption throughout the day has made a difference for me, but if I have a particularly blazing workout, I will almost always have a hungry day the next day.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:41 AM
FitDay Member

yes been there .... so hard to get thru those days and everyone has given you good advice. I also find a big bowl of low fat popcorn along with a big glass of water or diet pop will *fill* me up as well...and satisfies that snacky feeling...when all else fails go for a walk and try to take your mind off it, sometimes it can be boredom.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

WOW! Thanks everyone for all the great advice! It's weird because this is the first time it has happened to me! But I did have a lot of carbs yesterday. Cereal for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, chicken, veggies and pasta for dinner, then pineapple muffin after the pool. I did not know that a lot of carbs would make you feel hungrier. I eventually gave up and went to bed so I would not eat anything else! And then I had to resist the urge to go for a bowl of soup!

Fortunately, Aunt Flo no longer visits, so that can't be it, but the past couple weeks I have had NO appetite at all, most days total caloric intake was under 700! Could it be that my body is trying to play catch up? This is not a good week for a binge week! I want to lost at least another 5 pounds before I fly home to see family next week!

Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:45 PM
FitDay Member

Stress makes me want to eat, and flying to see family would definitely stress me out I also agree on the carbs, the more I eat the more I want. My appetite fluctuates a lot. Green tea and diet root beer are my friends lately when I want to eat but don't want calories. Diet A&W will satisfy a sugar craving for me, and I usually hate sugar-free products.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Sveva
WOW! Thanks everyone for all the great advice! It's weird because this is the first time it has happened to me! But I did have a lot of carbs yesterday. Cereal for breakfast, pancakes for lunch, chicken, veggies and pasta for dinner, then pineapple muffin after the pool. I did not know that a lot of carbs would make you feel hungrier. I eventually gave up and went to bed so I would not eat anything else! And then I had to resist the urge to go for a bowl of soup!

Fortunately, Aunt Flo no longer visits, so that can't be it, but the past couple weeks I have had NO appetite at all, most days total caloric intake was under 700! Could it be that my body is trying to play catch up? This is not a good week for a binge week! I want to lost at least another 5 pounds before I fly home to see family next week!

Thanks again!
Sounds to me like your metabolism is revving up, along with an excess of carbs...

I can't wait til Aunt Flo moves somewhere else permanently! I hate my mood/craving/weight swings when she visits!

And I too have gone to bed just to quit eating some days. Some days I just can't get enough!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

I work at home a lot and know what you all are talking about! I am always hungry!!! I get sick of carrots and non fat yogurt and little cottage cheeses. Diet Root beer and popcorn and water and green tea, here I come!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

When I have "one of those days" I try to ask myself before I eat: do I want hot or cold, sweet or salty, crunchy or soft? And try to narrow it down as much as possible. Sometimes it lets me know that I'm just bored and want to munch on something. Chewing gum or brushing your teeth can help too.

I'm new here.....I was here years ago and came back now....so "hi"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.