FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just men (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/)
-   -   Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-men/7046-trying-start-bodybuilding.html)

WannaBeBig-15 03-26-2012 11:45 AM

Trying to start bodybuilding!!!!!

Im 15 and I'm really wanting to get big but it's kinda hard......
I'm 5' 10'' and weigh like 145. I have a ok build but I want to fill up my upper body, more accurately around my upper chest/ collarbone and shoulders. I also want bigger arms and legs...
Other then that I have a good core and ok definition and just need some good advice/workouts
Thnx

mackwhite 06-18-2012 06:36 PM

Hey Hii
Trying for bodybuilding Then First make some changes to your diet and do regular exercise like

peck deck
weight lifting
squats
pull ups

rpmcduff 06-25-2012 08:22 AM

Check out Bodybuilding.com (free site). They have a forum and a section filled with advice for newbies and for those who are looking to gain muscle and weight. They also have tons of nutrition advice so you get the most out of your lifting regimine. My personal advice is to include core excercises like squats and deadlifts and lift heavy (4-6) rep range. Remember that you can't out train a bad diet. Good luck.

RobbG73 08-07-2012 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by WannaBeBig-15 (Post 77355)
I'm 5' 10'' and weigh like 145. I have a ok build but I want to fill up my upper body, more accurately around my upper chest/ collarbone and shoulders. I also want bigger arms and legs...
Other then that I have a good core and ok definition and just need some good advice/workouts
Thnx

Do a clean bulk. Like has already been said Bodybuilding.com has a ton of info.
If you are serious about gaining muscle mass then you need to eat and train like a beast. Go 500 calories above maintenance and give it hell.
Good luck.
Robb

MichaelWhitehorn 04-20-2017 12:29 AM

you are still 15 and i recommend you to focus on overall body shape with cardio. First achieve fitness goals and then go for upper body.

01gt4.6 04-20-2017 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by WannaBeBig-15 (Post 77355)
Thnx

Sometimes diet and metabolism is the key factors in gaining weight. I haven't had that issue but I know many people that have and they tried to GO MAD (Gallon Of Milk A Day). Like I said, I've never done it so I don't know if it's a good idea, but you can research it. High calorie diet/ weight gainers might help.

As far as building muscles, I've always believed that working out the biggest muscles, like your quads and hamstrings will make your body produce more testosterone which will in turn help everything grow. Various squats are good. For chest, bench press. Flat, incline and decline with a bar and dumbbells. Pull ups are good for upper body too. There's a book called Huge In A Hurry that might help.

At 15 you have plenty of time to get big and you'll probably start filling out anyway.

Good luck.

01gt4.6 04-20-2017 03:57 AM

Damn, just realized this was from 2012.

Kathy13118 04-20-2017 03:58 AM

And still good advice!

helicopter77 06-13-2017 10:50 PM

Like Morphuis said:
Dont try, just do it!

RobertHorner 07-04-2017 05:01 AM

Good advice here, go for it!