Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > MEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just men
Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!! >

Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!!

Community
Notices

Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 11:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!!

Im 15 and I'm really wanting to get big but it's kinda hard......
I'm 5' 10'' and weigh like 145. I have a ok build but I want to fill up my upper body, more accurately around my upper chest/ collarbone and shoulders. I also want bigger arms and legs...
Other then that I have a good core and ok definition and just need some good advice/workouts
Thnx
Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Hii
Trying for bodybuilding Then First make some changes to your diet and do regular exercise like

peck deck
weight lifting
squats
pull ups
Old 06-25-2012, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Check out Bodybuilding.com (free site). They have a forum and a section filled with advice for newbies and for those who are looking to gain muscle and weight. They also have tons of nutrition advice so you get the most out of your lifting regimine. My personal advice is to include core excercises like squats and deadlifts and lift heavy (4-6) rep range. Remember that you can't out train a bad diet. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by WannaBeBig-15
I'm 5' 10'' and weigh like 145. I have a ok build but I want to fill up my upper body, more accurately around my upper chest/ collarbone and shoulders. I also want bigger arms and legs...
Other then that I have a good core and ok definition and just need some good advice/workouts
Thnx
Do a clean bulk. Like has already been said Bodybuilding.com has a ton of info.
If you are serious about gaining muscle mass then you need to eat and train like a beast. Go 500 calories above maintenance and give it hell.
Good luck.
Robb
Old 04-20-2017, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

you are still 15 and i recommend you to focus on overall body shape with cardio. First achieve fitness goals and then go for upper body.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WannaBeBig-15
Thnx
Sometimes diet and metabolism is the key factors in gaining weight. I haven't had that issue but I know many people that have and they tried to GO MAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day). Like I said, I've never done it so I don't know if it's a good idea, but you can research it. High calorie diet/ weight gainers might help.

As far as building muscles, I've always believed that working out the biggest muscles, like your quads and hamstrings will make your body produce more testosterone which will in turn help everything grow. Various squats are good. For chest, bench press. Flat, incline and decline with a bar and dumbbells. Pull ups are good for upper body too. There's a book called Huge In A Hurry that might help.

At 15 you have plenty of time to get big and you'll probably start filling out anyway.

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:57 AM
Super Moderator

Damn, just realized this was from 2012.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 AM
Super Moderator

And still good advice!
Old 06-13-2017, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Like Morphuis said:
Dont try, just do it!
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Good advice here, go for it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.