Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/17/10

Old 05-18-2010, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ladies,

it's such a relief to hear that I'm not the only one who indulges once in a while (especially on the weekends!) - so thanks alot for all the sympathetic comments, I really needed it! And I agree with Julia that it truly is a matter of changing one's mindset. I'm not quite there yet, but I will keep on trying

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

I'm afraid I can't check in because my scales are broken! I thought it was the batteries so changed them but it did no good :/ financial times are not good so who knows when I will be able to replace :/ :/ :/ BUT I will keep on logging and will have to resign to weighing at my moms once a week when I go of a weekend.

Quinn, talking of 'bad' foods not tasting so good - as it's my birthday today I grabbed my favourite bacon, tomato & mushroom sandwich from my favourite cafe and didn't enjoy it half as much as usual. I'd of much rather had my cereal and banana - am slightly concerned that I've ruined my favourite treat forever lol

Also on a positive note, I've tried having a couple of squares of dark chocolate this week (80cals) instead of the usual 200 cals of milk choc (and I still want more!) and it's true that it does satisfy the craving much better.

Sorry that most people don't seem to be having a very good time this week - I don't know my weight obviously but can't imagine there would have been a change TBH.

Anyway, I'm off to the pub to make the most of having no working scales at the moment lol, just for today tho because it's my birthday YAY
Old 05-18-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-- me too! I really didn't want to weigh myself but I did, and I am up .4 lb, not much, but I had a really disappointing week. It's finals and I am really stressed and not getting any exercise or taking care of myself. After next week I can re-asses. I have two dear friends who are struggling with cancer right now, and it is breaking my heart. I am so lucky to have the healthy hungry body I do....why me? Anyway, I am glad I am maintaining the weight while I am on a plateau, and not gaining. That means my eating habits are more or less under control, although my dh and d i l who lives here during the week bring in a lot of junk food. I try to get them to hide it but I know where it is! I can binge on diet food too! Those little custard cups, etc.....I tell myself when I start doing that or go out to a restaurant and they plop down a fabulous hunk of bread and butter, "You can't gain it all back in one day!" So like you said, Quinn, every single day , minute, choice, is a first one....it's just like any addiction, one day at a time. Have a super week beautiful women and try to love your healthy hungry selves!!! Sharon
Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Happy birthday, Missmatch!

hope you have a beautiful day!!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday MissMatch! Have some fun !!!!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Hi Everyone

You ladies have such great attitudes and perspectives...it's easy to keep coming back. Even when you're having a "down" week, your motivation and sharing are very inspiring. Thanks for being here.

MollySue, Mambo, Sharon, hang in there; you know you can do this and one little fluke on the scale doesn't take away the progress you've had so far and the knowledge you've gained. Some of it could be due to other factors such as water, sodium, stuff your body's not used to, as opposed to real pounds gained. Mambo, glad to hear that things went really well, and it's wonderful that you had some pics taken and are comfortable with that! I still don't think I'm there in my head

Julia, we'll all have our up and down weeks. Celebrations and social occasions can be hard. I agree that you can change your tastes, like Quinn said (although I think that chocolate will always be appealing to me). I think you get to a mindset where you just don't want to "waste" calories and you want the highest quality food you can find. At gatherings, you could grab and keep water or a spritzer with you, and if you choose to snack (obviously) make good choices, but also things that might take a long time to eat. For example, you can scarf down a bunch of high-cal peanuts in a really short period of time, whereas crunchy veggies or crackers would take longer to eat. I never really liked fatty foods all that well to begin with (with the exception of french fries!), but salty snacks are the ones I have to watch at those types of places. Sometimes I eat before I go and it's better if I don't even get started on the food there; it depends what's on the table (although that really only works with snacks and hors d'oeurves, not a dinner).

Twinnermommy, great start for you! It's all a process and you tweak as you go along.

Missmatch...happy birthday to you!!! I hope you have a fantastic day .

Hey, Quinn, congrats on removing the training wheels and blazing the trail, once again showing us that it can be done gracefully!

I'm holding steady this week, with the big challenge trying to keep myself off the DL. I've had some foot pain I'm trying to baby along with ice and rest, and of course the elbow is acting up because it's tennis season. The thought of not being able to exercise is somewhat anxiety-provoking, so I'm trying to be careful.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nutrition Question

Hi Ladies,
I am new to this forum and I'm not sure if this is where I can ask a question so if this is out of order, let me know.

I am trying to reduce fat intake to lose about 10 lbs. How much of a person's diet, in a 1200 to 1600 calorie diet, should be fat? Or, what proportions of your daily intake should be carbs, protien and fat?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm holding steady this week, with the big challenge trying to keep myself off the DL. I've had some foot pain I'm trying to baby along with ice and rest, and of course the elbow is acting up because it's tennis season. The thought of not being able to exercise is somewhat anxiety-provoking, so I'm trying to be careful.
Have you thought of trying exercises that will keep you off of your feet? My thoughts are maybe floor leg lifts, sit ups, anything that will not put weight on your foot but still keep those muscles working.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Anderson! Great minds think alike . On Sunday I went through my spreadsheet and highlighted all the stuff I could do that did not put weight on my foot. Needless to say, my abs, arms, and shoulders got a good workout that day!

Hi, antidi; welcome to FitDay. Everyone that answers your question will have a different answer...there's no magic bullet, as it is different for everyone. A general rule of thumb is that no more than 30% of calories should come from fat, though. If you put carbs, protein, fat in the search box, you should pull up a whole bunch of threads on this topic...it's been a hot one!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Birthday MissMatch!!! I hope you enjoyed the pub!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.