Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Marvelous May  in the 100 plus womens thread >

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Community
Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 06-01-2010, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
Hope everybody had a nice holiday. I made the usual fair of ribs, tuna macaroni salad, potato salad and cole slaw; all of which were low cal. I went for a late raid on the fridge and dropped the cole slaw and 80 percent of it spilled on the floor. You don't know how tempted I was to try to scoop the top of it up and put it back in the container. That's a lot of work to make that and it had come out tasting so much like its fatter regular cole slaw. Oh well, even though I had made much less of everything than I would when I had a family, I still made too much. I guess Zoey will be getting a lot of it, but she is overweight too, lol. When she broke her leg, I had to hire a dog walker so she could get her physical therapyn. She is not leashed trained as I have a fenced back yard and she would have pulled me all over the place. She is a well trained dog, but loves people and everybody walks their dogs around here. I would have been flat on my stomach holding her leash with her dragging me, as big as I am, had I have tried to give her physical therapy, injured leg or not. She weighs a hundred pounds.

Weigh-in is Thursday and I think it will be fruitful; although, I have not logged my food this week. I have been keeping a tally in my head and I knew this would happen. I sort of go in and out of doing things. Hopefully, this coming week, I will do better at it. I know I could start today, but I have to have stand out start points, so I will start at the beginning of my third week.

Just called to see if I could get a sooner prosthetic appointment than the tenth. My right knee has been killing me like I have almost twisted it from the stress of trying to make a correction on the other leg, but to no avail. Still can't get in until the tenth of this month. Oh well, I will call daily, but it delays my exercise start date because I will have to recover plus minimize my walking around here. I guess I have no excuses left to sit here at the desk and study calculus for my upcoming college start date. I took it thirty years ago and got an "A" as that was my major, but that was eons ago and I have forgotten that specific math. I'm not sure if I will have the stamina to actually go back to work and teach seventh grade and up, but going to school gives me something to do and out of the house. I meet interesting people.

I am also doing it for my daughter, who tends to think she is the black sheep of the family because she is not making as much as her siblings and their wives. She is my youngest by three years. I think she is doing well. She is an asst mgr at Big Lots and has taken her college core classes but refuses to continue until she makes up her mind what she wants to be. I keep telling her to go and she will find her way. The other day we talked for two hours which was a definite long time, for nothing bothering her, and she said she had decided to take Spanish. That might be fun for both of us. I had told myself when I study math this summer, I will also study my several Spanish books and other media. I took one year in high school and two semesters in college. Her dad, my first husband, was half Native American/Mexican American, but grew up in a Spanglish household but wouldn't speak it at home. I wanted to bone up and I wanted the kids to learn; consequently, she and her bio brother, who lives in AZ, are always asked if they speak Spanish because of their surname.

So, anyway, all that being said. I have to take Zoey, with my bum leg, to the vet today. I am going to ask them to get her from the car. She has been licking a lot and I think she has an infection. Got to take care of my baby!
I never want to go back to 250 either! My goal is to get to 150 which is where I was when I met my husband 13 years. So it has taken me 13 years, 2 kids and quitting smoking to gain 100 pounds. Lets hope it doesnt take that long to get it off lol.

Anyone see Losing it with jillian last night? I thought it was great. I cried and laughed. My husband even cried and hid it from me of course lol.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Mornin' All!

Feeling much better today, though still tired. Had a good 3 mile walk this morning, sweat like a pig--wait, pigs don't sweat, that's why they bathe in the mud--sweat like a man I guess LOL!!!

Good job to all of you! You're hanging in and keeping up the fight.

Almeeker, I'm sorry about the elliptical. I need to dig out my treadmill manual and see what I should be doing for "maintenance". I shudder to think how I'll feel when something breaks on it! Sick huh? Like you we have lots of other "stuff" to do, but I feel so GOOD (most days obviously) when I'm done on that thing.

