Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-16-2010, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by egmdobbs
Welcome Terri, Chloe, and Sandy! I'm pretty new too, only been here about 3 weeks.

I think Bob from Biggest Loser probably means "cheat meal", not necessarily a whole day. When I used to be hardcore into amateur bodybuilding (hard to believe now, huh?! I ate an extremely strict diet of lots of lean protein and complex carbs and lifted weights about 1.5 hours per day. But in all the research my DH and I did about weightlifting, most sources recommended an "cheat meal" once a week because it makes your metabolism speed up to process all the input of food, then when you go right back to restricting, your metabolism continues to run on high for a while and burn calories more effectively for 1-2 days after the cheat meal (which would explain why you're so hungry after a day when you overeat!). Not to mention the mental break it gives you from dieting.

I definitely had my "cheat meal" tonight, which was not good considering Friday wasn't great either. DH really wanted steak and oven fries (which I made with sweet potatoes and olive oil for me). I ate a super lean cut of meat and the sweet potato fries, but I just ate too much of a good thing. Right around 2,000 calories for the day. I've only lost about a pound this week so far, and I'm just hoping it doesn't creep back on before my weigh-in day on Wednesday. Even though I'll be really hungry tomorrow, I need to just drink lots of water and fill up on veggies! I did get a workout in today - we spent an hour and a half canoeing Class 2 rapids, so no relaxing riding the current today! We were paddling hard the whole time and my arms are sore tonight. Then we spent 3 hours this afternoon walking around an outdoor flea market - not cardio really, but not sitting on the couch either!
Way to go on getting some exercise in and in a normal way! So much better than sitting on the couch. Your goal inspired me, since I acheived one of my goals... a new goal is to have 200 pounds lost by my 30th birthday. This will leave 80 pounds until I reach my goal. Thanks for the idea, you ROCK Sister!
Old 05-16-2010, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Caffeine cups up. Here's to a great weight loss week, start strong, stay strong all day long, bottoms up!
Old 05-16-2010, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Default P90x

Hey

I lost 6 pounds when I weighted in at weright watchers on Friday!

My Husband and I just bought P90X and are going to start it tonight. So I am hoping that with my workingout everyday at lunch and doing P90X at night with my husband I will end up a Flousy soon lol.

Anyone else do P90X with their spouse? Or even alone and have advise?
Old 05-17-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey

I lost 6 pounds when I weighted in at weright watchers on Friday!

Old 05-17-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by christineval
Hey

That's FABULOUS! Everyone is doing so great!

I had a crazy weekend...starting Friday! I was at one of the local middle schools for work Friday. We had over 120 6th graders running through an outdoor classroom. I started the day at 4:30 with my 60 minute walk (BROKE 3 MILES!!!) and then put on almost another 4 miles during the day.

I was exhausted! But things are going pretty well.

I measured this weekend and have lost a total of 7.75 inches overall, and 12 pounds. YAY!
Old 05-17-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

You all are doing so great! Congrats on all the many inches and pounds lost and miles gained.
I wonder how many pounds as a group we have lost all together. If everyone wants to respond to this, we can track our group pounds lost... I bet you it would be a HUGE number). On Fitday, I have lost a total of 41 pounds as of last Thursday.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

So... super embarrassing, WAY TMI story... so if you're easily offended... don't read on!

I have been trying to get my "mojo" up enough to give my S.O. a little sugar for over a month now. Well, since the last time I have lost about 20-30 pounds (give or take, I honestly can't remember the last time, lol!). So, wanting to "see" what my stronger, smaller body can do now, without making a complete fool of myself and killing the mood, I was doing some.... um.... "practice moves" to see if I um... might be able to try some new positions tonight and surprise my S.O. with how bendy and um... adventurous I am now. (Our love life has been pretty vanilla for a few years).

So, after my shower this morning, I close the bedroom door and I am seeing how creative I can be tonight... when in walks my 7 year old!!! I jumped up and told her I was stretching because I pulled a muscle during my workout this morning. She bought it, but yea... I wanted to die.

I was torn between acting like I really pulled a muscle, and yelling at her about closed doors (which is a rule in our house)... but I thought if I yelled at her, it would make it even more obvious that Mama had something to hide. I just keep seeing that shocked look on her face! I jumped as soon as I heard the door knob turn, which gave me about a second head start, but she still saw something strange happening! LOLOLOL... I'll explain it to her when she's grown, married with 2 kids and bored out of her mind too... now I am off to bury my head in the sand. Oh, and that little bit of "mojo" I thought I found... oh yea... it ran way again!
Old 05-17-2010, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Oh skinnyerinn, you and I have much in common. My 8 year old DD caught me dancing in a sexy nightie. It's one I wore on our honeymoon and I put it on to see if I could even slip that little bit o' lace on to my bad self, but when I got it on, low and behold it gave me a case of the dirty dancies, boump chicka chicka boump boump. Well living with my dd is a lot like living with a small girlie Einstein who is a loose cannon to boot, so she put 2 and 2 together rather quickly, and I've had to shell out hush money.

On the inches lost I can add the ones I know about, but I didn't measure in the beginning, couldn't face the size of me back in those days. I have lost at least 12 inches on my waist and 15 on my hips, and at least 6 on my chest (according to the size of my bras anyway). I'll total it up if you want to start a thread I'll post to it.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default mondays

back to the work week- really enjoyed myself this weekend and got in some great exercise, now it rained today and wasn't able to walk at work so I substituted a video. Actually have directv and they have a channel called FIT TV that has some great workouts I can tape and save if I like it or delete it if I don't, you just have to fast forward thru the commercials, but it's free !

great job almeeker on the new decade and also christine - fantastic job, the hard work does pay off.

welcome to the new faces - we share so may ideas and use what works for you. I also have been watching the biggest loser and following the similar zig-zag diet of alternating some days with higher calories and some days with lower calories to keep my metabolism from adjusting. so far it seems to be working and I can enjoy a treat every few days to help me stay on track.

for those that don't like to exercise- ditto, I have found that I do enjoy walking and it may not burn the most calories, but from someone who could hardly walk down the hall without getting out of breath, I feel any exercise is an improvement and as stated above have been experimenting with some workout tapes to see what I like and will do consistently.

have a great week- everyone keep motivated and striving to be the person we want and can be
Old 05-17-2010, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by speedyfair
for those that don't like to exercise- ditto, I have found that I do enjoy walking and it may not burn the most calories, but from someone who could hardly walk down the hall without getting out of breath, I feel any exercise is an improvement and as stated above have been experimenting with some workout tapes to see what I like and will do consistently.
You know what? Yesterday I skipped my morning workout, I was really sore from running the rototiller on Sunday, so I thought to give myself the day off to heal up a bit. But that was a mistake because skipping ruined my day, I was sluggish and tired and grouchy and hungry the whole stinking day. So I'm hoping that this means I'm becoming addicted to working out. Although even knowing that yesterday was bad in part because I didn't workout, did not make it any easier to face this morning. Argh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.