Notices

What is my problem?!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down What is my problem?!

Do you guys ever have like...an entire WEEK at a time where you just eat really crappy food, or way too much food?

I have been like this for the past 3 or 4 days. I keep making very poor food decisions, and while I know they are bad, and I feel terrible about it later, my cravings overrule the guilt that it causes and I keep eating!

And what really sucks is, I'm not really going overboard in my calories, I'm just making terrible food choices! Like this morning, for breakfast I got a slice of breakfast pizza from the gas station while I was getting my coffee. Granted, I could have gotten a big iced cake donut instead, so at least I got something with eggs and meat on it...lol.

I just can't get motivated to make better decisions. The bad food tastes soooo good!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenny i know exactly what you mean only instead of just a few days i couldnt stop and did it for 4 months. Like you it wasnt really high in calories it wasjust constant snacking and eating the wrong foods. Luckily i came off lightly and gained 7lbs-it could have been much worse. But ive got myself back on track now and lost the extra and im back to the weight i was in January. Id already lost 3 stone and i knew if i carried on with the bad habits id end up with it all back on again.
You still have the willpower and determination inside you like you said it could have been something much worse for breakfast so give yourself some credit that you didnt completely blow it.
I agree the taste of the fattening food is more enjoyable to eat but the feeling of reaching your goal weight will be much more satisfying.
I tell myself that to achieve my goal i have to make the effort to make something low-cal even if the family is eating something different and when i get to goal i will be able to enjoy a treat in moderation without the feeling of guilt.
Put the past few days behind you and try to make your next meal a healthy one and the next after that go for a better choice this way you be less tempted to undo your hard work by picking something not so great for your next meal. You will soon get back into the swing of losing weight again. Good Luck-dont give up hope and you will get there!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having the same kind of week. I haven't been exercising at all...the weather has been crappy and raining so I can't get out and walk...and I haven't been doing anything inside either. Laying and watching tv has been more comfortable. Also eating has been bad too! I want to get out of this - but it's easier to fall into my old habits! How can we turn this around!?
Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

It sounds like you all need to go grocery shopping. I keep a regular shopping day, so I never run completely out of the healthy foods that I need to stay on track. Admittedly I've only done that since having children, but it saves me soooo much time because I never have to run out to the store for just one or two items. This also saves us a lot of money because I almost never impulse shop.

I don't know about you, but I tend to eat what's easiest. So when my house is full of healthy food and it's right in front of me, I stay on track. When the cupboards are bare, I'm much more tempted to hit convenience foods. So get yourself a coffee pot, pay at the pump and don't go into the gas station for your morning joe, consequently avoiding the junk breakfast. It's much much cheaper to make coffee yourself and get this, you can set it up the night before to be ready for you the minute you get up, which is much more convenient than having to stop at the gas station.

I hate to say this, but having never eaten "breakfast pizza" it sounds disgusting. You should also know that if the eggs are scrambled, you shouldn't eat it, unless you know for a fact that the eggs were prepared in the last 15 minutes. Seriously something icky happens to scrambled eggs as they sit, I can't remember the details. All I know is that my mother is a nurse who worked side by side with the Health Department for years and she won't touch buffet eggs with a ten foot pole.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Jenny, I have plenty of days like you are talking about. I gained 1.4 lbs this week because of it--sometimes I am just not motivated to be on track because of tempting free food surrounding me and possibly because I want to rebel against feeling constrained by a diet. I'm a grad student in a building with a big auditorium. They always have seminars going on with free food on the tables and plenty of leftovers brownies, cheese cubes, muffins, etc. in the lunchroom.

I think of Fitday and my WW weigh-in as my touchstone. If I weigh-in and I have gained weight I have all of you to motivate me back onto plan. At the same time, if I weigh-in and I have lost a pound, I still use all of you to motivate me to keep on going. People like yourself who are tempted by these things help to motivate me by giving me the opportunity to write this out and try to support you! Thank you

You've got the power to eat whatever you want to eat, try to use that to make food choices that won't cause you such angst later on.