Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hit the 80 pound mark this morning!!!! Whoo hooo hooooooo!!!! I'm only 1.5 pounds away from slipping under the "obese" stick, into plain old "40 pounds overweight". Very excited here, VERY!!!

I'm thinking about changing my avatar from "almeeker" to "poppy" because everything on me pops now when I move. It started with just my under arm flaps of skin and then my boobs, but now it's my um behind too. Hopefully that will tighten up some as I lose more weight. Good grief a girl that makes that much noise just walking can't sneak up on anybody.
WOW congrats you must be sooo happy
Old 05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Feeling better Montana?? if it dosnt stop soon I would be getting it checked out..take care
Not sure today. I was off work Friday and basically laid in my recliner drinking water all day. I felt like my joints were prepping to explode, along with that pain in my side. THe side pain is gone now, but with aunt flo getting ready to visit, the inflammation/swelling in my joints is HIGH.

I've resolved to continue what I'm doing, trying to increase water and decrease sodium, for the next 2 weeks and if I don't feel at least marginally improved, I'll see the doctor (or switch doctors) at that point.

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
What can I do with brussel sprouts--another food that's good to eat but is on my dislike list?

Jaynie
I have a fabuloso recipe for brussels sprouts out of Fine Cooking. Quarter them, dress them with a mix of worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, olive oil and toasted caraway seeds, roast at 425 for about 18-10 minutes on a parchment covered cookie sheet. Then you can toss (if you want) with bread crumbs and chopped walnuts that were toasted together in a bit of olive oil. YUM! My whole family loves them!
Old 05-31-2010, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for all the support- I think you may be right, we have hit a heat spell and could be water- or not eating enough, just nothing really sounds good just logged my foord today only at 1000 calories so will try to add a yougurt tonight for a snack. you guys rock and thanks for all the receipes for veggies - love to try them new ways and may even try the sweet potatoe, because I have never liked them either. lol
Old 05-31-2010, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default Catching up...giving up...

My favorite ways to eat asparagus is actually also my favorite way to eat broccoli. Steamed, with a slight bit of butter, salt, pepper and a dash of lemon juice.
Almeeker – you rock my socks! Way to go girlfriend!! 80 pounds is amazing. Don’t beat yourself up at all – just remember that you’re leaner, which means you’re burning more calories. Or something like that. Great job at nearing the “overweight” mark. I myself, am looking forward to the time when I am no longer extremely obese. I have always prided myself on taking GREAT DMV photos, so today I took a look at mine… which was taken about 70 pounds ago. I look very nice… and very, very fat. Time to update, though I’m a little hesitant since I have so many more to go.
Montana – I hope you are seriously feeling better soon. I hate that horrible, exhausted, forgetful feeling that comes with Aunty’s visit…. Sounds like you are having a rough time of it.
Jaynie – I love your rants! Don’t apologize for them! You remind me of my ex-mother in law… she wasn’t in the military, but she was an Air Force wife for over 20 years and has a lot in common with you. I just enjoy reading your posts very much, you’re real and honest and that’s awesome.
Christine – same thing happened to me, the weight actually comes off easier if you up your calories… just make sure they are good calories! Ha, I know I didn’t even need to say that!
Twospirits – welcome!!! As far as tips, just keep hanging around these women and you will get more information than you could ever hope for! Stick in there and you will achieve your goals. It must be grea to know how you feel when you are healthy.
Egm – great job keeping your eating in check with social events! I’ve gotten in the habit of bringing my own food to parties, lol.
Update on me – as of right now (though it’s not official)… I AM IN THE 250’S!!!! YEA BABY!!! Oh, and… I work my SO’s size 36 shorts to the beach yesterday, and they fit… with extra room. Yea, that’s what’s I’m talking about. Today I ate chinese food (half order of garlic eggplant) and the topping off of 2.5 peices of pizza. Still only ate 1300 calories. No working out, since I went to bootcamp yesterday I am too sore to move, let alone cycle or jog... so I will hit it up tomorrow.

Now, I’ve been trying to write this for a few hours now… every time I’ve gotten near the computer for the past 4 days or so I get a lot of attitude from my SO. I really can’t take it anymore… so, I apologize to those I missed, it’s not intentional. I can’t handle the evil glares and the deep sighs. Passive aggressiveness is my biggest pet peeve. Gonna go cry… take care everyone. Talk to you later.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SkinnyErinn
Now, I’ve been trying to write this for a few hours now… every time I’ve gotten near the computer for the past 4 days or so I get a lot of attitude from my SO. I really can’t take it anymore… so, I apologize to those I missed, it’s not intentional. I can’t handle the evil glares and the deep sighs. Passive aggressiveness is my biggest pet peeve. Gonna go cry… take care everyone. Talk to you later.
You are not the only one to get that "deep sigh" treatment. My DH and his whole stinking fam are passive aggressive. He's usually pretty laid back, but we were all home together yesterday and he was annoyed with me after I logged on for the 2nd time, and the 3rd time was above and beyond in his eyes. I usually log right after a meal, so that it's more accurate, because I can't remember a thing anymore. But he's not home during the day, so he only ever sees me log at night. Well too bad for him because this works for me. I'm sorry you're living in the same circumstances, passive aggressive is such a pain in the behind, just yell at me already and get it over with. The funny part is that our 8 year old now wants to log on after every meal, and not only do I let her, I encourage it. So double too bad for him.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Ladies,

