Notices

Just joined!!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just joined!!

Hi Everyone,
My name is Colleen, I'm 29 and weigh 267. My goal is 120- it is so far away but I know I can do it if I put my mind to it. I have been dieting for a while but it hasn't worked cause I don't do what is right for me. I want to eat healthy and exercise, but everyone has other ideas. My friends talked me into Atkins, but I was miserable and tired, someone wants me to join weight watchers, and my aunt wants me to get the lapband. But I'm not interested in these things, thats why nothing has worked so far. I need to listen to myself and trust myself.
I think this website will provide me with a lot of motivation which I need. I am excited to start out on this journey and would like to wish everyone good luck in their journey as well!
Old 05-11-2010, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum butterfly!!! I love this site! I was dieting before I joined too, but not on any specific plan. I've tried lots of different diets, but this way of tracking both my workout and my intake has been the best approach I've ever tried. At my heaviest not pregnant weight I was 244 pounds, I'm 5'-2", so at that weight I wore a size 24. I've lost almost 72 pounds, about 30 of that since joining fitday and just this past week I bought size 12 shorts. They are a bit snug, but I feel confident that soon enough they will fit just right. There is a thread in the women's corner called "May Marvelous 100+ club" or some such. It's mostly people trying to lose 100 pounds or more, you might want check it out. We're a fun bunch, no short skirts and no pom-poms, but lots and lots of cheering. Good luck honey.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Size 12 Congrats!!! I can't wait for that day! At my heaviest I was 305 and lost down to 175, but slowly I started not watching myself and gained 100. I've lost about 12 pounds so far, but I'm hoping this site will help. I will check out that thread you mentioned. Thanks for the support, I really need it.