Notices

new to fitday.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Smile new to fitday.

Hey everyone, i just found this site and have been reading through some of the stories wich gave me hope I've been over weight since middle school, i am now 28... i know what my end goal is, but at the moment it is to lose 75 pounds by my birthday in october,even though i desire to lose more then that. i figure'd id get fustrated if i started with more then a reasonable number. I've never been a "over" eater so to speak.. but just lazy my motivation is sitting at zero My sister is my new found walking buddy, so Starting monday were going to go walking with the kids. I'm so excited just hopping i can stick with it.

Last edited by synista; 05-15-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: fixed something.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:44 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Synista,

I too would like to lose about 70 pounds overall, but my first goal is to lose 25 pounds by August, which will put me at 175. I started this journey March 28 at 217 lbs. I'm not a big eater either, just a "wrong food" eater. I'm a huge snacker. This is a great site, but don't forget to be diligent about logging your food.

You will find a ton of support here for those less than committed days.

If I can offer you any advise as you start your journey, it would be this...Take pictures... front, side and back. Do this monthly. Be kind to yourself when it gets tough and be forgiving to yourself when you need to.

Good luck on your journey...you can do it.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 05-16-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:00 PM
FitDay Member

I started my journey 5/13/10... my weakness is pizza and pasta just the smell makes me wanna drool! I've been doing fairly well replacing my chips with a sandwich with some tomato's or carrot slices instead.. Been keeping track of everything,even though i find it find weird to add how long i watched tv for lol. My sister has been helping with my motivation, seems easier when you have someone to exercise along with you! Thank you for your advice and support and i'm sure you will hit your goal as well