Notices

Weekend challenge

Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Great thread! I am planning a birthday party, so it will take effort not to snack as I am cooking cakes and then at the party itself. So I will stay under 1800 calories both Saturday and Sunday, and work out for 60 minutes tommorrow and take Sunday off. That is still stretching it, I could do better, but I'm just beginning so -- baby steps.
Old 05-14-2010, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Ok got off to a rocky start today....skipped breakfast due to running out of time...ended up eating some baked cheezies this afternoon which wasnt on the plan..but got back on plan for supper! Heres to a better tomorrow!!!
Congrats on pulling it together! I always fear that if I give myself a little give, that I won't know where to stop... good job!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Ok got off to a rocky start today....skipped breakfast due to running out of time...ended up eating some baked cheezies this afternoon which wasnt on the plan..but got back on plan for supper! Heres to a better tomorrow!!!
Are we counting Friday too? Uh oh, yesterday I went over cals, but not by too much, drank lots and lots of water and took the kids swimming, so still down a pound this morning. I have one more soccer game to attend then it's off to the gym, and then the flower beds. I should have added "clean whole house" to my list! What a pit!!! But I suppose it could be argued that housework doesn't burn that many calories, and it's not usually healthy with all the dust and chemicals. Right? Still if 911 is summoned they will have to bring the jaws of life and a front end loader to find us.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

Oh im feeling quite disappointed in myself. I knew that id struggle on the weekend and ive got to work much harder with the willpower and tonight i made some bad choices. I did really well up til about 8 o clock. I went to the cupboard knowing that id take a biscuit and i did. Ate that got the taste for chocolate and had 2 more!!! Now i know this doesnt seem like much but i really did good through the week not to evening snack and i was very proud of myself that for 4 days i didnt go near the cupboards and snack on rubbish late at night.
The problem is through the week the kids are upstairs at 7pm so as long as my cleaning and uniforms are ready i started to go up to my room-that way im not downstairs. This has been working perfectly but it would be unfair on a weekend to put the kids to bed early and miss the weekend tv they enjoy watching so because i was sat downstairs i was up and down into the kitchen!
We had our main meal at about 3:30pm. Maybe early but i didnt want to snack all day and have it later so i made it for when we were all hungry. Well the kids got a sandwich at about 7pm for supper and because my daughter was tired and a little unwell she left hers and i ate it!!!! Okay it was a small breadcake with a bit of cheese and chicken but im mad with myself cos i dint need it.
Im trying not to lose the motivation i found through the week just because of tonights stupid snacking.
Im going to try and do extra good tomorrow and because kids at school monday i wont need to downstairs past their bedtime.
Hopefully one day in a week wont undo my good efforts from mon-fri! I need to find a balance that works on saturdays when we are in all day.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:22 AM
FitDay Member

Tracy how about finding something you can snack on in situations like that...if you like biscuits, there are some low cal ones out there you can have...do you have 100 calorie items in England?? I would be starved at night if I ate at 3;30 ..wow...no wonder you are looking for something to munch on.

Today was a better day..not perfect but better then yesterday!! Hows everyone else doing..
Almeeker..I counted friday but its up to you...
Old 05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
this is great. i need to focus on my weekends!

i vow to:
-not go over 1700 calories on one of the days, and on the other day not go over 1500
-only have one drink on friday and no more than two drinks on saturday
-get some form of exercise in each day (walking, dancing, biking or yoga)
-have fish atleast once this weekend
-to try and choose to eat veggies instead of cheese
Ok, so to report back:
I stayed under 1700 yesterday, while today I went well over 1500.
I completed my alcohol consumption, exercising, and fish eating goals. I've done a so-so job at choosing veggies.

Today I haven't even tracked. I know I went waaaayyy over my calorie consumption because there was a picnic equivalent to an all you can eat buffet that I attended from 2-7PM. That was hard. I certainly could have had more restraint. I had a light breakfast and a light dinner too--but really the lunch was out of control.

I still have tomorrow where I will exercies and hopefully stay under 1500 so that I can still make my goals!!

I'm hoping you all are reaching your weekend goals! This is a great thread to help keep things in perspective for short-term goals.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
This weekend I vow to: (mid weekend updates in RED)
1. Hit the gym on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for 1 hour of cardio each day. exercise is good, went easier on myself today because I don't feel well, so I went on a 1 hour hike.
2. Drink all of my water before 4PM. yea, epic fail here. Still getting it all in by bedtime though.
3. Eat more of my protein and veggies throughout the day rather than having a larger dinner. pretty good here.
4. Stay around 1200 calories. very good here
5. Not scrutinize my body too harshly in the mirror - when I find myself thinking negative thoughts about this amazing machine that is working for ME and as grown TWO HUMANS, I will say outloud, "I love my body." Even if I am in the supermarket and the aisle is quickly vacated. I am a work in progress! I am being more forgiving though.

Good luck this weekend!
How are you all doing?
Old 05-16-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Havnt got that extra walk in yet but will today...
got on the scale and normally Im wayyy up on weekends but not today so my plan is working and Im very happy with that!!!
Got my day plugged into fitday and will stay on track!!
so far so good...

what about the rest of you??
Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Looks like everyone's working hard this weekend...great job, ladies! It's almost Monday, and isn't being healthy just so much easier during the week?! Well, okay, maybe not easy quite, but you get the point. =)

Erinn...I love your last goal and I love your comment about being a work in progress! You definitely have a great attitude! Congrats on working hard towards your goals.

pattialbert...yay for your plan working! Hope you get that extra walk in and continue to have a successful weekend.

As for me:

- Drink 8-10 glasses of water each day! Check!
- Take Friday off from the gym (I've worked out 13 of the past 14 days and my legs are soooore!) Check! And my legs thanked me! =)
- Go to the gym on Saturday (warm-up, work out with trainer, and run) Check!
- Go to the gym on Sunday (warm-up, hill climb, and abs) Check!
- Make good choices when I go out to dinner on Saturday =) Looked up the nutrition info for the restaurant before I went, made my choice, stuck to the choice at the restaurant, made substitutions/changes to make the meal as healthy as possible, stopped eating when I was full (not when my plate was empty) and enjoyed the meal and the company! CHECK!!!
- Stay at/near 1,200 calories all 3 days Check!

And the best part? This morning I'm down 1.5 lbs from yesterday! On a Sunday!!! Didn't know that was possible. I think I need to be a part of this thread every weekend! =)
Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Patti Ive been much better today. We dont usually have our dinner so early its usually at about 5pm mon-fri. I do get low-cal treats in for myself but the problem yesterday is i didnt have anything left til i do next food shop.
Ive been much more controlled today though and didnt snack. Im going to make sure im prepared for the next weekend!
Well done everyone!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.