FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/1003-5-15-pounders-weekly-check-5-4-2010-a.html)

cjohnson728 05-03-2010 03:48 PM

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010

Happy Tuesday, Everyone! What have you got?

Mrskbonura 05-03-2010 05:56 PM

first check in

Hi I just joined today and am so relieved to see some support for the 5-15 lbs. I am not sure if i need to join the group or if i can just post with you guys. Let me know. My starting weight today is 148 lbs and my goal is less then 8 to 13 lbs, depends on how i look when i get there. ;)

MollySue2 05-03-2010 09:37 PM

Hi everyone!

I weighted in at 128 lbs this morning, so lost 2 lbs since last week! Woo-hoo!!

missmatch76 05-03-2010 11:47 PM

Hi everyone! <waves>

I've been away because since I finished work I just wasn't being 'good enough' to lose any weight so I allowed myself a little break while I had my operation and recouperated a little. My back is much better and the pain in my leg is gone so the op was a success it seems and hopefully I can be back to exercising soon - will ask the physio when I go on Thursday.

Anyway, I've put on 3lb due to a weeks holiday - I had managed to maintain up to that point... So I am back to 143lb and have reset my goals and am logging my foods again - I lost 10lb before (put 3 back on) and want to lose 10lb again so I know it can be done :)

cjohnson728 05-04-2010 12:34 AM

Good to see you back, missmatch :). Be gentle with yourself; glad you gave yourself a little break.

And good to have you MollySue, and mrskbonura :)

Not much new to report from here...still figuring out this maintenance process, trying to add the calories back in but nervous about it! And trying to tighten and tone everything :rolleyes:

I've had a good week; on plan with food and lots of recreational exercise that's been a ton of fun. My mindset's been really good this week, too, which is saying something!

Beth...safe trip to Colorado; have an awesome time :D

sistahsolda 05-04-2010 12:39 AM

Just Joined Forum

I have been on fit-day.com and I did not realize there was a forum. I am trying to loose about 15 more pounds. I am new to this! I agree with weigh in and it might hold us accountable.

quinnesec 05-04-2010 01:07 AM

Welcome!

Welcome to all of the new faces! So glad to see that what we have started here continues to grow and help others just getting going. :)

Mrsbmura and sistasolda* Glad to have you! We use this thread to log our weekly progress (or lack thereof...;)) and to share what worked or didn't work during the past week. Please feel free to join our 5-15 lb. club thread, as well, where it's really helpful to "vent" and get encouragement during the week.

Cassie* It's really a balancing act, isn't it??? A lot of guess-work and trial and error but your doing a great job! I found the "fear factor" is just now starting to recede a bit and it has turned more into my new way of doing things, which is something I've never been able to achieve before. Congrats on 7 weeks! :)

Beth* Safe travels! Enjoy your visit! How exciting to meet a new member of the family!

As for me, I had a little eating mishap, which we won't revisit. lol Suffice to say, that our bodies need time to process change slowly. Think of it as turning an ocean liner compared to turning a speed boat. Trust me on this one, when you make changes to your diet, do it slowly like the ocean liner! Sudden "turns" will cause problems. Lesson learned.

Otherwise, everything has gone very well and I am really living quite normally now on maintenance. I still weigh myself daily, because of the additions to my diet, and log everything which is still a huge asset to me. Otherwise, I don't think about it much anymore as it is comfortably become my new way of life... finally!

And after last weekend, I'm not anxious to go back to my old ways of eating any time soon! ;)

quinn

mambogirl81 05-04-2010 01:23 AM

Good Morning Everyone, I have had yet another week of craziness and no time to log my foods into Fitday and have gained a 1/2 pound. Glad it wasn't worse than that, but I feel like I am out of the routine of logging foods,and am picking at things while cooking dinner or getting snacks for the kids and I am having trouble getting my focus back. Somebody yell at me! :D

Anyway, I had hoped to have lost 15 lbs by the end of May since I started Fitday back in Jan, but need to revise my time line. It is coming off much more slowly.

Congrats to all who lost or are maintaining. It gives me hope.