I am feeling marginally better today. Drank water all day yesterday, probably was up past 3 gallons, and am ALMOST able to get my rings off today--whereas last week they were practically falling off! When I weighed yesterday, I hadn't lost more, but got back on the scale later in the day and was up 10 pounds--guessing fluid retention! Yikes!

But got back on the treadmill today, got my 60 minutes in and am feeling somewhat better. Still hurting in my hands, shoulders and elbows primarily, and my feet and knees and hips hurt too, but not sure how much is the walk with that.

Back at it!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hope everybody had a nice holiday. I made the usual fair of ribs, tuna macaroni salad, potato salad and cole slaw; all of which were low cal. I went for a late raid on the fridge and dropped the cole slaw and 80 percent of it spilled on the floor. You don't know how tempted I was to try to scoop the top of it up and put it back in the container. That's a lot of work to make that and it had come out tasting so much like its fatter regular cole slaw. Oh well, even though I had made much less of everything than I would when I had a family, I still made too much. I guess Zoey will be getting a lot of it, but she is overweight too, lol. When she broke her leg, I had to hire a dog walker so she could get her physical therapyn. She is not leashed trained as I have a fenced back yard and she would have pulled me all over the place. She is a well trained dog, but loves people and everybody walks their dogs around here. I would have been flat on my stomach holding her leash with her dragging me, as big as I am, had I have tried to give her physical therapy, injured leg or not. She weighs a hundred pounds.

Weigh-in is Thursday and I think it will be fruitful; although, I have not logged my food this week. I have been keeping a tally in my head and I knew this would happen. I sort of go in and out of doing things. Hopefully, this coming week, I will do better at it. I know I could start today, but I have to have stand out start points, so I will start at the beginning of my third week.

Just called to see if I could get a sooner prosthetic appointment than the tenth. My right knee has been killing me like I have almost twisted it from the stress of trying to make a correction on the other leg, but to no avail. Still can't get in until the tenth of this month. Oh well, I will call daily, but it delays my exercise start date because I will have to recover plus minimize my walking around here. I guess I have no excuses left to sit here at the desk and study calculus for my upcoming college start date. I took it thirty years ago and got an "A" as that was my major, but that was eons ago and I have forgotten that specific math. I'm not sure if I will have the stamina to actually go back to work and teach seventh grade and up, but going to school gives me something to do and out of the house. I meet interesting people.

I am also doing it for my daughter, who tends to think she is the black sheep of the family because she is not making as much as her siblings and their wives. She is my youngest by three years. I think she is doing well. She is an asst mgr at Big Lots and has taken her college core classes but refuses to continue until she makes up her mind what she wants to be. I keep telling her to go and she will find her way. The other day we talked for two hours which was a definite long time, for nothing bothering her, and she said she had decided to take Spanish. That might be fun for both of us. I had told myself when I study math this summer, I will also study my several Spanish books and other media. I took one year in high school and two semesters in college. Her dad, my first husband, was half Native American/Mexican American, but grew up in a Spanglish household but wouldn't speak it at home. I wanted to bone up and I wanted the kids to learn; consequently, she and her bio brother, who lives in AZ, are always asked if they speak Spanish because of their surname.

So, anyway, all that being said. I have to take Zoey, with my bum leg, to the vet today. I am going to ask them to get her from the car. She has been licking a lot and I think she has an infection. Got to take care of my baby!
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having one of those days. I got up this morning, full of vim and vigor. With the funeral, birthday, holiday and planting the garden, I haven't been on the elliptical since Thursday, and usually when I'm off it for a few days I get a great workout the next time I get on it. So I put on the tunes, hop up onto the pedals, turn up the volume and go to town. Only there is this horrible noise, not coming from my headphones, but the pedal is grinding in a new and unusual way. So I stop and pull out an earphone and give it another whirl. Okay, it's definitely making a new weird noise, and it's much much louder than I had realized originally. After some investigation I discover that it's BROKEN!!!! Two of it's pieces are busted in half!!!! So I drag out the manual and try to figure out what I need, so I can go to the website and order it. Oh no, that would be too easy, the website is temporarily down and one of the broken parts is not labeled in the manual. So at 8:03 I call them, get a rude coughing woman on the line who tells me that my elliptical is no longer under warranty because it was a floor model? WTF? So I complain a little and make a mild threat or two and then she gets her manager to okay the warranty anyway. So after all that mess, she ends up telling me that one of the parts (of course the one I most need) is on back order and she can't really say when it will arrive. Argh!!! And to top it off, DH is traveling this week, so I can't get to the gym or go for a run unless I hire a sitter. I have other workout videos and such, but I was so looking forward to jumping back into the whole heavy cardio thing after being off for four days.

