Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010

Old 05-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! What have you got?
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default first check in

Hi I just joined today and am so relieved to see some support for the 5-15 lbs. I am not sure if i need to join the group or if i can just post with you guys. Let me know. My starting weight today is 148 lbs and my goal is less then 8 to 13 lbs, depends on how i look when i get there.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

I weighted in at 128 lbs this morning, so lost 2 lbs since last week! Woo-hoo!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! <waves>

I've been away because since I finished work I just wasn't being 'good enough' to lose any weight so I allowed myself a little break while I had my operation and recouperated a little. My back is much better and the pain in my leg is gone so the op was a success it seems and hopefully I can be back to exercising soon - will ask the physio when I go on Thursday.

Anyway, I've put on 3lb due to a weeks holiday - I had managed to maintain up to that point... So I am back to 143lb and have reset my goals and am logging my foods again - I lost 10lb before (put 3 back on) and want to lose 10lb again so I know it can be done

Last edited by missmatch76; 05-03-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: typo!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator

Good to see you back, missmatch . Be gentle with yourself; glad you gave yourself a little break.

And good to have you MollySue, and mrskbonura

Not much new to report from here...still figuring out this maintenance process, trying to add the calories back in but nervous about it! And trying to tighten and tone everything

I've had a good week; on plan with food and lots of recreational exercise that's been a ton of fun. My mindset's been really good this week, too, which is saying something!

Beth...safe trip to Colorado; have an awesome time

Last edited by cjohnson728; 05-04-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Just Joined Forum

I have been on fit-day.com and I did not realize there was a forum. I am trying to loose about 15 more pounds. I am new to this! I agree with weigh in and it might hold us accountable.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome!

Welcome to all of the new faces! So glad to see that what we have started here continues to grow and help others just getting going.

Mrsbmura and sistasolda* Glad to have you! We use this thread to log our weekly progress (or lack thereof...) and to share what worked or didn't work during the past week. Please feel free to join our 5-15 lb. club thread, as well, where it's really helpful to "vent" and get encouragement during the week.

Cassie* It's really a balancing act, isn't it??? A lot of guess-work and trial and error but your doing a great job! I found the "fear factor" is just now starting to recede a bit and it has turned more into my new way of doing things, which is something I've never been able to achieve before. Congrats on 7 weeks!

Beth* Safe travels! Enjoy your visit! How exciting to meet a new member of the family!

As for me, I had a little eating mishap, which we won't revisit. lol Suffice to say, that our bodies need time to process change slowly. Think of it as turning an ocean liner compared to turning a speed boat. Trust me on this one, when you make changes to your diet, do it slowly like the ocean liner! Sudden "turns" will cause problems. Lesson learned.

Otherwise, everything has gone very well and I am really living quite normally now on maintenance. I still weigh myself daily, because of the additions to my diet, and log everything which is still a huge asset to me. Otherwise, I don't think about it much anymore as it is comfortably become my new way of life... finally!

And after last weekend, I'm not anxious to go back to my old ways of eating any time soon!

quinn
Old 05-04-2010, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Everyone, I have had yet another week of craziness and no time to log my foods into Fitday and have gained a 1/2 pound. Glad it wasn't worse than that, but I feel like I am out of the routine of logging foods,and am picking at things while cooking dinner or getting snacks for the kids and I am having trouble getting my focus back. Somebody yell at me!

Anyway, I had hoped to have lost 15 lbs by the end of May since I started Fitday back in Jan, but need to revise my time line. It is coming off much more slowly.

Congrats to all who lost or are maintaining. It gives me hope.

Jan 1, 2010 143
May 4, 2010 134 1/2
Old 05-04-2010, 01:55 AM
FitDay Member

Lost an 1.5 inches around my waist.... woo hoo!!!

Don't know exactly when this happened... it has been a while since I measured.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Great job everyone for continuing to check-in on Tuesdays!

Mambogirl, whenever I gain weight I still try and keep in perspective, i.e. "if I wasn't trying to be mindful when eating think how much more weight I might have gained." also, always remember that you have lost a good amount and that even if you gain a little you are still at a net loss, therefore better off than you were before! it's hard for me to stay patient with myself, but i think the trick is to be patient, persistent, and stay motivated. keep at it, you're going in the right direction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.