Notices

Day 1 of Lifestyle change

Old 11-04-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thumbs up Day 1 of Lifestyle change

Well today I was looking thru some old things and found a picture of me from my 20's. My son who is 11yo shouted where is this man? I was much smaller and almost had no belly then. I am 46yo 5'10" and 228lbs. I am planning on going with a group of dive buddies to Bonaire next year in June 2013. I would really like to have myself down to 170lbs before I go. So this is day 1 of my journey for which I know there will be ups and downs. The last time I did it I I got down to 208lbs and fell of the wagon. I need to find my inner military man and make him kick my butt everyday to stay on track.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM
FitDay Member

Or maybe to find an outer "military" man on this site to help you! Good luck! You can do it.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:41 PM
FitDay Member

GO FOR IT!!! You can do it...like me I finally stopped talking and started doing...but for me it takes 3 weeks to be come a habit...and 3 weeks to break habits...so carry on!
Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks for your messages and the one thing I do know is NO ONE can do this BUT me. I am looking forward to a smaller me and more energy as you always hear others who have lost considerable weight say they gain. Maybe my knees will also be happy with me and stop sounding like popcorn popping when I walk up stairs at night.

I also have a Polar FT7 heart rate monitor. I spent 1 hour on the treadmill yesterday and burned 810 calories. I would like try make it a goal to burn 1000 calories each time I go to the gym. I know this is a high bar to set, but I know I have done it before.

Weight : I am going to weigh myself everyday and at the same time frames.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM
FitDay Member

Goodluck For it..Its still not too late to get those muscles you got..

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-04-2012 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Link removed
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

Stick with it and stay focused. Make sure you set your weight goal and log your weight so you can track your progress. If you have any questions, just ask. BTW, depending on your muscle mass, I was probably about your build in my before pic (I'm only 5'8" on a good day)
Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Yeh I have some before Day 1 pics and like most guys I carry it around the waste. I have been keeping track of my weight usually around the same time of day,(morning) and wear the same clothing. It has been 1 month and I have lost about 12lbs. I use the Polar FT7 Heart Rate monitor and I try to go to the gym everyday. I have set a goal of burning 1000 calories each time I go. spent 2 hours doing the machines and 1 hour of it on the treadmill. I use the dynamic heart rate with an upper HR of 155 and Lower HR of 124.

I will have to take some 30 day pics tomorrow and see about posting them here.

I see your pics and I would hope to get to that point. I was not even that slim and trim when I was a teenager. I will get there.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

CONGRATULATIONS on your success to this point. Looking forward to the 30 day progress pics.