Notices

Marvelous May in the 100 plus womens thread

Old 05-21-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

ugh... someone else post so I have something else to read besides my jacked up love life! Hahahaha. Happy Friday everyone!
Old 05-21-2010, 03:53 PM
FitDay Member

evening everyone...
Erinn I tried to post this afternoon but the site wouldnt let me...
I agree with Egms advice...you also have to remember *what is good for you*
Almeeker have fun with the brownies...Im jealous!
Speedyfair I want to be where you are now..I started at the same weight as you did...
Ok off to spend some time with Dh.....
Old 05-22-2010, 03:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default weekend thankfully

skinnyerrin- I agree healthy encompasses the emotional as well- it is I of the reasons I got to this weight. I have had a roller coaster relationship with someone I was with for five years and I thought was my best friend. For the past six months we have been on/off and also don't know and not sure if I want off the ride lol. Sometimes I'm so strong and say I won't let him back in my life, but then he calls and my willpower seems to go out the window. I have been concentrating on getting myself healthy and then I think I'll have more self-confidence and the ability to handle ending the relationship for good. It's a big step and I'm not sure I'm at that place yet, but I know I can get there as can you whatever you decide.

Taking the dog to the park- at least I have found that walking can be a great stress reliever and helps me feel better about myself

everyone have a great & healthy weekend.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default I think you ladies are exactly what I’ve been looking for…

Hello Ladies!

I just joined FitDay on Monday AND I just started reading your thread today (I’m not going to lie I felt a little weird doing so – voyeuristic or stalker like LOL). I really feel like you all can understand me in a way none of my friends and family can... and I’m feeling extra inspired right about now having read what you all have had to say

I’m 31 years old and I’ve been overweight (if not obese- morbidly obese) since I was a child. Thursday when I was weighed at the doctors’ office I was 264 lbs. I know I should loose more then 100 lbs but right now my goal is to get rid of the “2’s” . I want to be 199 lbs (or less) and I want out of my size 22-24 clothes (although that makes me a little sad because I have some GREAT clothes LOL).

I’m just starting my journey (not really sure what I'm doing) and I’d love to have you all along for the ride...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Not sure why, but I am up 2 pounds... thankfully I don't count my weight until Thursdays... but this is alarming. Off to work out.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Member for the Second Time

Hello,

I typed out an introduction that was probably too long and it went into net space and never posted and I was, after awhile, thankful for it. Similarly to the previous post, I feel like an intruder because you all seen to have such close bonds already formed. I didn't read all the posts. I have been messing around on here all day--reading different threads--and paired it down to this one and a new disability one that I hope gets some response.

This is my second time being a member. I lost down to where I am now for my son's wedding in this month of '07. Of course I went up again by forty pounds. I can't remember what my high was prior to the event. I have had four of them since I was disabled.

I am retired army and when I was in a wheelchair for three years, I put on the equivalent of 93lbs. I thought when I learned how to walk (bilateral bka), I would burn off more calories, but my knew found freedom with driving hand controls only allowed me access to more things and more eating and quite frankly after awhile, I was no longer embarrassed by my disability as I was with my weight. It has been an up and down road. I'm hoping this time, that I will succeed. Today, I found, after years of searching, a site that can compute the BMI of an amputee, no matter how many she or he has. I found out that for each leg amputation, the energy expended is 40-100% greater when walking. I also am trying to quit smoking, yet again and found that for each pack smoked per day, the heart works as if it is carrying an extra 90 lbs in addition. That gave me a lot to think about. Although for that pack, an extra 200 cals per day are burned, is it really worth it? It isn't to me and the price of them is terrible. At the commissary the last time they had gone up to 194 dollars four four cartons. I couldn't believe it. I don't smoke that much for the time that I have smoked--a pack a day--but I am frugal and I am just not going to pay a forty dollar mark up since the last time I purchased them.

So I think I digressed even more than the first post. I am 52, Christian, divorced (I know it almost seems like an oxymoron, but I became a Christian after my divorce, not that Christians don't get divorced.), three grown children, two grandchildren, one dog and three cats. I am back in school to become a math teacher but don't know that I will. My main reasons for returning were to break up the boredom of retirement and teaching math or science was all the VA would pay for; although, that was my major back in the day. Also, I want to show my daughter, who thinks she hasn't accomplished much that if Mom can go back to school at this age, she certainly can also too. She has taken her core classes but hesitates because she says that she doesn't know what she wants to major in. She's floundered some compared to the other two but she has been a consistent worker and is the asst manager at the dept store where she works. Can you tell I am proud of my kids and my four-legged ones.

