Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010 >

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010

Community
Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-in for 5/4/2010

Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,
I went to WW and lost 1.2 lbs this week! Thank god for Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Hot Cereal! But really, thank you to everyone who contributes here for helping me get through some rough times this week! I'm really hoping I can keep it off next week too and still lose a bit.

Last edited by blackrhino2; 05-06-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:05 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, It's Thursday, so I am weighing in late. Sorry. But, my weigh in today goes hand in hand with the amount of time I have been tweaking my diet (one week). Zig zagging my calories seems to be working. My carbs are still about 50 to 55 g. Proteins are under 25, though. I can't remember what the fats have been at, but not too high. I have lost 2 lbs (as long as it isn't water weight) and this morning my waist is down to 33 inches, which is about 1 inch smaller. My hips are the same, unfortunately. I am a small person so the 33 inches is on a 5'2" frame, which means too big. Even my clothes say so: tight in the waist, lose in the hips and legs .

Gripe on myself today is I drove to my Dojo for training and saw that the doors were open and I turned around and went home to swim, instead. I was sooo not interested in exercising in 90 deg. weather (it's humid Florida here). I really wimped out, though. For shame.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

congrats on those two pounds and the 1 inch! that is fantastic!! don't worry about turning around, you still worked out. everything counts what is dojo? is that the name of a gym?
Old 05-07-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

I could be wrong, but I think dojo is a facility for martial arts training. Am I right, Michelle?
Old 05-07-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, dojo is, I believe Japanese for Gym. I have been corrected by my Sifu(trainer) that to be correct, I am attending a "kwoon" because that is Chinese for Gym. Technicalities. If we wants me to call it Kwoon, he needs to change the sign outside. Anyway, I don't call it a gym; because, a gym in my mind is "nicer". This place is like Rocky Balboa's stinky sweaty Gym. Punching bags and cooshie mats to be thrown down on and did I say stinky and sweaty. They have all sorts of martial arts training there. And, as I said, they like to save money by not running the air. However, I think their time for saving money is up and they need to suck up the cost. I know I am at my house. Okay that was ugly.