To make matters worse we had almost no food in the house, so I had to take 5 kids on a big shop. They were troopers, but it was something of a miserable experience all the same. Sorry to vent, but this seemed like the best place to unload.

Jay good job on encouraging the children. I swear my mother still does the same for me.

montana, sorry to hear you're struggling with water weight. I have similar problems with pressure changes. Good job getting back on the treadmill, it takes real commitment to do that when you feel so rotten. I'm going to try your Brussell sprout recipe, it sound yummy. I planted maybe 24-28 seedlings, so I should have bunches and bunches by July.

skinny, you go girl. Sorry the SO is being a pain in the butt, good job on borrowing her shorts, especially now that they are now too big for you. LOL.

speedy, I love sweet potatoes, so I don't know if I can help you like them better, but here's what I do with them. They have to be whole real sweet potatoes, not the canned variety. I wash them and pat them dry then pour a drizzle of olive oil over them and rub it all around to coat the skin completely. Then I bake them at 350 for an hour (more if they are very fat). Once they are cooled, they can be peeled with a butter knife or your fingers. Then I slice them about 1" thick and drop them into a baking dish, put a couple of pats of butter or margarine here and there on them (or spritzed with spray butter), sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar (not too much), drizzle a little bit of real maple syrup over them, sprinkle with pecans and dried cranberries (or dried cherries), and bake in the oven at 350 for 45-60 mins. You can also toss on a little cinnamon and nutmeg if you like. I also like them mashed with a touch of ff sour cream (or Greek yogurt), sugar (or Splenda) and cinnamon. The mashed recipe is great because from there you can turn sweet potatoes into a faux pumpkin pie by adding a couple of whisked whole eggs to the mixture and baking it in either a pie shell or a nut crust, 350 for about an hour. YUMMMMM. Man now I'm hungry for sweet potatoes.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default you ladies are great

I look so forward to logging on and reading your posts, make me feel like I'm not alone or going crazy.

Skinny- don't feel bad, sometimes you just have to cry and get those emotions out instead of bottling them up, or using food to avoid them. I myself had a good cry last night- was feeling sorry for myself and lonely, the holiday just was not the same without my ex. I stayed busy and did have a nice and healthy weekend, but last night just couldn't keep it together.

down my two pounds today, so must have been water- got up twice last night to pee lol

jay- take care of you pet- hope he is ok, if you want to try to walk him, a friend suggest a collar called "gentle Leader" because I was complaining that I may not be able to walk Speedy. He pulls terribly and is very muscular, she suggested the collar, I only use it to walk the dog and it fits snug - one strap goes around his mouth & nose and the leash is attached there. it is not a muzzle and the dog can still bark and open his mouth, but he cannot pull because it is attached to the nose piece and it just pulls his nose to the side which they don't like. Speedy is now a joy to walk, he is not thrilled when I put it on, but once we start walking he loves it and matches his stride to mine. mine came with a Dvd that explains it all

montana- feel you about the water gain, has been hot here and I think the weather can effect how you feel and your body.

almeeker- thanks for the receipe, maybe will try them mashed that sounds good - and I could bake them into individual little pies instead of one big one.

welcome to some of the new faces- everyone here is so helpful and has been so supportive.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:33 PM
FitDay Member

Montana - Glad you are feeling better and that's awesome that you got back on the horse!

Almeeker - Sorry about your craptastic day I know you'll find other ways of working exercise in, especially when you're on the downhill slide toward a new decade! And your sweet potato recipe sounds really good. I usually get lazy and microwave them like a baked potato and sprinkle margarine and brown sugar on them. When I have time for a more elaborate dinner I will definitely try your way!

Jaynie - Good luck at the vet, you brave woman! Letting a 100-pound dog pull you around is a hassle, prosthetics or not! (I should know as the owner of an 80-pound coonhound!)

Speedy - COngrats on the 2 pounds - must have been those tears!

Today was the last day of my 4 day weekend, and I think I did ok overall. I did awesome on Saturday and Sunday, and then ate about 2,000 cals on Monday and today. And extra 800 cals sucks, but I have to celebrate the fact that 2 out of 4 days were pretty good, and I got alot of extra activity in as well. Back to work tomorrow, and hopefully I'll show at least a small loss by Thursday weigh-in. I'm off to watch Jillian's new show!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.