Jan 1, 2010 143
May 4, 2010 134 1/2

mandab1 05-04-2010 01:55 AM

Lost an 1.5 inches around my waist.... woo hoo!!!

Don't know exactly when this happened... it has been a while since I measured.

blackrhino2 05-04-2010 03:09 AM

Great job everyone for continuing to check-in on Tuesdays! :)

Mambogirl, whenever I gain weight I still try and keep in perspective, i.e. "if I wasn't trying to be mindful when eating think how much more weight I might have gained." also, always remember that you have lost a good amount and that even if you gain a little you are still at a net loss, therefore better off than you were before! it's hard for me to stay patient with myself, but i think the trick is to be patient, persistent, and stay motivated. keep at it, you're going in the right direction :)

runawayspoon 05-04-2010 03:12 AM

way to go Mandy-- that's where all my weight is....around my lower back and hips...yuk! Anyway, after a horrendous week of visitors and restaurant food and the worst, ME cooking for friends, with the left overs, I still weighed in at 133.4. So I think by the end of the week I can get back to 132 which is where I want to be for awhile until the old bod decides on 131. One at a time, I say! Yes, welcome new members... be sure to go to the 5-15 lb forum...this is the weekly weigh-in, which i love! I really makes me want to reach a goal instead of just blowing it off for a few more days, read few more lbs. Have a super week! I am visiting my sis in San Diego and we will be doing the restaurant thing! I wish they wouldn't put bread (and butter) on the table!!!:DSharon

agarner3706 05-04-2010 03:17 AM

Welcome sistahsolda & mrskbonura! Looking forward to seeing you on the other thread:)

Congrats to mandab on the inches lost and Molly for the 2#! Amazing!

Mambo, don't be too hard on yourself. You see where you need to make changes and that's important. Logging my food is really they key for me. I find when I don't I allow myself to snack much more. Stay strong girl!

quinn, I hope you are feeling better. It's best to leave those times behind you and be grateful that you are making such great progress in maintaining! I hope to have some pretty red numbers next to my name in a couple of months. You and Cassie are inspiring!:)

Missmatch, take good care of yourself! I hope you are up and around soon.

Have a great trip Beth!

As for me I am still at 147, possibly 146.5 but my scale doesn't have ounces. I'm hoping the changes I made to my calorie balance will help to kick start my system for next week.

Have a great day girls and congrats on all the hard work:)

Built 05-04-2010 03:17 AM

I JUST SPENT A GOOD AMOUNT OF TIME ENTERING IN A LONG POST AND LOST IT--ARGH!!!:mad:

Okay, ladies, heading to the airport, so I'll just say my habits have carried me through the past week because my head certainly wasn't in the game. Lots going on. Weight the same, measurements the same...I'm okay with it as I'm getting close to my goal.

CONGRATS to all who have progressed and hugs to those who need them!

I'll be checking in:)

Browneyez31 05-04-2010 09:16 AM

Sadly...no weight loss this week so far, although I am retaining water (i will be getting my monthly visitor this week) i dunno if that has anything to do with the no weight loss...

Starting weight: 180lbs
Current weight: 174lbs
Goal weight: 125lbs

lucky29charm 05-04-2010 11:21 AM

Sorry ladies that I didn't check in last week. I was really down and upset, but I am back. As of today, I have lost 8lbs. It has been a month since I have started my goal. So ladies thank you for the support and 12 more pounds to go!!!!!!

quinnesec 05-04-2010 12:21 PM

Congrats to all who made the scale budge this week... no easy task! Remember that inches lost is just as important. There were weeks that I didn't lose anything either, but I did see a change on the tape measure. If you're not measuring in weekly, give it a try! You might be surprised. It's a nice way to keep the spirits up when the scale won't go down. ;)

Hang in there and continue on. Many of you are so close to your goal!

Time to start a fresh, new week!

quinn

agarner3706 05-04-2010 12:27 PM

quinn, thanks so much for all of your encouraging words. A lot of people would have already left the forum after they met your goal. The fact that you and Cassie have stuck around to cheer all of us on is really appreciated:D

I will keep your words in mind as I am sitting here next to my husband who is snacking on potato chips right now. They would probably taste really good right now, but not as good as the taste of victory will be when I get to my goal!

quinnesec 05-04-2010 02:51 PM

Andrea* What is it with husbands and chips anyway???