I raise my latte (skinny soy with vanilla) to you all!
Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

What's the "Jillian" show and what channel is it on? Oxygen? Fit TV?
Old 06-02-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hey ladies,

How is everyone? I made a plan last night that this morning I would get up and jump rope in the driveway for 30-40 minutes, since it has a similar calorie burn to the elliptical. Guess what? Can't it's absolutely pouring here, which is really too bad since I was so looking forward to it. So I was a bum and did nothing. But I've hired a sitter for the little one this evening so I can get to the gym while our two oldest fishy children are at swim practice. I feel like that workout is a must for today, or I'm going to slide right off the workout bus at lazyland and stay there forever.

My biggest issue right now is that I did something to my shoulder or neck, can't decide which really. It hurts to move at all and I actually have to concentrate in order to move that right arm even, since it's sort of numb and tingling. It feels like a pinched nerve, but I've had it for about 10 days and it seems to almost be getting worse rather than better. I've been drinking my water, and watching my salt intake, hopefully once this front passes it will fade away. I've had this problem before and it generally goes away on it's own.

montanacricket, glad to hear you're feeling better, could you send some feel good mojo my way? I know exactly what you mean about feeling good after you get done on the tread, I believe it's called a "runner's high" (even if you don't actually run). Yes I read up on the elliptical maintenance too, so when I rip it all apart to fix it, I'm greasing it up too. Hopefully that will keep it running well for a while. Argh.

christineval, I'm cracking up that you want to weigh what you did when you met your husband. It's only funny to me because I was already a fat chick when I met mine. I'm hoping to be about 50 lighter than I was the day we met. Hopefully he likes skinny chicks.... I missed Jillian's new show last night, I was just beat and went to bed pretty early. Glad to hear it was good, maybe I'll be able to catch a repeat.

speedy, congrats on the 2 pounds. I went and bought sweet potatoes today. We're having them tonight with bbq chicken. Yummmmm. I like to take the leftovers and make "yam snacks" with them. I make the faux pumpkin pie up, give it a bake, cut it into individual servings and then toss them into the freezer for another day.

jay, you honey are hilarious. I'm having visions of a large woman being dragged by a lease, willy nilly down the sidewalk by Marmaduke while cussing a blue streak and her prosthetic legs flopping and scattering behind her. We used to have a 130 pound Doberman, who thought he was a lap dog, so it's not all that hard for me to imagine. People were so scared of him, but the most danger he ever posed was from the venting of his GI track. Holy moly that dog could stink a whole house up - BAD.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Jaybrodz
What's the "Jillian" show and what channel is it on? Oxygen? Fit TV?
Jaynie - it's called "Losing it" and it's on NBC on Tuesday nights. Last night was the first episode at 10/9 central, but I think it's regular time will be 8/7c. Jillian from Biggest Loser moves in with a family for 5 days and tries to help them makeover their lifestyle. What I liked about it is that it's not just about healthy eating and exercise, she really tried to get to the psychological/family dynamics/emotional issues that lead to unhealthiness. I cried alot - really struck a nerve in a few different ways. Highly recommend it!
Old 06-02-2010, 11:30 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, OK. Thanks. I seldom watch network TV as everything is reality today and the rest, well, I won't comment on. But this seems like a good reality show. I never watched the Biggest Loser, except for a couple times. I caught Celebrity Fit about as much. Unless I dvr a show, I can't remember when it is on and where. I will search for it now and dvr it.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Member

Almeeker - Good for you on getting in your workout. Your shoulder/neck issue sounds like a mild case of bursitis, which I got alot in my hips when I was running and now in my shoulder area from carrying my son all the time. It is an inflammation of the bursa sacs, which are little fluid filled sacs that help ball and socket joints (like hips and shoulders) rotate smoothly. When they get overused, they can swell up and cause a pinching/burning/dull ache sort of pain. There are prescription anti-inflammatories for it but now whenever I feel it coming on I take 3 Advil every 6 hours for a few days until the pain subsides.

