Tips to stop the tv snacks
Hi everyone id like to know if anybody can advice me on a few tips to help me stop the trips to the cupboards when the ad break is on?
The tv over here in England really aint that great-especially without sky(bill needs paying)!!!
The food just seems to call me and will not stop shouting my name til i eat it!
Im really good through the day and my portion sizes are good for mealtimes but theres just something about when the kids go to bed and tv goes on!
I know i need willpower and through the week i just think its easier to just go upstairs away from the kitchen so i dont give in.
It doesnt seem to matter even if im full-this is how i end up not losing and just staying the same weight for weeks on end. I just seem to undo all the hard work i do through the week.
I dont go out much so boredom kinda takes over and it doesnt help when i love the cooking programmes-all i see is food.
Any suggestions??????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????
Here are a few ideas...
1. Try doing something while you're watching TV, especially on the commercials. Learn how to knit or crochet! If your hands are busy, you won't be heading to the kitchen to get food!
2. Doing sit-ups, push-ups, jumping jacks, etc. on the commercial breaks is good, too.
3. Brush your teeth before you sit down to watch TV. For me, that makes food a lot less tempting.
4. Chew gum, drink lots of water, or drink hot tea.
5. Set a rule that you'll get your calories and nutrition in before a certain time of day, and don't eat after that time. It takes a lot of will power, but having a "rule" works for some people!
Thanks fletch i didnt think of the gum or brushing my teeth. Will give it a go tonight i do drink alot of tea just like to dunk a biscuit but then it turns to too many! I am no good with exercise although i do intend to get an exercise bike in the living room for while im watching telly. Thanks for your tips and keep them coming if you think of anymore
If you're really good at watching your portions and planning out your meals, why don't you plan for an evening snack too? Bag it up ahead of time and then only let yourself have that amount, with a cup of tea. Also don't keep bad for your diet snacky foods in the house. My kids protested this at first, but now they seem fine with the fruit bowl, nuts and cut veggie options we have. What's good for the goose is good for the goslings.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 12:44 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2