Notices

Here I Go Again

Old 06-11-2010, 06:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here I Go Again

I have tried to lose weight off and on since I was in high school. I'm 23 now. Usually I lose about 10 pounds, but gain 15 to 20 back. I signed up with FitDay about a couple of years ago when I was determined to lose the weight for good. Now I am a good twenty pounds heavier and back at it.

I set out this year to lose 60lbs. The first month was great. I lost 8 pounds. February was right on track with a 5lb loss. Then came March. My husband got a call from a company he interned for a few years ago, and they wanted to hire him back. We agreed to take the job starting June 1st. So I spent March and April finishing my college degree (grueling last semester) and May graduating, packing up our home, house hunting, job hunting (still nothing on that front) and finally moving. With the stress from those months, I let myself backslide and gained back four pounds and got out of the habit of working out. We ate out more than we should have and ate a lot of boxed meals when we did eat at home. It was all about quick and easy with no thought for the number of calories.

But that is in the past now. I am back on track and trying to lose 7.5 pounds a month. I made a commitment to do a 30 day fitness program during the month of June. I have been very consistent, but now I'm struggling with being motivated. I'm a third of the way done with the challenge so why the struggle now?

My husband and I are starting to think about having children. I don't want my children to have an obese mother. I want to set a good example for them. The best way I can do that is to get heathy and stay that way.

Any hints, tips, motivations, meal ideas, great workouts? What has helped you stick with it?
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=The first month was great. I lost 8 pounds. February was right on track with a 5lb loss. . . .gained back four pounds and got out of the habit of working out. [/QUOTE]

Congrats on the weight lost and don't beat yourself too much on this. Another way to look at it is that, -8 + -5 + 4 = -9 pounds lost overall.

The worst is eating out but portion control is the key. I am not the type to deprive myself of what I love because I just end up binging when I "treat" myself. So, even if you go out more, I would ask for a to-go box right away. I learn to just put half of what I ordered give or take in the box right away, then eat what I left in my plate.