Where are my Thursday weigh-in buddies?!?

I weighed in this morning expecting to be down just a little since my weekend wasn't the best, but I was down 2 pounds from last week! Woohoo! I've now lost 12.4 pounds in 5 weeks, and I am thrilled! And I was able to put on a pair of black dress pants that I haven't worn in 4-5 months this morning. I really want to thank all you ladies for giving me a wonderful group of women to be accountable to! Raising my coffee with Splenda and sugar free creamer to all of you!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Not weighing this week due to pms/aunt flo, might weigh in this weekend.

I got on the Wii Fit this morning after a 30 minute walk. I want to add the Wii Fit Plus in as a "shake things up" sort of thing. I get bored so easily.

Anyway, I've lost some weight since I used it over the weekend. And my "Wii Fit age" on the body test said I'm 38! Since I'll be 42 next Friday, I'll TAKE that!

I feel like I'm struggling, but I know that's the PMS irritability factor right now. Softball is almost over for my youngest daughter and it'll be a relief to get back to normal life. And summer!

One happy thing: This morning I put on a pair of jeans that is brand new that I was never able to get into before!!!! Made me feel so happy!

Keep on the changes ladies! You're all doing so well!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Morning everyone
Heres to a great weekend for everyone!! I have a challenge on sunday, dh and I are having company for supper and dh requested I make my baked ziti recipe...(its not low cal at all) so I am going to take a small dish of my own and lessen the cheese and sausage and make it more friendly for me. My biggest challenge will be the garlic bread...i cant stay away from the stuff!! I have to have the will power to throw it away after supper because I love it cold the next day..and have been known to eat it for breakfast!

Scale is starting to move again and Im so happy to see these numbers on it...I can feel the next decade coming!! Hoping by the end of the month to see it! Ive recently upped my protien by adding a sf protein drink wasnt sure how it would taste but i like it. I know I dont eat enough protein during the day and by suppertime Im starving..so after supper I have one of these drinks (and its chocolate) and I wasnt hungry anymore, and still losing. Im treating it like a treat in the evening...

Chris 4 years off your *age* is remarkable!! wow..keep up the great work!!

Erinn where are you??? We need you to come back....I know your struggling with your partner and you need to come here to get things off your chest. I miss your smiling face around here.

Egm I watched Jillians show rebroadcasted last night..its good. I feel shes helping the families more then on biggest loser..trying to get to the core of their emotional eating. The daughter suffers from a common problem for people who reach goal and feel they are still heavy. She needed just as much help. I know alot of people dont like Jillian because of her yelling but sometimes you need someone to be in your face instead of enabling you and telling you everything is going to be ok...

Ok Jay...one of the *rules* here is if you find a really yummy recipe you HAVE to post it...haha...I love new recipes! and to have a low cal macaroni or coleslaw would be great!!

Almeeker Im glad you took time for yourself!!! I can picture you outside skipping away....now if it was me Id scare the neighbours. Made me think of an episode of You are what you eat...a lady was on a small rebounder complaiing how her boobs always got in the way...so her dh got behind her and held them down while she jumped!!! cracked me right up!!!

Montana I think its time for me to walk a different route..Im finding Im not sweating as much as I was when I first started walking 3 miles. I need some hills now

Ok Im off for the day now..have a good one everyone!!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by pattialbert
Montana I think its time for me to walk a different route..Im finding Im not sweating as much as I was when I first started walking 3 miles. I need some hills now.

I hear ya...I have started adding hills on the treadmill--it goes up to 10% grade--and have bumped my speed. Intervals, really where I'll walk at 3 mph for awhile at 3%, then 3.2 mph at 2%, then 2.5 mph at 4%. It's challenging for sure! Sweat is GOOOOOOD!!!

Hey, what's in your protein drink?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.