Notices

Busy 30+ Moms Support Center

Old 05-06-2010, 11:03 PM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Busy 30+ Moms Support Center

Hey all!
My name is Jodie. I am a mid -thirties Mom who is a wife, nurse, taxi maid...you get the picture. I have about 70 pounds to lose and am currently using the Adkins method. I am having great results and loving it!
I would like to use this thread for anyting general that we all need support. I would love to hear your stories, weight loss progress and goals, as well as general life questions. I find my progress steams forward easier with support.
Can't wait to hear from you and to continue on our journeys together!

Warmly,

Jodie
Old 05-08-2010, 12:21 AM
FitDay Member

Hiya Jodie hope you dont mind if i join in here. I know im not 30 but im a mum to 2 children and fiancee to a super partner. Im 25 and want to lose another 24lbs. I lost 3stones last year and used weightwatchers. I shrunk from a size 18-snug size 14 but my aim is a comfortable 12! I know the struggles of dieting when surrounded by kids and partners treats. I just need extra willpower and everybody at home encourages me not to have the things i dont need, i do keep some handy low cal treats if i need them but theirs do taste better. Hope i can grab some advice from all members here?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jodie,

I'm a mid 30s mom of 2 young kids. I work part time and the rest of the time I keep everyone on track. Sometimes it is to my own detriment!! The only thing that has kept me sane and on the right track is my career. I took vacation last week - at home, but realized that staying home makes me want to eat and do nothing since I don't feel motivated. I don't think I gained any weight back, but I definitely didn't lose!!

I started out at 147 lb in January. I used a personal trainer for 3 months and am now working out on my own at a gym at my work. My original goal was 130 lb, but I soon realized that I was putting on muscle and the weight wasn't coming off, but I was getting thinner. I revised my goal to 135 lb and am almost there!! I may continue on as I may be able to reach my original goal!