Notices

Weekend challenge

Old 05-13-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekend challenge

this is for anyone who struggles on the weekend...you may be good all week with food or exercise..but come the weekend and all that good work goes out the window!!! So , the ladies of the 100 plus group are up for a challenge this weekend to keep ON PLAN....everyone is welcome to join us! Feel free to post your goals for the weekend...your plan.....your successes or even your struggles! We are all here for the same reason..so lets see if we can stick together and JUST DO IT!!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

My goal is to keep track of what i eat...keep under 1500 calories and get in 1 extra walk..Im going out for lunch tomorrow as well and I WILL track what I eat honestly.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Seeing as I'll be running an outdoor classroom with over 125 sixth graders tomorrow, I have to be careful what I pack in my lunch. It'll be an almond butter sandwich on whole wheat, some greek yogurt with a dab of honey, and an apple most likely.

Over the weekend, I have a BUNCH of yardwork to get done and it's suppose to be nice, so exercise won't be a worry. Food will though. My goal is to keep my calories under 1500 unless I spend most of both days out working hard in the yard, then I'd like to keep them under 1700.

And I vow to only have 2 small glasses of wine.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:34 AM
FitDay Member

Tomorrow (Friday) will be my biggest challenge because we have a team meeting at work, which usually means lots of food. So I will save up some calories for that and hope that it's Subway for lunch. I think DH and I might get out in the canoe for a little while this weekend if it's nice. Other than that, I'll probably be trapped in the house helping my little guy get over his ear infection. So my goal will be to avoid overeating just because I am home and bored! I will log everything here and try to get alot of housework in to keep busy.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

this is great. i need to focus on my weekends!

i vow to:
-not go over 1700 calories on one of the days, and on the other day not go over 1500
-only have one drink on friday and no more than two drinks on saturday
-get some form of exercise in each day (walking, dancing, biking or yoga)
-have fish atleast once this weekend
-to try and choose to eat veggies instead of cheese
Old 05-13-2010, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Ladies!
I'm fairly new and this is my first week with the program. I'm visitng my grandmother this weekend who loves to bake breads and sweets. I'm going to limit myself to one treat a day and choose fresh veggies instead of a second or third treat. I'll try to keep up my daily jog and cardio while I'm away.
Good luck ladies! We can do it!
Old 05-13-2010, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

I figured it would do me good to chime in on this thread so you girls can help me be accountable. When I joined Fitday in Feb. I had hoped to be down 15 lbs for an event I have this Sat. I am down ten which I am happy about,(ok, I would be happier if it were 15)but I have had a mental list going all week of the foods I haven't eaten in a few months that I want to dive into right after the event this weekend. I am not the kind that can eat a little of something and not eat the whole bag normally, so I had to really limit my diet over the past few months or wouldn't even have lost what I have. That said, I have an addiction to peanut M&M's. I have not had any since January. I am planning on getting a small bag and eating the whole thing and then moving on. Hopefully if I check back in on Monday I will not have eaten a large bag, and then consumed everything else in my path which I am prone to do!

Stay strong this weekend ladies. We can do it!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Love this idea! I'm going to...

- Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day!
- Take Friday off from the gym (I've worked out 13 of the past 14 days and my legs are soooore!)
- Go to the gym on Saturday (warm-up, work out with trainer, and run)
- Go to the gym on Sunday (warm-up, hill climb, and abs)
- Make good choices when I go out to dinner on Saturday =)
- Stay at/near 1,200 calories all 3 days

I feel inspired after reading all of your lists and making my own! Thanks for starting a great thread.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

This is a great thread! The weekends are definitely the toughest for me. I'm really going to try and stay strong this time!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:23 AM
FitDay Member

I vow for my own health and welfare, this weekend I will:

1. Weed, mulch and Preen at least 2 more flower beds (I have 5 left)
2. Get my veggie garden started
3. Limit my calories to 1,600 or less each day
4. Drink all my water before I drink a sip of Diet Coke
5. Hit the gym on Saturday for at least 75 min (800 cal burn minimum)
6. Go for a 30 min run on Sunday (or 60min elliptical if it's raining)
7. Give honey a little sugar... (hey, that burns calories too, especially if you give it "vigorous effort").

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.