Notices

New Here

Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Here

Hey guys,

Just started with Fitday today. Still trying to learn how to get around the place, but thought I'd drop a line to say hello.

My job keeps me pretty busy, and I'm on the road a lot, so I haven't been taking great care of myself. Here's hoping for a fresh start and some encouragement.

Current weight: 285
Immediate goal: 265 by July 4th.
Long term goal: 175 or lower.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, I started my journey (too long ago) at 270#. Was wondering how tall you are what your plan is?
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. I'm 5'6". My plan is to combine healthier eating habits and more regular exercise. My wife has a long list of food allergies, and we are grain free in our home, so I'm used to trying new things. I've started a vegetarian diet that includes eggs and milk products. I'm bringing only a single serving of everything to work, so that I don't overeat, and using Fitday to track my calories and fat intake. I tend to eat when I'm bored, anxious, or as an impulse, and that is all very difficult to control. I've gotten rid of all the snacks I had in my office so I won't graze throughout the day, and I keep my debit card at home so I won't be tempted to stop at stores on the way home to buy food.

As for exercise, I've joined a group of people from my office that walk on their lunch break. They cover about 2.5 miles in about 45 minutes, so it's a pretty brisk pace. I'm also starting to walk more when I'm at home, but that is all weather-permitting. I would like to start a regular exercise routine at home, but I'm not sure where to start with that. Ideas? I used to swim competitively and would love to get back into it, but finances are tight and we can't afford a gym membership.

I have to say, it's very encouraging to have people who have done so well getting to their goals. It's very encouraging to me as I'm just starting out. Good luck to you!
Old 05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, just busy at work and home. As far as exercising at home you might consider some exercise videos. You can even borrow them from most libraries. It is also something you and the wife can do together. Or look for a cheap ellipitcal or treadmill on craigslist.

Congratulations on losing 10 pounds so far!!!!! Keep up the good work.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:41 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Lckyman!

When I was traveling and living out of a hotel, I actually lost quite a bit of weight - I kept my protien/carb/fat at about 40/35/25 and daily calories around 1800 - 2000. For exercise I was following the program outlined in Mark Lauren's "You are Your Own Gym." It's a book of bodyweight exercises and programs. Another good one that I found later is "Never Gymless" and "Infinite Intensity" by Ross Enamiat, who also has a website with some really cool information including a section on homemade equipment (like TRX type straps, ab wheels). Those are useful programs that can be completed with a minimum of equipment.

When I was trying to lose a lot of weight, I always brought extra food, but they were healthy options like fruits and snack-type bars. Figured if I got hungry better to have something ok to eat then to find a candy bar! It may be easier for you to keep apples and granola bars around then to always fight the temptation to eat. I know it is for me, and usually when I break down, I really break down!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement!

rpmcduff, I found some exercise videos on Netflix that I can stream to my TV, and follow right in my living room. I also invested in a game called "Just Dance 3." The music isn't great, but the dance moves are very fast and I get a pretty good workout from that.

jwt708, thanks for the idea about keeping food around. I'm definitely in the same boat as you. I've tried keeping extra food at the office to snack on if I get hungry, and that works pretty well. I'll definitely look into those books as well.
Old 06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Hii welcome to this forum... my name is Mack White working in health industry.I work there as health manager. I have completed my MBA and start working. I love to learn and know about new things...
Whenever you need any help then let me know..