Notices

Testosterone

Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Default How to Naturally Boost Testosterone

Howdy all. I'm new here but I'm a certified personal trainer with NASM so I thought I would chime in. The best way to boost testosterone is by doing squats and eating foods that are high in Zinc.

When you squat with heavy weight it shocks the body in to "alarm mode" and it produces testosterone. A good trick is to squat in the morning on an empty stomach. It will send your body into testosterone producing mode and you won't be disappointed. If you mix this with eating foods that are high in zinc like:

Oysters: Protein, magnesium, lots of zinc
Beans: Protein, fiber, zinc
Celery- High in Zinc
Pumpkin seeds – high in zinc
Avocado – high in zinc

You will be all set. I hope this helps.

Step your game up.
Max Richardson

Last edited by cjohnson728; 09-13-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: posting website violates terms of use
Old 09-19-2012, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RobbG73
TRT actually does nothing to enhance muscle gain. Most guys believe it does simply because they have more energy. The better you work out and faster recovery times equals better results.
I have low t also but not low enough to start TRT.
Robb
The recovery boost is pretty dramatic though; enough to allow yourself two full workouts in one day. You will burn through your CNS fast doing this though...
Old 09-19-2012, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Dietary fats increase testosterone..many studies have proven this, particularly animal fats.
Plus, progressive overload also causes a pretty dramatic change in muscularity and testosterone.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Lab results

I am 52 and last year started down the road to TRT. My levels were 350, with natural supplements it increased to 450. Of course my Dr. said that was good enough, even though I still suffered all the symptoms of low test. I kept pushing because despite my increased level my Free Test never changed, which was a 47, the lowest of the lab scale for normal. After a tripped to an Urologist they agreed I needed TRT. I am not superman now, but feel a whole lot better. I have always exercised and in great shape, so that was not an issue. I have lost 8-10lbs, without any changes in diet since starting. I take a 200mg injection every 3 weeks; I tried the Gel for 2 months with no benefit. Current injection have me in the 700 range and 100 on the Free.
Bottom line your free testosterone is what you body is actually absorbing and using. If it is low it does not matter what your total testosterone level is.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

I've read the following articles:

How to Increase Your Testosterone | The Art of Manliness

Boost Your Testosterone | Men's Health

Bodybuilding.com - How Can One Increase Their Testosterone Levels?

Does anybody have any experience with supplements, diets, or routines?
Old 10-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Rage, what are you looking for supplements for?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

On the bodybuilding.com link, they talk about ZMA helping with increasing testosterone. I was just wondering if anybody had tried it or other supplements and noticed an increase.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Rage_of_Achilles
On the bodybuilding.com link, they talk about ZMA helping with increasing testosterone. I was just wondering if anybody had tried it or other supplements and noticed an increase.
I've used ZMA because it was suppose to help with sleep. I don't think it affected my test but I could be wrong.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

While testosterone may be a good thing for you depending on your age, it isn't exactly to lose weight, in fact, it will help you put on weight (muscle) and you may hold more water.

If you were really serious in the gym, it would still work in your favor, but to just take it will not help you lose weight.

How do I know?

I have been doing a shot a week now since forever.
Old 12-25-2012, 06:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default for me and my experiance

yes it works...
it's often misapplied or medicated..
normal testosterone ranges are usually 275 - 1100 ng/dl
a huge range...
the medicate either through agonists (things that suppress estrogen) or antagonists - adding testosterone.
anabolic steroids are similar but not the same as testosterone...
anabolic, by definition has a healing, recovering, or building component to the drug. Testosterone is an attempt to supplement the original chemicals...
adding too much to soon will indeed cause you to produce less. Unless it is diagnostically indicated you should not use it.... Low energy levels, low libido, weight gain out of proportion to diet ... specifically belly fat .. and an age of 40 something and above might be indicators.. they have been mediciating women similarly since the 60"s ..
steroidal compounds themselves were developed in world war II to attempt to combat deaths due to malnutrition...

so the chemical compounds are real and established ..
delivery had changed somewhat ... injections and oral medications have given way to transdermal applications for mild to moderate cases...
IMO it unfortunately has been relegated to the realm of urologists .. most of which are either ill trained or at the least inexpert... It should be limited to endocrinologists and specialized... though LPN's are now prescribing them.

sorry I wandered a bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.