To be honest, the reason that I stick around is because I could not possibly keep the weight off without all of you cheering me on and keeping me honest. I still use fitday to log my foods and record my weight daily, as I am adding new things back in and have found some to be better for maintenance than others.

You'll find too, once you reach your 135 (...and you will ;) ) that the challenge doesn't end, it simply changes. People cringe when I say this, but it really is like an alcohol addiction, only with food. Once an alcoholic "dries out", the challenge isn't over. It continues. Same with food. The reason why all of us are here, is because we have, at some level, an unhealthy relationship with food and use it for reasons other than nourishment, right? There's an old saying that "losing weight is easy; I've done it a million times." lol Well, I want this time to be my last. Being accountable, here, seems to be the key for me.

Have an awesome night!

quinn

cjohnson728 05-04-2010 03:00 PM

I Second!

Definitely, the accountability and the camaraderie keep me coming back. I learn from you all every day...and I wouldn't want that to change now that I'm at my goal weight.

I know I still need to log my food and activities; some folks may be able to stop eventually but I can't foresee doing that; my mind can rationalize anything, so I need the accountability and also people who understand to check in with, to ask for help from, and to keep me honest with myself! Like Quinn mentioned, it's not over, it's just another phase of the process.

It's also very exciting and gratifying to watch other people progress toward their goals, knowing that it will happen and we can all do the happy dance :).

quinnesec 05-04-2010 03:10 PM

Yep, and we have to figure out a fireworks graphic for reaching goal yet, too! ;)

I was just looking back at the names on the 5-15 lb. thread back in January when we first started. It's kind of like "Survivor" with only a few of us left standing... LOL

blackrhino2 05-06-2010 07:26 AM

Hi Everyone,
I went to WW and lost 1.2 lbs this week! Thank god for Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Hot Cereal! But really, thank you to everyone who contributes here for helping me get through some rough times this week! I'm really hoping I can keep it off next week too and still lose a bit.

MichelleKoren 05-06-2010 09:05 AM

Okay, It's Thursday, so I am weighing in late. Sorry. But, my weigh in today goes hand in hand with the amount of time I have been tweaking my diet (one week). Zig zagging my calories seems to be working. My carbs are still about 50 to 55 g. Proteins are under 25, though. I can't remember what the fats have been at, but not too high. I have lost 2 lbs (as long as it isn't water weight) and this morning my waist is down to 33 inches, which is about 1 inch smaller. My hips are the same, unfortunately. I am a small person so the 33 inches is on a 5'2" frame, which means too big. Even my clothes say so: tight in the waist, lose in the hips and legs :).

Gripe on myself today is I drove to my Dojo for training and saw that the doors were open and I turned around and went home to swim, instead. I was sooo not interested in exercising in 90 deg. weather (it's humid Florida here). I really wimped out, though. For shame.

blackrhino2 05-06-2010 01:17 PM

congrats on those two pounds and the 1 inch! that is fantastic!! don't worry about turning around, you still worked out. everything counts :) what is dojo? is that the name of a gym?

quinnesec 05-07-2010 12:58 AM

I could be wrong, but I think dojo is a facility for martial arts training. Am I right, Michelle?

MichelleKoren 05-07-2010 02:52 AM

Yes, dojo is, I believe Japanese for Gym. I have been corrected by my Sifu(trainer) that to be correct, I am attending a "kwoon" because that is Chinese for Gym. :) Technicalities. If we wants me to call it Kwoon, he needs to change the sign outside. Anyway, I don't call it a gym; because, a gym in my mind is "nicer". This place is like Rocky Balboa's stinky sweaty Gym. Punching bags and cooshie mats to be thrown down on and did I say stinky and sweaty. They have all sorts of martial arts training there. And, as I said, they like to save money by not running the air. However, I think their time for saving money is up and they need to suck up the cost. I know I am at my house. :) Okay that was ugly.