FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Why I have to diet (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/9576-why-i-have-diet.html)

jimnesie 05-16-2013 12:20 PM

Why I have to diet

I know, the answer is obvious; blood pressure, heart problems, etc.

I am 74 years old. I have spent my entire life bouncing up and down with my weight. But the bottom line is that I have always been over weight and a lot of years just plain obese. But recently (about 3½ years ago) I started to have tremendous back problems. So I went to my doctor and a neurosurgeon. After an MRI is was determined I have three bulging disks (one is severe). I do not want surgery, wheel chairs, or walkers. So my doctor recommended that I lose weight and keep it off and go on a regimen of walking.

I went to Weight Watchers and was able to lose 65 pounds which I have now kept of for about 2 years. I also walk 3 to 5 miles 4 days a week (I walk at about 3½ miles per hour) and on the days I don't walk the full distance I try to get 30 minutes of walking done at least.

I am not bragging because I really need to lose a little more weight. But what I am saying to you guys is that "if this fat old guy can do it to improve his life, anyone can.

keiraubrey 06-03-2013 08:22 PM

well done on losing the weight and keeping it off.

ahappieru 06-04-2013 01:47 AM

Well said! Wow 3 1/2 miles per hour that is so awesome. It is never to late to start. I started working out a little over a year ago and am in better shape now than I have been in 30 years. Wish I had wised up sooner...............

Ryan.W 09-22-2014 03:51 AM

You are doing a good job for whole your life just keep on going....

MichaelWhitehorn 02-05-2017 07:07 PM

Well, a good motivation to all those looking for excuses. People tend to use medication like xenical and all, but If you maintain a proper diet and exercise will do the trick.

englishjonathan 09-19-2017 03:36 AM

Thank you for the motivation and good luck!

kelvin178 01-19-2018 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by jimnesie (Post 98851)
I know, the answer is obvious; blood pressure, heart problems, etc.

I am 74 years old. I have spent my entire life bouncing up and down with my weight. But the bottom line is that I have always been over weight and a lot of years just plain obese. But recently (about 3½ years ago) I started to have tremendous back problems. So I went to my doctor and a neurosurgeon. After an MRI is was determined I have three bulging disks (one is severe). I do not want surgery, wheel chairs, or walkers. So my doctor recommended that I lose weight and keep it off and go on a regimen of walking.

I went to Weight Watchers and was able to lose 65 pounds which I have now kept of for about 2 years. I also walk 3 to 5 miles 4 days a week (I walk at about 3½ miles per hour) and on the days I don't walk the full distance I try to get 30 minutes of walking done at least.

I am not bragging because I really need to lose a little more weight. But what I am saying to you guys is that "if this fat old guy can do it to improve his life, anyone can.

After you take some Apple Cider Vinegar and if you can walk in the early morning for about one hour. You will lose weight and if you can follow healthy meal plan it will help you stay healthy.

Jonjac 05-05-2018 05:16 AM

Thanks for sharing sir. Hope to continue with a healthy lifestyle as long as I live.

healthfitness6 06-26-2018 04:19 AM

Because every food nowadays contains unhealthy materials and back then it was natural

veganism4me 01-21-2019 08:08 AM

Hi Have you tried the vegan diet. No animal products you could do this for a while and get rid of that fat.