I've been on here all day. I will read through your comments another day. Right now I have to log in my computer time at activity. With the amount of movement I do, I need all the burned calories I can get.

Jaynie
Old 05-22-2010, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Jaybrodz and EEB - Welcome! I joined this group about 4 weeks ago and they have all been so supportive, both with victories and stumbles.

I am beginning to wonder about the relationship between our weight struggles and our love lives! Things have been difficult for DH and I as well since I gained weight after our son and my ensuing unemployment. I think maybe when we are unhappy with ourselves, that unhappiness is like a toxin that seeps into every area of our lives. When we begin to get healthy, we crave happiness and healthiness in other areas as well. Just an interesting observation, is all!

Weekend going ok for me so far. Overate on healthy stuff (chicken and veggies on the grill) on Friday night, but because it was all healthy, I don't feel quite as bad going over calories. Got in a ton of walking while volunteering at an event for DH's work today and sweat out my fair share! Plus calories have been right at 1,300 today. Yay for a Saturday staying on plan!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default great saturday

hi all- just had to post and welcome the new friends, please feel free to read our posts the are meant to be shared and at least I find it inspiring to know I can help someone else as these posts have certainly helped me.

yesterday was out shopping with my girlfriend and she has been commenting on my weight loss and wants to try herself. we decided to have dinner together with her family and cook out, then watch a dvd. We got brats for the grill and I suggested we get a pack of chicken/apple sausage (half the fat of the other brats) and make a vegetable as well. We roasted asparagus with some olive oil and garlic. I skipped the bun and had one link of the chicken sausage with asparagus - was delicious and under 400 calories even with a few chips I splurged on lol. It was still early so after we cleaned up, I suggested a walk- and she agreed. We went for a mile walk and it was so nice to walk and talk and do something healthy- so proud of myself yesterday, such a change from the person I was six months ago. lol

so motivated from yesterday off now to take the dog to the park - hope everyone else is having a fabulous weekend.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the Welcome

I am lamenting feeling sorry for my son. The last time he was here which was shortly after Mom's Day, for it since he had to work on it, he commented on how good I looked and the weight I had lost. I had only been maintaining the weight loss for about six months, but he hadn't seem me since I had lost some of it. He is also tall and about the same height that I am, but he outweighs me about a hundred and twenty pounds and he is only 29. He had taken off sixty pounds within my maintenance period, but when he went to AZ to visit his brother, he started to put it back on and needless to say the rest did.

He was an average child but I had to monitor him with desserts; I would sometimes be missing icing. He is my step, but he is my son and I have had him mostly from the time he was about eleven or so but poor eating habits were ingrained by then. His brother and sister ate what was put in front of them and tha always included vegetables and not always desserts. Now that he is grown, I think he is trying and he has made some changes, but to be so young. When he diets, he eats a 3,000 cal diet and I told him at some point in his eating program he would have to drop that or exercise more and that led to a debate.

My other two children are of healthy weight and eat healthy foods. I have known my daughter to make a meal of sauteed green beans. My other son cooks all the time (I started him at age 8 making hot dogs in a pot.) and he loves coming up with knew recipes. He does the cooking and his wife does the dishes and his whole family is average in size; although, he uses real food, i.e. butter in his cooking and it is very tasty, but it grows on me in a bad way I found, too, when I visited a couple years ago.

My son told me a couple years ago that if I showed him it could be done, he would do it too. Well just like I am going back to school to show my duaghter, who is hesitant about it, that it can be done, I guess I will have to show him and fall back on an old army quote, "Lead by example."

Other than that the eating program is going well. I woke up last night around four and wanted two of my special about 100 cal muffins, but I staved off the craving. I have two real days under my belt. I didn't fair so well on the first day, but I still lost a tiny bit of weight and my weight loss to goal weight chart report has my weight loss dipping ever so slightly lower than the goal weight progress.

Have a nice day and be blessed. I am going to cut out coupons--a passion of mine.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome welcome welcome to all the newcomers! This is the best group of women anyone could ask for!
I am off to Bootcamp, 90 minutes of pure pummeling before I get to church. Good luck ladies, I will post more later - my weekend was only so-so, and some emotional baggage got held to the light for me to examine and I realized I needed to end the self-sabbotage... I always knew that the emotional part to dieting (if done right) was going to be harder than getting the food and exercise components settled. But, on the other hand, this is the first time I've dieted that I've allowed emotional barriers to arise and acknowledged what they were! Every other time I just walked to the fridge. I'm excited about this new path - and even more excited about who I am going to be when I walk out the other side. Anyways - have a fantastic Sunday everyone! I'm off to Bootcamp!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.